• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

iammeiam

I mean... it's just a zu with a shitty palette swap. Disappointing.

And T12 music!

I dunno, I'm curious how they differentiate between mounts they want to make per-account for $24, and those they want to make per-character for $15. And why they decided to release Zu first; had Bennu just hit with 3.2 and then they added Zu to airship ventures in 3.25, I imagine Bennu would have seemed more novel. Or if they gave it those divebombs.

ebil

That reminds me, the zu mount uses which music?
Since the Bennu uses T12 (which is totally awesome).
The generic (but lovely) flying mount theme. I usually disable mount music anyway because I fear getting my company chocobo and dying to the subsequent heart attack.

Cmagus

It's pricey for a re-skin but I'm sure it will go on sale at some point. I pretty much just collect mounts no minions so I don't mind putting a bit of money into the mounts.

They both look really nice. Personally I like the Bennu look a little more.

dRZUCBR.png

41dCdsk.png

My DF A8N group last night hit enrage. It's week 6. One BLM had 5 vulnerability stacks from screwing up mechanics 5 times. how.jpg
The wipes I'm seeing in the last couple Alex weeks are a thing of beauty.

Wiping at A5 Fausts? No one on gorilla duty forcing BLMs to do that shit? Melees not noticing getting marked for the piss pool? People ignoring padlocks? Healers ignoring poison ducts? Healers eating every single fucking Mega Beam in A8? People ignoring the A8 regulators when they shouldn't and not ignoring them when they should? Tanks losing aggro during the second phase? Tanks moving away from the party and eating Double Beams by themselves? Tanks losing Brute Justice's aggro? Not using cooldowns in the busters?

PRIMAL'S GOT IT ALL BABY

Omni

Tanks losing Brute Justice's aggro?
Speaking of, what's the best way to grab his hate when he spawns? I don't tank very often but I did A8 the other day and our healer seemed to grab it almost instantly and died (silly AST). Suppose I need to provoke it? Or is it carried over from the other adds somehow?

I tried unmend > enmity combo but by then it was too late. Hmm

Valor

Speaking of, what's the best way to grab his hate when he spawns? I don't tank very often but I did A8 the other day and our healer seemed to grab it almost instantly and died (silly AST). Suppose I need to provoke it? Or is it carried over from the other adds somehow?

It usually ends up on a healer so voke into enmity combo typically works for me unless healers decide to drop stupid large heals for the tiny damage done. Then they will likely be targeted by double rocket punch and run off to die in a corner while I try to stack on them to try to help them survive. I think I've lost my last two healers to that when I've tanked it. I mean outside of my Voke and power slash there isn't a whole lot else to do.

Tiops

The wipes I'm seeing in the last couple Alex weeks are a thing of beauty.

Wiping at A5 Fausts? No one on gorilla duty forcing BLMs to do that shit? Melees not noticing getting marked for the piss pool? People ignoring padlocks? Healers ignoring poison ducts? Healers eating every single fucking Mega Beam in A8? People ignoring the A8 regulators when they shouldn't and not ignoring them when they should? Tanks losing aggro during the second phase? Tanks moving away from the party and eating Double Beams by themselves? Tanks losing Brute Justice's aggro? Not using cooldowns in the busters?

PRIMAL'S GOT IT ALL BABY

"What is it like when you pull back the curtain..."

Half the party has a stroke and dies.

Yes, I'm salty.

If the healer started healing as soon as the boss spawned, something was wrong. Some healing skills pull massive aggro, they need to let the tank hit the boss first before going crazy.

Provoke into unmend should be enough.

If the healer started healing as soon as the boss spawned, something was wrong. Some healing skills pull massive aggro, they need to let the tank hit the boss first before going crazy.

Stoneskin of all things will pull aggro if the tank hasn't hit the boss yet. I want to cast it before the fight starts, but sometimes the tank doesn't want to wait.

Tiops

Stoneskin of all things will pull aggro if the tank hasn't hit the boss yet. I want to cast it before the fight starts, but sometimes the tank doesn't want to wait.

But in the case he mentioned, it's a phase change to a new enemy. Healers should heal players and protect them before the boss starts, so the tank have a chance to hit with something to hold a little aggro. If the tank pull while you're casting something, then the issue is with the tank.

scy

All buffs deal roughly 70 points of enmity, modified by ... well, all modifiers. Random info, I guess.

But in the case he mentioned, it's a phase change to a new enemy. Healers should heal players and protect them before the boss starts, so the tank have a chance to hit with something to hold a little aggro. If the tank pull while you're casting something, then the issue is with the tank.

I mean ... it hits the raid right before he's targetable so you can have people pre-cast in anticipation of the knockback going out. If you're losing it for a significant (i.e., more than a single auto attack) amount of time, that's basically on the tank? Just Provoke into Shield Lob / Tomahawk / Plunge+combo starter.

If they massive AoE heal bomb spam after he's targetable then okay that's awkward but at that point it's pretty obvious they're just screwing with you. Otherwise, treat it like any other basic add spawn except without the luxury of a primed threat combo.

WolvenOne

You are a tank. Everyone is looking for a tank right now. You shouldn't have that much of a problem honestly.

Yeah, but right now I'm not eager to jump back into raiding. I've picked writing fiction back up as a hobby, and that's kinda time consuming. Plus there's still issues with my family that I'm trying to deal with.

I'd like to get into raiding again eventually, but I fear that the pickings are going to be slimmer once I'm ready to jump back in. <_<;;

Tiops

I mean ... it hits the raid right before he's targetable so you can have people pre-cast in anticipation of the knockback going out. If you're losing it for a significant (i.e., more than a single auto attack) amount of time, that's basically on the tank? Just Provoke into Shield Lob / Tomahawk / Plunge+combo starter.

If they massive AoE heal bomb spam after he's targetable then okay that's awkward but at that point it's pretty obvious they're just screwing with you. Otherwise, treat it like any other basic add spawn except without the luxury of a primed threat combo.

Yes, provoke/shield lob/etc. should solve things. I just assumed that, if the healer immediately got aggro, something went wrong. Yesterday I was doing SephEX and, just as I provoked a Cochma, the WHM used Medica II. I got the aggro back fast, but not before the WHM took a punch to the face.

But maybe I'm wrong and just salty about the WHM in the "clear" party yesterday :( . It's a shame I don't play in Ultros, I'd definitely ask help here lol

Valor

I was going to say....did the Bennu's in T12 use a Zu model? I honestly don't remember.

Just checked a video and yeah, it looks like they did. I have this weird idea in my head of what bennu looked like but I guess I was mistaken. Still, I'm not super enthused about the bennu mount, but I'm glad people like it. I like it a little bit more than before after realizing they basically look the same as the mount.

Jayhawk

Just checked a video and yeah, it looks like they did. I have this weird idea in my head of what bennu looked like but I guess I was mistaken. Still, I'm not super enthused about the bennu mount, but I'm glad people like it. I like it a little bit more than before after realizing they basically look the same as the mount.

Please provide us an MS Paint representation of your fantasized Bennu look, so we can all compare to the actual look.

Jeels

Instead of bennu it should have been a Phoenix mount. At least then you'd be getting a unique model for your 24 dollar purchase...

suzu

Please provide us an MS Paint representation of your fantasized Bennu look, so we can all compare to the actual look.

Eldren

I love buttons on that Maelstrom coat. Very curious to see what the other pieces are like because I've always preferred their gear.

iammeiam

Meanwhile I kind of feel like crafters or gatherers are winning with the outfit the Au'ra girl is wearing. Y'all can keep your long coats.

iammeiam

wiped 12 times in a row on Garuda ex :(

How hard is it not to kill spiny plume early , people. >.<

Were you running minimum iLevel to music farm? Even at level 50, people in pony farms had stopped bothering with the mechanic and just burned her down. So probably pretty hard since everyone is used to overgearing it and just melting everything.

Valor

Bennu Feet!? D:

I dunno if I can outdo suzu's interpretation. It's pretty spot on. Let's be glad it doesn't look like ff11.

Bennu.jpg

Meanwhile I kind of feel like crafters or gatherers are winning with the outfit the Au'ra girl is wearing. Y'all can keep your long coats.
Yeah that gear looks the best, probably because Ironworks colors.

Top Bottom