• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

I want to start up another anima weapon but it seems there aren't many FATE crystal farms going on lately.

Almost seems like it would be quicker to complete a zeta. Almost.

for those who gather, should I save up my red scrip tokens for the main hand first or just start buying what I can?

Main hand seems like a big upgrade, but it's another 2 weeks of red scrips away.

iammeiam

for those who gather, should I save up my red scrip tokens for the main hand first or just start buying what I can?

Main hand seems like a big upgrade, but it's another 2 weeks of red scrips away.

MH all the way; you can get a LOT of mileage out of the shared crafted gear, but MHs can't be shared. Then there's this.

Basic idea is if you meld the level 60 chest piece, you stat up all your gatherers. If you get red scrip left side gear, you're only upgrading one, so you might as well upgrade the slot you can't meld and share.

Zomba13

The page with 7-11 collaboration details is up. While I know that the "prizes" were already shown, I think this is the first time we got the list of products with points and the confirmation that 1 drink = 1 point (I haven't watched that part of the live letter).

3024 yen for White Fat Chocobo, 2 outfits, 2 masks and some other stuff.

Titan mask looks a little shit, like it's just a titan mask on your face. That Ifrit one though, that looks cool.

I want to start up another anima weapon but it seems there aren't many FATE crystal farms going on lately.

I'd expect people to start doing crystal fates again once 3.25 drops. I really need fate groups since I'm leveling a third job to 60 and I need to get carried.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I did them solo for a couple hours yesterday and already have 7/18 crystals. Really not bad at all.

MH all the way; you can get a LOT of mileage out of the shared crafted gear, but MHs can't be shared. Then there's this.

Basic idea is if you meld the level 60 chest piece, you stat up all your gatherers. If you get red scrip left side gear, you're only upgrading one, so you might as well upgrade the slot you can't meld and share.

Cool. I have the 60 crafted left side and the Dragonskin right side stuff. Done basic melds on all and a couple of basic overmelds.

This is only for FSH though. I don't think I'll level my Botanist or Miner, it's too tedious and boring to me. Maybe if I remember to do my daily turn ins or something.

iammeiam

Cool. I have the 60 crafted left side and the Dragonskin right side stuff. Done basic melds on all and a couple of basic overmelds.

This is only for FSH though. I don't think I'll level my Botanist or Miner, it's too tedious and boring to me. Maybe if I remember to do my daily turn ins or something.

If you're going fish only you can kind of do whatever, but I think that actually makes getting the blue scrip books more tedious (I've only found the wherewithal to grind out two, and found fishing the most frustrating route to get blue scrips.) MIN/BTN collectible stuff is at least semi interactive, and favors are where most of the actual money is and can't be done on FSH.

That said, I think Coerthas Western Highlands is the only fishing book with actual useful fish in it, and I can catch Coerthan Oysters OK with just badly melded shared gear and the scrip rod/chest. Fishing stays in that weird realm of not getting real feedback on how much gear helps, and I haven't kept up on the stat requirements for useless fish since HW doesn't have them desynth into anything cool.

Squishy3

I just recently did it again and the only ones I've had troubles getting parties going for is Hinterlands and Azys Lla. Set up your own PF if there isn't already one and just go around doing them with your chocobo and people will probably eventually start filtering in. You don't need many, 2-4 is fine for pretty much every fate excluding the super big boss ones.

If you're going fish only you can kind of do whatever, but I think that actually makes getting the blue scrip books more tedious (I've only found the wherewithal to grind out two, and found fishing the most frustrating route to get blue scrips.) MIN/BTN collectible stuff is at least semi interactive, and favors are where most of the actual money is and can't be done on FSH.

That said, I think Coerthas Western Highlands is the only fishing book with actual useful fish in it, and I can catch Coerthan Oysters OK with just badly melded shared gear and the scrip rod/chest. Fishing stays in that weird realm of not getting real feedback on how much gear helps, and I haven't kept up on the stat requirements for useless fish since HW doesn't have them desynth into anything cool.

yeah, farming blue scrips is pretty tedious. Illuminai Perch suck. However, I just enjoy fishing in this game which is why I'm doing it. I'd probably do BTN/MIN stuff if they were 60, but it's the act of levelling them that makes it so tedious. Same with crafters.

I guess I'll start doing my turn-ins for both and just see what happens, though I'll probably forget in a few days as usual.

rubius01

This is confusing:

There is no achievement for beating a Savage raid, aside from the final fight of the tier, so I'm not clear on how that would work. 3.3 Raid Finder sounds like it has the potential to be hilarious though.

This is most likely a mistranslation. He's probably talking about the bonus/already cleared for the week internal flags.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Ended up buying the HQ Steel Chainmail for the Armorer's quest. Getting the materials for making HQ stuff is too much of a hassle for me, it feels like cheating but oh well, glad the game lets you do this stuff.

Current weapon is ilvl 180 and I think the esoterics weapon looks pretty dumb (Bard). Any other easy upgrades?

You can always buy the esoteric weapon and glamour it. That's what I love about this game. If not... kill your soul and grind crystals in each HW zone to get a i170 weapon that later becomes a glowy i 200 weapon.

Current weapon is ilvl 180 and I think the esoterics weapon looks pretty dumb (Bard). Any other easy upgrades?
Why not just get a Berimbau and glamour it?

Other upgrades won't be easy or they'll be grindy as all fuck and they're pretty much all obsolete at this point so you don't really have a reason not to get the eso weapon unless you already have an i210 weapon.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so the armory bonus only applies to jobs from the same category?

for instance to get an armory bonus for DoM I need one of the classes in that category higher than the others, right?

iammeiam

You can always buy the esoteric weapon and glamour it. That's what I love about this game. If not... kill your soul and grind crystals in each HW zone to get a i170 weapon that later becomes a glowy i 200 weapon.

It's worth noting it becomes a glowy version of the Esoterics weapon so it's good news if what you thought Berimbau was missing was a stench aura, but otherwise will not fix the stupid looking issue. It turns into a different stupid-looking bow at i210 which may or may not be a selling point.

Primal upgrade route should be viable--i190 from Ravana, then 205 from Thordan, eventually 220 from Seph. Although "easy" is relative, Ravana at least should be ridiculously outgeared and faceroll at this point.

Also I'm kind of hoping the i220 crafted weapons they made and never released get patched in tonight, since their OPness will be less of a thing with accessible i230 in a week. But there is zero actual reason to believe this is happening, more just me reflecting on how silly it is to design and then not release 'em.

creid

so the armory bonus only applies to jobs from the same category?

for instance to get an armory bonus for DoM I need one of the classes in that category higher than the others, right?
No, it doesn't have to be the same category to get the bonus.

I'd expect people to start doing crystal fates again once 3.25 drops. I really need fate groups since I'm leveling a third job to 60 and I need to get carried.

I did them solo for a couple hours yesterday and already have 7/18 crystals. Really not bad at all.

I just recently did it again and the only ones I've had troubles getting parties going for is Hinterlands and Azys Lla. Set up your own PF if there isn't already one and just go around doing them with your chocobo and people will probably eventually start filtering in. You don't need many, 2-4 is fine for pretty much every fate excluding the super big boss ones.

Yeah I figured I should try them out solo for a bit and see what results I get. Hopefully the RNG isn't that bad.

Jeels

So I know we have Mumble, this thread, and guildwork, (and obviously the FC chat for those on Ultros), but is there a GAF FFXIV Discord group? I think that would be cool...

Valor

So I know we have Mumble, this thread, and guildwork, (and obviously the FC chat for those on Ultros), but is there a GAF FFXIV Discord group? I think that would be cool...

slowpoke.png

Vashetti

Banned
When we can we expect the full 3.25 patch notes, after the maintenance?

I'm still away from home so can't play, and I'm hungry for any info :p

Valor

Cant wait to see how badly they nerf previous relic step and how awful next relic step will be. Gonna be exciting to chase a gun with those terrible stats. Maybe I should have stayed bard after all.

iammeiam

I'm trying to figure out a scenario where the gun is worth it before 3.3 given the tome weapon is Crit/Det.

The best I can come up with is slotting it in at over i230 which would probably actually be worth it just to watch the community have fits.

Allard

Cant wait to see how badly they nerf previous relic step and how awful next relic step will be. Gonna be exciting to chase a gun with those terrible stats. Maybe I should have stayed bard after all.

Well spec change for anima weapons has been confirmed for 3.3, I guess if you do gun consider it an investment in madness that you might eventually for a brief period of time be best in class (for like 4 weeks after 3.35).

Valor

I mean that in the best way possible.

Well spec change for anima weapons has been confirmed for 3.3, I guess if you do gun consider it an investment in madness that you might eventually for a brief period of time be best in class (for like 4 weeks after 3.35).

Yeah I mean if I get it, which I guess I might unless the next step is as shitty as the first, it'll be an investment towards it eventually not being hot garbage.

iammeiam

Patch notes

No nerfs to the last step noted
i230 on the new ones
Bennu on cash shop
i220 crafted stuff convertible to materia now
A bunch of choco racing stuff that made my eyes glaze over

I'm guessing this will be a light grind, apropos of not much

Hyper conductive? Sounds neat but I wonder what we will have to do to get them. I hope it is not going to be something ridiculous like overcharge it with materia again.

Edit: lol @ no nerfs.

Top Bottom