• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Jayhawk

64px-Dreadwyrm_Breeches_of_Aiming_Icon.png

Phoenix != Bennu

FFXIV Bennu were just lackeys for Phoenix
FFXI Bennus had lackeys you needed to beat for a pop item, just to fight him.

Oh, and no weekly lockout on FFXI Bennu. Bennu farm parties!

Jaeyden

The wipes I'm seeing in the last couple Alex weeks are a thing of beauty.

Wiping at A5 Fausts? No one on gorilla duty forcing BLMs to do that shit? Melees not noticing getting marked for the piss pool? People ignoring padlocks? Healers ignoring poison ducts? Healers eating every single fucking Mega Beam in A8? People ignoring the A8 regulators when they shouldn't and not ignoring them when they should? Tanks losing aggro during the second phase? Tanks moving away from the party and eating Double Beams by themselves? Tanks losing Brute Justice's aggro? Not using cooldowns in the busters?

PRIMAL'S GOT IT ALL BABY

My theory is because most everyone is done with Alex Normal on mains. So now it's a ton of casuals trying to get rides and under geared alts.

WolvenOne

Square Enix actually has had an advertisement up for a Battle/Event designer for FFXIV, for about a year and a half now I think.

The sticking point seems to be that, they're looking for somebody whom is experienced with games like FFXIV, WOW, etc, but whom lives in Japan and speaks Japanese fluently. That last bit is somewhat of a problem, when you consider that there historically haven't been many games like FFXIV to come out of Japan.

It's also possible that the asking wage may be too low. That'd be entirely speculative however. <_<;;

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've dipped back into this over the last two days after about 6 (paid) months off after completing the ARR MSQ

Some thoughts:
- It reset my hotbars back to default due to a Windows reinstall, and it took hours to learn how to fight again.
All the local settings like hotbars etc. are saved in the FF14 my documents folder. You can copy it to a new PC and not have to set it up again!

Well looking back on things, this month has been a super productive month for me in this game. Went from hating tanking to getting Dark Knight to 51 so far making it my 2nd highest class now since Dragoon is my only one above 50 until now. Just did my first full party trial as a tank and while I stuck to OT it was really fun.

Thorgal

Wild speculation :the reason monk has received so many buffs recently is because next expansion will take us to Alla Mhigo and Monk will be the poster class for it as monk class originates from there

Thorgal

Were you running minimum iLevel to music farm? Even at level 50, people in pony farms had stopped bothering with the mechanic and just burned her down. So probably pretty hard since everyone is used to overgearing it and just melting everything.

I used DF for it so I assume it was synced

Pachimari

When are they introducing the trainer feature? I would like to have one of you as mine, helping me through this. I always seem to just stop at lvl 15, so maybe a trainer who can also motivate me would be cool.

Caj814

Wild speculation :the reason monk has received so many buffs recently is because next expansion will take us to Alla Mhigo and Monk will be the poster class for it as monk class originates from there

So can we expect an intro with the MC job changing into a Monk and joining an army of them blowing up Magitek Armor with their fists?

Thorgal

So can we expect an intro with the MC job changing into a Monk and joining an army of them blowing up Magitek Armor with their fists?
Yes, complete with hokuto no Ken Kenshiro signature "ATATATATATATATATATA WATAAAAAIII!!!" attack screams :p

also lots of manly tears will be shed!

Tiops

Finally beat SephEX with the help of my FC and decent people from PF :) . Pretty easy fight if the team doesn't suck. We beat it right before the second set of knockback punches that I forgot the name.

Didn't get my weapon, but now I can join the terrible farm parties and be done with that.

Omni

Finally beat SephEX with the help of my FC and decent people from PF :) . Pretty easy fight if the team doesn't suck. We beat it right before the second set of knockback punches that I forgot the name.

Didn't get my weapon, but now I can join the terrible farm parties and be done with that.
Congrats! It's very manageable if you know what you're doing. Sadly too many people make clear parties when they don't understand basic mechanics and then wonder why they can't beat it.

I want the bird so much. Need to farm moar D:

studyguy

Fuck Bennus, all T12 a raid member had a giant ascii macro of a bird that he kept popping when bennus popped.

Like first wave came and
<se.12> LE BENNU HAS ARRIVED <se.12>

Next wave

Again

T13

In Alexander

In midas

When we're in random parties for FEAST

Fuck bennus

Tiops

Congrats! It's very manageable if you know what you're doing. Sadly too many people make clear parties when they don't understand basic mechanics and then wonder why they can't beat it.

I want the bird so much. Need to farm moar D:

Thanks :) . Yeah, the fight is pretty manageable and the wind up for the boss' attacks are really long, but people mess up and deaths are punished pretty hard. Just need a team that can pay attention.

Valor

When are they introducing the trainer feature? I would like to have one of you as mine, helping me through this. I always seem to just stop at lvl 15, so maybe a trainer who can also motivate me would be cool.
There's a new mentor system in place that you should be able to take part in. That might help you a bit to stay motivated!

Kyrios

Having a tiny healer in a party and having her just go "NO ONE IS DYING TODAY" at the start just had me giggling almost the entire instance lol

Top Bottom