• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Omni

I wonder how grindy this next step is gonna be for the relic.

i230 is nice though. If the grind isn't awful I can use my Lore weapon on my alt class. At least to begin with.

Hmmm, now do I continue to save the tomes for the weapon or shall I start using the lore on relevant lore pieces...?

That is what I am debating right now. My alt/sub is blm and I main AST. If in a few weeks I can just get my ast the i230 relic (assuming it isn't grindy), then there is absolutely no point in getting the i230 lore weapon for my ast. Guess we'll have to wait for stats first.

Omni

I'm still nowhere near done with the first relic step. Gonna take foreeeeever. I don't know how people got em' so quickly tbh.

I only finished mine a week or so ago.

Honestly the only reason I bothered was that half of the mats were crafted for me for free, and the others were super cheap because of who I asked. Once I had those I figured "screw it" and just grinded out the remaining poetics I needed.

Already had my Seph weapons at that point, so it's just been glamour so far >.>

Wilsongt

It's a shame I was forced to shift to bard for static instead of staying summoner. The Draconomicon will be even more useless to me at 230 than it was before, thanks to Det/Spell speed build.

I am also nowhere near getting a second Zeta to turn it for the Gandiva, and fates can fucking bite me since I've done over 50+ fates and not a single crystal has dropped.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
In other news, relic questline continues to remain antithetical to several major design points the game has and Yoshida is none the wiser.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think they revealed that awhile ago.

Eventual evolution to the everything guidebook that came out for 2.x.
I've been out of the loop for a while regarding news, but I might grab this one as well, since it looks really useful.

BadRNG

Wow they really put a lot of effort into chocobo racing changes. I am sure it won't be dead again within a month or anything.

those DRK feast changes are alright. Gives the tank with the most offensive OGCds even stronger ones.
I just don't see how it really helps much? The main issue with DRK in PvP is it has no real role. WAR is mini-dps and can put out some big burst with a few support things, PLD is king annoyance/support, DRK is...? It's just like PvE where it's the middle ground but here it's not effective enough in any role. These changes don't really address any of that.

I don't even know how you do change any of that. Carnal Chill at least not being straight up worse/harder to use Testudo is nice start (it's still less effective/harder to use but you can at least use it 30s earlier now? yay?).

Zomba13

Patch notes

No nerfs to the last step noted
i230 on the new ones
Bennu on cash shop
i220 crafted stuff convertible to materia now
A bunch of choco racing stuff that made my eyes glaze over

I'm guessing this will be a light grind, apropos of not much

That is a LOT of MGP for the Chocobo challenges. Like, if I do them all I could get Fenrir!

Ken

Wow they really put a lot of effort into chocobo racing changes. I am sure it won't be dead again within a month or anything.

I just don't see how it really helps much? The main issue with DRK in PvP is it has no real role. WAR is mini-dps and can put out some big burst with a few support things, PLD is king annoyance/support, DRK is...? It's just like PvE where it's the middle ground but here it's not effective enough in any role. These changes don't really address any of that.

I don't even know how you do change any of that. Carnal Chill at least not being straight up worse/harder to use Testudo is nice start (it's still less effective/harder to use but you can at least use it 30s earlier now? yay?).

they'd have to change carnal chill and tar pit but they won't (and also change push back to be WAR only and give the other two tanks a real third pvp skill).

the changes still keep DRK bottom tier of tanks but less bottomer! but seriously idk. i feel like square thinks Feast DRK works so I'm gonna continue messing around with it.

Eldren

According to reddit, you need 5 aether oils which cost 1800 esoterics each or you get 1 from doing the Crystal Tower weekly. I'm still using esos to buy the items from the last step so that weekly is a godsend. Plus it'll get people doing CT/ST/WoD again which is great news.

Edit: should have refreshed, oops. Probably won't rush either the relic or the lore weapon because it's a toss-up between Crit/SS and Det/SS, just like the bad old days.

Omni

According to reddit, you need 5 aether oils which cost 1800 esoterics each or you get 1 from doing the Crystal Tower weekly. I'm still using esos to buy the items from the last step so that weekly is a godsend. Plus it'll get people doing CT/ST/WoD again which is great news.
So like... a couple of weeks if you're doing all of your roulettes? I think I'm maxed on Eso already, so that helps a bit.

CT stuff is fun, so I'm looking forward to that o:

Robin64

Got myself a nice new graphics card at the weekend and so returned to FFXIV to see how it runs. 1080p at mostly 60fps with everything up high, holy shit! Having started this on PS3, it's something special.

I was halfway through 2.2, it seems, when I last stopped playing. Loads of cutscenes between me and Heavensward, but I don't feel I'm in too much of a rush. The Leviathan stuff was pretty fun, and tonight I get to fight Ramuh. I wish some of the filler quests were less obviously filler, though.

No nerfs to the last step of the anima relic is a joke, I ain't grinding my ass off for a month for a weapon that will be irrelevant in a few weeks.

iammeiam

If your relic was garbage last tier (DRG, NIN, MCH), it's garbager this tier. It's also not going to 240 before 3.3, so if you have plans or hopes of killing A7S before then, it'll be replaced with the upgraded lore weapon.

The nice thing about this step is that you can apparently grab the weekly without even having an i210 relic, per Reddit, which means you can stock up on the oils while also slowly accruing the i210 step items then eventually just do it all at once. It'll be an easy step to no life, the return of people feverishly trying to farm others for their bonus eso.

It's not a bad step, but it's not a reason to start paying attention to anima if you hadn't been already. No materia slots is funny though.

aceface

No nerfs to the last step of the anima relic is a joke, I ain't grinding my ass off for a month for a weapon that will be irrelevant in a few weeks.

I wasn't expecting it, I remember it taking forever for atmas to get nerfs last time around.I would look for nerfs to anima maybe 2 more relic steps down the line.

However, this step they introduced right now is legitimately the easiest relic step they've ever had (of the grindy ones that is, except perhaps mahatmas), which is nice, especially for a 20 ilevel jump. It's like they packed all the work for 2 steps into the previous anima level.

Top Bottom