• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Tiops

We should get one Fantasia every other month of subscription. I'm enjoying my Femroe at the moment, but I know I'll want to change to Catgirl or a Popoto in the future.

But my Femroe is looking pretty good at the moment.

aae0afce4c5c8c3aa4d941aae3c513d5_be20385e18333edb329d4574f364a1f0fl0_640x873.jpg

Need to think of good glamours for her.

Jayhawk

fflogs data shows a strong correlation between Asami's dps and the skimpiness of his outfit, so lalafells are off limits for him.

Eldren

There's this one lala beard that looks like they have food smeared around their mouth and it's honestly the most nauseating thing in the entire game. The sideburns are fine I guess.

Sorian

Banned
Someone force Asami into a Fantasia bet so he can see the glory of max piety dunefolk pls

I lost my last fantasia bet, in shame I can never make another one again.

fflogs data shows a strong correlation between Asami's dps and the skimpiness of his outfit, so lalafells are off limits for him.

I stepped out of kill la kill, the more clothing I take off, the less I am limited.

Squishy3

We should get one Fantasia every other month of subscription. I'm enjoying my Femroe at the moment, but I know I'll want to change to Catgirl or a Popoto in the future.

But my Femroe is looking pretty good at the moment.

Need to think of good glamours for her.
There should probably just be more spread out in the veteran rewards

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I can't wait to be done with these MSQ and get to Ishgard and experience the HS content. I need a change of scenery. Running through the same 3 big zones and cities over and over and over again to do these quests is such a chore. That's this game biggest flaw, the world is ridiculously small for an MMO.

I wonder how they'll handle this stuff once the game is 3 expansions deep, for a new player playing through all this crap to get to up to date is going to be VERY tiresome.

I can't wait to be done with these MSQ and get to Ishgard and experience the HS content. I need a change of scenery. Running through the same 3 big zones and cities over and over and over again to do these quests is such a chore. That's this game biggest flaw, the world is ridiculously small for an MMO.

I wonder how they'll handle this stuff once the game is 3 expansions deep, for a new player playing through all this crap to get to up to date is going to be VERY tiresome.
Get ready to regret those words. Fuck Aether currents.

As for when they're 3 expansions deep, IIRC they've said further expansions will be independent, aka you won't need to own Heavensward or do the quests to go to wherever 4.0 will be at.

Jayhawk

I don't think completion of MSQ will be a requirement for future expansions due to all the complaining with the requirement for Heavensward... and the acronym is HW, not HS. Heavens-ward, not heaven-sward. TOWARDS HEAVEN!

Valor

I think they mentioned that they'll have a jump in point for 4.0 close to the 4.0 storyline with a recap of sorts of the story so far. They should have done this for 3.0, but at least they acknowledged that bringing in people for HW to make them do like 40 hours of quests before they can play the game they bought may not have been the best idea.

I think they mentioned that they'll have a jump in point for 4.0 close to the 4.0 storyline with a recap of sorts of the story so far. They should have done this for 3.0, but at least they acknowledged that bringing in people for HW to make them do like 40 hours of quests before they can play the game they bought may not have been the best idea.
40? Took me 100 hours of playtime to get to Ishgard and I was straight up rushing that shit down.

That was fucking soul crushing and I'm never, ever doing that again.

Error

That's good to hear, I don't have a problem with the story, the current arc I'm at is interesting. Involing the refugees and U'ldah.

My problem is how boring the quests themselves are and the fact that they are mandatory. The pay off is good though, because you unlock the group content. Like Leviathan's fight, the quest-chain towards the fight is horrible, but the fight itself is good.

Error

You know this is a final fantasy game right

SE is more receptive towards fan feedback these days. They have to be, last generation was a nightmare for them and they lost a lot of goodwill that they are trying to regain. They are a lot more transparent nowadays, even Star Ocean is getting streaming events to showcase the game now something unthinkable during last gen. There's a company wide policy to have more communication with the fans and to be more open with the fanbase regarding the projects they are working with (no more closed theaters).

If people didn't like all that questing towards HW, then they are going to change it for the next expansion I'm pretty sure of that.

Sorian

Banned
Get ready to regret those words. Fuck Aether currents.

As for when they're 3 expansions deep, IIRC they've said further expansions will be independent, aka you won't need to own Heavensward or do the quests to go to wherever 4.0 will be at.

You will definitely have to own Heavensward, they just said that the MSQ isn't required, you would still have to be level 60.

Sorry to interrupt your convos, I wanted to know if there's a way to confirm if a timecard is valid without actually using it? Also are they country-locked? I'm in the UK and the cover has another language on it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I hope you seriously don't think that dozens of hours of inconsequential fetchquesting for a few great moments is what makes a Final Fantasy game.

Kyrios

Also, can I pay for my next month like a couple of days before my free month ends, or do I have to wait until the day my free sub ends?

BadRNG

Also, can I pay for my next month like a couple of days before my free month ends, or do I have to wait until the day my free sub ends?
You can register your card to pay automatically but outside of buying sub with crysta or a subscription time card, you won't get the days/sub until actually charged.

aka_bueno

This worth picking up on PS4, or does it feel clunky with the controller?

Kinda itching to play an MMO on consoles and the Final Fantasy news from last night kinda has me wanting to try this, but I've only really played MMOs on PC and wondering if this will just feel out of place or like I'm handicapped by the controller?

Is this solo friendly? I don't have many PS4 buddies :p

iammeiam

This worth picking up on PS4, or does it feel clunky with the controller?

Kinda itching to play an MMO on consoles and the Final Fantasy news from last night kinda has me wanting to try this, but I've only really played MMOs on PC and wondering if this will just feel out of place or like I'm handicapped by the controller?

Is this solo friendly? I don't have many PS4 buddies :p

It plays very well on controller and every MMO should just steal its control scheme for controller implementation. The PS4 version is very solid. You will want a keyboard hooked up for chatting but all the actual game part works fine on controller.

You can get through everything up to endgame without knowing anybody; all the non-endgame grouped stuff can be done via the dungeon finder. There's only one set of servers so everyone, PC and console players, play together. There's a GAF guild on the Ultros server, too.

aka_bueno

It plays very well on controller and every MMO should just steal its control scheme for controller implementation. The PS4 version is very solid. You will want a keyboard hooked up for chatting but all the actual game part works fine on controller.

You can get through everything up to endgame without knowing anybody; all the non-endgame grouped stuff can be done via the dungeon finder. There's only one set of servers so everyone, PC and console players, play together. There's a GAF guild on the Ultros server, too.

Thanks! I bought the $19.99 digital version, dunno what I'm missing out on by not buying the other more expensive versions yet, but I figure if I dig the game I'll buy the expansion when I need it.

I'll try to make a character on Ultros if it lets me, I saw that the server currently doesn't let you make new characters on it or something. Not that it matters yet, still downloading the game.

Squishy3

Thanks! I bought the $19.99 digital version, dunno what I'm missing out on by not buying the other more expensive versions yet, but I figure if I dig the game I'll buy the expansion when I need it.

I'll try to make a character on Ultros if it lets me, I saw that the server currently doesn't let you make new characters on it or something. Not that it matters yet, still downloading the game.
Character creation is limited on servers by current load, so during off-peak hours you'd likely be able to create a character.

I'm so so so sick of Sephirot EX. Like.... so fed up. People from my linkshells attempting to help me left and right but the randoms always ruin it. I set ilevel to 215 and get liars that still don't know the fight. I don't know what is so hard about this fight to comprehend, honestly. It is a very VERY basic fight and people die to earthshakers clipping, not getting a tower, etc. I think this is where I finally don't give a single fuck about clearing this fight anymore. It is just not worth it. Maybe one day where annoyances are less frequent, I can finally clear this fight. It can be tomorrow or hell it can be in 3 weeks. I just don't know anymore. What I do know is that it is an easy fight. I have it all down but one little screw up leads to quitters or worse... people that send you tells saying they are sorry for sucking. Why are you even in my party?

Hell, just bring on FFXV..... I think I'm so done with XIV in the future. I'll never look at this game as something fun again for a long time. I play it....... now just because ....I don't even know. I am a secret masochist who loves glowy weapons. I guess that's my story.

Apoptomon

Announcing ChocoGo: The Chocobo-based Ridesharing App!
We’re pleased to announce “ChocoGo,” our brand-new ridesharing initiative built entirely around chocobos! Leveraging advances in genetics, animal husbandry, and technology ChocoGo will disrupt the ridesharing space as the only sustainable environmentally friendly transportation option. Using the ChocoGo app, you can select your steed’s color, type, and destination in a few simple taps.

...riiiight

tgl3

Neo Member
Showing how totally original and hilarious we are, I fantasia'd my max-height femroe to a min-height lalafell this morning, and our token Lalafell FC member did the opposite to a male roe.

FC chat was mostly just /panic. We're playing it completely straight and noones cottoned on yet (or indicated that they have, at least)

I don't actually know if I can keep this up for the full day. Being a lalafell is horrible. People keep petting me and calling me adorable.

Old - http://i.imgur.com/jVTBQrN.png
Current - http://i.imgur.com/MF9llzH.jpg

Top Bottom