• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Valor

This is what happens when we catch Galen on the XV Uncovered event stream.
a1479ff940.png

*Galen intensifies*

I assume this isint perm so it doesn't really matter, atleast you chose correctly

We'll see!

aka_bueno

Yo is there any way to disable private whispers or something on PS4? I've been getting bombarded by gold farmers spammers or something ever since like level 5 and it's annoying. Im blocking each one, but more keep popping up.

Btw I did end up making my dude on Ultros sever or whatever the GAF one is, saw someone running around with a GAF tag ha.

Squishy3

Yo is there any way to disable private whispers or something on PS4? I've been getting bombarded by gold farmers spammers or something ever since like level 5 and it's annoying. Im blocking each one, but more keep popping up.

Btw I did end up making my dude on Ultros sever or whatever the GAF one is, saw someone running around with a GAF tag ha.
/busy will block any of that stuff. Tells, party invites, trade requests, etc.

Pachimari

By installing Discord and using the invite that should be in the Free Company message

You got a Discord up and running? Last time I asked around I were told you didn't have a Discord, and that you used Mumble instead, which is why I just set up Mumble but if you're using Discord instead, that'll be even better.

Guess I'll have to join the Free Company before I'm allowed access?

Squishy3

You got a Discord up and running? Last time I asked around I were told you didn't have a Discord, and that you used Mumble instead, which is why I just set up Mumble but if you're using Discord instead, that'll be even better.

Guess I'll have to join the Free Company before I'm allowed access?
Yeah, I'm not in there, I just know they switched to Discord not long ago. And it's in the FC message, so yeah, would need to join to get access AFAIK.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I saw the light in the MMO tunnel when I decided to switch from DPS to Tank. FF14 class switching just made that decision easier to make. Not having to roll a completely new character to try a new class is the best thing about this game.

Pachimari

Pretty much every other job has combos.

I just like getting in close. It's a refresher after having had two archer characters.

Btw, I need help. I went to the Guildwork site for our Free Company, and clicked the "Application form" but it says I do not have access to that site. Can anyone help me out?

dramatis

I just like getting in close. It's a refresher after having had two archer characters.

Btw, I need help. I went to the Guildwork site for our Free Company, and clicked the "Application form" but it says I do not have access to that site. Can anyone help me out?
Guildwork itself is a platform. You make a Guildwork account then you click on application form while logged in to Guildwork.

dramatis

I click "recruitment > application" on GAF's guildwork. But it gives me this message: "You do not have permission to view this page."
I'm saying

guildwork.com itself is a platform.

neogaf.guildwork.com uses that platform.

Therefore, you need to make a guildwork account first. You can do that by clicking the "Register" at the far end of the navigation bar, or just go here.

After you have an account and are logged in, you can go to Recruitment and apply.

A Guildwork account makes it so that you can use that account for any other game communities that use Guildwork, that is why it is an upper level affair. Ultros GAF is one of many communities using Guildwork.

Pachimari

I'm saying

guildwork.com itself is a platform.

neogaf.guildwork.com uses that platform.

Therefore, you need to make a guildwork account first. You can do that by clicking the "Register" at the far end of the navigation bar, or just go here.

After you have an account and are logged in, you can go to Recruitment and apply.

A Guildwork account makes it so that you can use that account for any other game communities that use Guildwork, that is why it is an upper level affair. Ultros GAF is one of many communities using Guildwork.

What I'm saying is, that I am already logged in. I know guildwork itself is the platform (and that there are many communities, where GAF is one), but even when I am logged in and go to the recruitment page, it says I don't have permission.

dramatis

What I'm saying is, that I am already logged in. I know guildwork itself is the platform (and that there are many communities, where GAF is one), but even when I am logged in and go to the recruitment page, it says I don't have permission.
You're already registered then, I don't know why you're trying to apply again?

List your character name or the name you're using with your Guildwork account.

Pachimari

You're already registered then, I don't know why you're trying to apply again?

List your character name or the name you're using with your Guildwork account.
Hmm right, maybe that's why. I thought I had to apply because I made a new character but of course it's account based now that I think about it.

Character name: Phanda Zeek

dramatis

Hmm right, maybe that's why. I thought I had to apply because I made a new character but of course it's account based now that I think about it.

Character name: Phanda Zeek
What's your previous character's name?

What is the name you used to apply on Guildwork before?

Pachimari

What's your previous character's name?

What is the name you used to apply on Guildwork before?

Here's the characters I have had:

Cristiquo_Marialtha
Terrence Monroe
Phanda Zeek (my current one)

How can I see on my profile if I'm a member? I probably am, but it would be handy if I could see it somewhere.

Pachimari

I got a spell named Flash, and it "increases enmity in all nearby enemies" - what does that exactly mean?

Also, what am I supposed to do with all of these shards, that I can have up to 99,999 of? Are they important?

iammeiam

I got a spell named Flash, and it "increases enmity in all nearby enemies" - what does that exactly mean?

It doesn't do damage, but it makes monsters around you hate you a little more. Mobs attack whoever has the most enmity, and since a Gladiator is a tank job in dungeons your goal will be to make everything hate you the most so it's attacking you and not the rest of the party. Doing damage builds enmity, but Flash will let you put enmity on everything around you at once instead of having to cycle through targets and hit them one at a time. When you're in a party, you can tell which mobs you have hate on (and will be attacking you) using the enmity gauges in the party list and the color of the icons next to monster names in your threat list (green = they don't hate you, read = they're punching you, yellow or orange = you're somewhere in between; a tank wants to always have red on everything.)

If you haven't yet, once you're 15 on Gladiator look into the Hall of the Novice as it will try to explain/teach some basic tanking concepts.

Shards are for crafting. If you don't plan to craft you can sell them on the market board later.

Pachimari

Oh, I'm only lvl 8 at the moment, and I do plan to craft in the future. Thanks, that was a very great explanation of enmity! Very useful. :)

Zomba13

I saw the light in the MMO tunnel when I decided to switch from DPS to Tank. FF14 class switching just made that decision easier to make. Not having to roll a completely new character to try a new class is the best thing about this game.

Easily my favourite part of FF MMOs. Want to try a completely different way of playing? Talk to a moogle in XI or just put a different weapon in your hand (after talking to the guild person).

The you have all your gold and gear and currency which makes it easier to deck out a new class and get going rather than having to go through tutorial junk/starter quests again or mail yourself a bunch of money. Plus you keep access to mounts and other systems.

Squishy3

So our pc has no backstory right? Cause I did a side quest and a npc mentioned a character familiar to mine and assumed I might've been their kid.
Basically the way it works:

If your character was imported from FFXIV 1.0 (the game that got destroyed by Bahamut) they refer to you as the player character from then, as I understand it.

If your character is brand new, NPCs say you remind them of the 1.0 player character.

Pachimari

Grew to lvl 8 today. I'm taking it nice and probably slow. I can't remember which level I need to be on to join a free company, I think it's lvl 10?

dramatis

Here's the characters I have had:

Cristiquo_Marialtha
Terrence Monroe
Phanda Zeek (my current one)

How can I see on my profile if I'm a member? I probably am, but it would be handy if I could see it somewhere.
It says right here in the Sites in your profile that you're a member of GAF.

Just use the in-game app and someone will let you in.

the ffxiv team seems to have a lot of knee jerk reactions but this is my favorite so far

Feeding in the Feast for Esos

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...g-in-the-Feast-for-Esos?p=3645007#post3645007

Greetings,

We are aware that there are users engaging in this kind of behavior and we will be taking action against those found to be taking part in it. If you encounter this type of activity, we ask that you please report it via the in-game Support Desk (System > Support Desk > Report Harassment). Please include as much information as possible in your report.

While we cannot release individual results regarding the investigations we conduct, you can rest assured that we take this seriously and will be carefully looking into each report we receive.

2439d06b907023b2a6cd8ef646d57055.png

dude on reddit getting banned for eso farming
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/4cx7iv/dont_feed_on_the_feast_its_bannable/

So the other day i did a little farming on the feast by getting together a feeding team. However i have just been pulled out of the game and into prison with a GM

68f9f48de776de2ce2b4899be4527899.png

few of my friends wernt so lucky and got temp bans

3a54e4e0f5a6222cd3b9f79a7d044797.png

Omni

So many AFK hours over the last few days trying to level my retainer up.

Hit 50 this morning. Gonna run out of ventures soon enough

Top Bottom