• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

PowerTaxi

Banned
If your relic was garbage last tier (DRG, NIN, MCH), it's garbager this tier. It's also not going to 240 before 3.3, so if you have plans or hopes of killing A7S before then, it'll be replaced with the upgraded lore weapon.

The nice thing about this step is that you can apparently grab the weekly without even having an i210 relic, per Reddit, which means you can stock up on the oils while also slowly accruing the i210 step items then eventually just do it all at once. It'll be an easy step to no life, the return of people feverishly trying to farm others for their bonus eso.

It's not a bad step, but it's not a reason to start paying attention to anima if you hadn't been already. No materia slots is funny though.

I'm planning on getting the lore gun while working on the Bard relic. Not that I'll really need it, it'll just be something to do.

The nice thing about this step is that you can apparently grab the weekly without even having an i210 relic, per Reddit, which means you can stock up on the oils while also slowly accruing the i210 step items then eventually just do it all at once. It'll be an easy step to no life, the return of people feverishly trying to farm others for their bonus eso.

It's not a bad

Thanks so much for this. This will absolutely make my life easier and not to mention Crystal tower bonuses for people who have never done it. I'll get this done by the time I'm able to get a Hyperconductive weapon, I think.

Dunno if I'll be able to beat A7S before 3.3 but having a weapon that adds close to 40 points of skill speed onto my skill speed heavy gear is...no. Especially since we still can't use Goad on ourselves to help with TP. I'll just get the lore weapon and do this relic quest slowly so I can easily be ready for the next step when it comes.

73NoSLv.png

Ast weapon Hyperconductive Deneb looks fabulous. There are a few of the others floating around on reddit.

ebil

You can't.
Also no materia slots.
Oh lol. Why did they even bother.

Dunno if I'll be able to beat A7S before 3.3 but having a weapon that adds close to 40 points of skill speed onto my skill speed heavy gear is...no. Especially since we still can't use Goad on ourselves to help with TP. I'll just get the lore weapon and do this relic quest slowly so I can easily be ready for the next step when it comes.
Honestly I'm stocked up with all 80 items and my NIN zeta for a second Anima Weapon but I'm almost certainly not going to get NIN's Anima despite it being my secondary job (I still have no idea what I'm going to get and am not terribly bothered either). It's terrible and the Lore weapon has the best secondary stat distribution, which makes it hard to pass on. There's no way I'm ever going back to sub-2s GCD if I can avoid it and waiting until 3.3 and yet another step to finally be able to get rid of that skillspeed doesn't feel enticing at all.

Valor

Just realized that I need to go crystal fate farms and shit for machinist anima since i did it for the bard one originally. lol nty.

Jeels

Really happy with this relic step. Can do the weekly Crystal tower + whatever else I usually play and get it in a month or less. No stress to grind.

iammeiam

So just to mess with it, in order for the MCH relic to be better than the unmelded lore gun, 114 crit has to be worse than 114 SS+33 DET.

Using anything resembling the JP MCH stat weights floating around, relic gets obliterated. They place 114 crit at 23.94. 114 SS at 12.08, and 33 DET at 5.742. In secondaries, relic comes up like 6 DEX short before melds. Them maxing out both secondaries on the relic instead of allowing melds is awesome for jobs with good relics, but less so for jobs with meh relics.

Without actual open methodology for derived numbers, it's hard to be really specific, but the base way the job works points to SS being a bad stat for MCH. We basically would need SS weights relative to SMN with Garuda for that going off Dervy's weights. Using SMN with Ifrit stats, the relic falls behind. Given that SMN benefits considerably more from the SS DoT scaling, it's a really hard sell.

Leunam

Maybe it looks better in motion.

I may just have to go for Almace/Ancile instead of Verethgana and just buy the Lore fists. I switched over to Monk as my main DPS but never got the Awoken weapons. I really don't want to crystal farm ever again.

Valor

My numbers vastly undershoot, but don't undershoot ss as much as jp numbers do. I also find it hard to imagine .21 being the weight for crit. Dervy likened them to a dot less smn in terms of weights. Smn weights are roughly .16 .18 and .135.

I also know I undervalue crit on my numbers but I was just partly making a joke. Even if det is on par with smn at .18 you're looking at 33.5 v 31. That's not obliterating anything. As I stated in my edit, I am aware of material melding and the effective 100 det puts torrent ahead by a comfortable margin.

Basically, even with shitty stat spreads one shouldn't undervalue the power of two max secondaries.

My weights only really appear to drastically underestimate crit, which I'll probably bump to .18 in the future. Really what's funny is that comparing my (readily acknowledge) made up numbers to the jp numbers used is that I undervalue crit and they appear to overvalue it. So when you have a weapon with max crit that difference will make itself known

Edit: never saw that dervy post in the thread on my phone so multitasking is hard. If that's what the man says then I won't argue. I just wasn't aware he "signed off" on those. I still feel crit may be a bit excessive but whatever.

Already posting elsewhere but figured can't hurt to post here. Looking for a new static. At this point, I'll take being on A6S (even if it's fresh) so long as entire group has cleared A5S (not going that far back). Willing to transfer servers since getting a group past A5S as a WHM right now is virtually impossible (least on Ultros). Absolutely can't raid on Wednesdays or Fridays. Can only raid 8pm-12am CDT Mon/Tu/Thur, and I am pretty flexible on Sat/Sun.

Or if any of you on another server have active pug LS that have people on A6S that maybe just do page runs right now (and plan to take people through weekly on A7S/A8S in the coming weeks/months), I'd be interested in that.

Also somebody in the GAF FC would you approve Aang again since if I transfer, I still want to be able to interact with GAF in-game.

Also Bennu cash shop. RIP T12 dreams.

scy

Basically, even with shitty stat spreads one shouldn't undervalue the power of two max secondaries.

Feel like this is a hard sale when you can (almost) max two secondaries either way so the stats involved become the most relevant part of it?

My weights only really appear to drastically underestimate crit, which I'll probably bump to .18 in the future. Really what's funny is that comparing my (readily acknowledge) made up numbers to the jp numbers used is that I undervalue crit and they appear to overvalue it. So when you have a weapon with max crit that difference will make itself known.

.18 seems like a weird spot for a class with an auto-crit and that functions closer to BLM vs SMN when you'd start trying to parse out their damage and even BLM has a >.2 stat weighting for Crit.

No. Nobody cares about your damage anymore, this isn't 3.1.

time to go paladin D:

Sorian

Banned
.18 seems like a weird spot for a class with an auto-crit and that functions closer to BLM vs SMN when you'd start trying to parse out their damage and even BLM has a >.2 stat weighting for Crit.

Is there recent BLM numbers anywhere?

Valor

We also have Dervy calling the MCH JP weights "realistic enough", so

Yeah sorry I didn't click the link before replying.
I still dunno about that crit but it sounds like dervy just wants us to get off his back about the weights lol oh well.

I'm just a gonna back off of this for now since I can't keep up with what I want to say and by the time I am able to it won't matter. I mean it barely matters as is.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I still dunno about that crit but it sounds like dervy just wants us to get off his back about the weights lol oh well.

I'm just a gonna back off of this for now since I can't keep up with what I want to say and by the time I am able to it won't matter. I mean it barely matters as is.

If you guys clear 6 this week just tell your group to give you the tome. EZ.

iammeiam

I'm mostly invested in minimizing the number of Armageddons I see running around, so squashing the idea that they're not worse is always relevant to my interests. Bad stats, ugly, gross glow. Just Say No To Armageddon.

It'll win out in 3.3 with custom stats, but until then it deserves to be shunned hard. There's just something insulting about relics with crap secondary allocations.

I'm mostly invested in minimizing the number of Armageddons I see running around, so squashing the idea that they're not worse is always relevant to my interests. Bad stats, ugly, gross glow. Just Say No To Armageddon.

It'll win out in 3.3 with custom stats, but until then it deserves to be shunned hard. There's just something insulting about relics with crap secondary allocations.

I'd rather the MNK relic have crap secondaries than have the other 2 weapons with skill speed :/

scy

That sounds way too high for SS.

It sort of does but mostly out of SSPD having breakpoints to reach before it actually matters; adjusting cast time down raises DPS but you're stuck to other limiting factors (MP, timers) that it's hard to outright quantify saving cast times that don't gain raw casts per minute.

That said, is where the weights come from and he notes the SSPD value is most likely higher than that listed number.

feels so bad man

well, attacking really fast actually feels great until you have no TP and have used Invig and Purification. And then the AST gives you Arrow anyway.

Valor

Oh man for the record the Armageddon is strictly worse. I would never advocate to get it. My initial post was meant as something of a joke especially for how I railed against the weapons in the past. I was more impressed by how close they were since I imagined that it would have been worse by a mile. Without materia allocation I was just surprised it was as close as it was. With the more correct weights, yeah. Not even in the same ballpark.

I still haven't seen the glowy version of it yet but going by the ones I have seen my hopes are not high.

And kagari, I think eve would have to be on suicide watch if I got that tome before him.

Sorian

Banned
It sort of does but mostly out of SSPD having breakpoints to reach before it actually matters; adjusting cast time down raises DPS but you're stuck to other limiting factors (MP, timers) that it's hard to outright quantify saving cast times that don't gain raw casts per minute.

That said, is where the weights come from and he notes the SSPD value is most likely higher than that listed number.

All those limiting factors that BLMs don't have, truly the master race.

The thing with spell speed is that not only it raises DPS but it also gives you more breathing room within your rotations. Nevermind mechanics and dodging shit, with enough spell speed you can do the 6 F4 opener without praying for a Firestarter proc, for example, which also saves you from doing the Flare opener and keeps your Swiftcast up in case you need to B4 during a mechanic to keep Enoch. Plus we're not anywhere near whatever cap SS should have in HW, so gotta go fast.
feels so bad man

well, attacking really fast actually feels great until you have no TP and have used Invig and Purification. And then the AST gives you Arrow anyway.
I'm convinced AST players are mega sadists and do that just to see you squirm.

scy

All those limiting factors that BLMs don't have, truly the master race.

Sort of? You do have them still, it's just you can cycle through it faster. That's why it comes down to what SSPD you need for an actual realized gain somewhere and where the breakpoints get weird. Getting through the rotation faster without adding raw casts is a vastly smaller gain; doing it and gaining an extra cast somewhere suddenly jumps it up and that's what leads to that weird weight.

Basically, a lot of SSPD will most likely be worse per-point than other stats until you hit one of the inflection values where it rockets ahead in value.

The thing with spell speed is that not only it raises DPS but it also gives you more breathing room within your rotations. Nevermind mechanics and dodging shit, with enough spell speed you can do the 6 F4 opener without praying for a Firestarter proc, for example, which also saves you from doing the Flare opener and keeps your Swiftcast up in case you need to B4 during a mechanic to keep Enoch. Plus we're not anywhere near whatever cap SS should have in HW, so gotta go fast.

And quantifying "being allowed to do my shit ffs game" is even harder :(

And quantifying "being allowed to do my shit ffs game" is even harder :(
WTB enough spell speed to make Sephirot stop being an asshole
It's a nice ego boost when an AST throws me a balance over all the other DPS in an 8-man situation.
From my experience in pugs it's more like "maybe this will make him do damage in line with the rest of the group so we can stop fucking enraging"

Tiops

I'm half way through my PLD Almace, so I'll probably skip Lore weapon now (Parry, eew) and just grab the i230 Almace. I have no hopes of getting through A7 anytime soon, and I believe they'll raise the ilvl of the Anima to i240 when they start giving the gobdips in 3.3, so...

What's the best way to get Anima crap at the moment? Beast tribes?

What's the best way to get Anima crap at the moment? Beast tribes?

Yeah, pretty much. I have almost 60/80 with 73 vanu and 66 vath tokens. That means I can get 4 unidentifiable items from vanu and 3 from vath atm. Plus my 2000 allied seals and that's 2 more tokens right there. So yeah, do your beast tribes but if you never started, it will take weeks to get a good amount of tokens. Oh and DO HUNTS. I'm in a hunt LS and it really helps.

Top Bottom