• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Chille

Everyone calls it poverty/welfare weapons because they're I level x weapons you can acquire without raiding

It's as if it somehow invalidates the effort and Poop socks that went into getting raid weapons

welfare weapon or not, I make it look good

CfXEUsVWQAAqRCP.jpg

iammeiam

Everyone calls it poverty/welfare weapons because they're I level x weapons you can acquire without raiding

It's as if it somehow invalidates the effort and Poop socks that went into getting raid weapons

I just like needling the people who used to posture about how REAL GEAR should be for REAL RAIDERS

and now we're all standing in the same breadline for handouts.

Squishy3

So, gathering in Diadem appears to be quite lucrative. Did an hour of gathering with my FC yesterday and, if the shit I put on the market board actually sells, I should be getting around 1.5 million just from the botanist mats I got. Is this actually a decent way to get money or does it take a while to sell those items? (Cloud Cotton Boll and Royal Mistletoe)
The HQ mats from there will eventually sell because they make the relic tokens needed easier to craft.

Is there any fast ways to level alts 50-60 yet? I'm trying to get all the healers\dps\tanks to 60 and this is a major roadblock. So far I find dungeons to be the best exp but even my healers with instant queues are taking forever =\

Squishy3

Is there any fast ways to level alts 50-60 yet? I'm trying to get all the healers\dps\tanks to 60 and this is a major roadblock. So far I find dungeons to be the best exp but even my healers with instant queues are taking forever =\
Doing Vath and Vanu beast tribes are a good chunk of EXP.

Valor

Dungeons are really good and roulettes on even levels. Max level Vanu/Gnath tribe quests give a lot too.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
they should take out the main scenario DR and put those free 120 poetics into something else more fun.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
been a long time since i played, but i just resubbed and i'm looking to get back into it

i asked to be removed from the Ultros guild but i was hoping i could rejoin

i'm Hanuman Swiftwind in-game

thanks!!

Lime

I've been playing the free trial up til lvl 20 now but still have a week left. Is there anything more that I can do? I'm really digging the world, art, and music.

Also, I have a Steam copy of ARR that I can use to activate my 30 days of time. But I've heard some bad things about using a Steam account - what's so bad about it except for being tied to having to buy Heavensward via the Steam Store?

Ken

I've been playing the free trial up til lvl 20 now but still have a week left. Is there anything more that I can do? I'm really digging the world, art, and music.

Also, I have a Steam copy of ARR that I can use to activate my 30 days of time. But I've heard some bad things about using a Steam account - what's so bad about it except for being tied to having to buy Heavensward via the Steam Store?

That's about it I think.

Are you capped at level 20 in the trial? Maybe level another job or discipline to 20 too?

Squishy3

The big thing is mainly that you're tied to the Steam store. There's countless sales on HW via other digital distribution methods. (You could buy HW for $20 multiple times before it even got the same deal on Steam) So if you aren't one of the people picking up an expansion at launch, or elt your sub lapse and can't afford the expansion+resubbing at the same time, you'd be at the mercy of whenever it goes on sale on Steam, which wasn't until around 9 months until after the launch with many sales occurring before that.

It's not a bad version if you keep up on it, but if you're not buying the expansions as they come out you'll be waiting forever for them to go on sale. (or will bite the bullet and then they'll go on sale right after you do.)

20 lvl LNC and 17 lvl MRD. Planning on doing a dragoon and mostly play by myself + duty finder.

Crafting jobs are completely useless, right? That's the impression I get from Google searches about it.
The amount of effort you need to put into crafting makes it useless for a lot of people. It becomes a huge gil/timesink.

Lime

That's about it I think.

Are you capped at level 20 in the trial? Maybe level another job or discipline to 20 too?

20 lvl LNC and 17 lvl MRD. Planning on doing a dragoon and mostly play by myself + duty finder.

Crafting jobs are completely useless, right? That's the impression I get from Google searches about it.

Valor

Not really. Crafting classes let you repair your own gear and make your own stuff. They can be useful.

Lime

Thanks everybody for the answers. Really appreciated. One final one: What's the best way to get armors as a lancer? Class quests? Dungeons?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Thanks everybody for the answers. Really appreciated. One final one: What's the best way to get armors as a lancer? Class quests? Dungeons?

Pretty much this along with story quests. Quests will give you armors, but a lot of your armor should be coming from dungeons as you level up (do your daily leveling dungeon roulette). While I would recommend taking the allagan pieces from quest rewards (they add up by the time you hit the cap), don't neglect your gear either, weapons especially.

Jaeyden

Depends on what you put into it. I set a goal to get GrandMaster of the Hand/Land 5 months ago. It took me about three months to get it. I rarely payed for anything. I've made enough on my venture, to buy a personal house and an FC house, build two airships and deck out my crafters/gatherers in HQ i170 and cover the cost of millions of gil worth of melds. I make gil hand over fist, I would estimate about 60-70 million since I started crafting. Personally, I would hardly say they are useless, but to each his own I guess.

Reszo

That's what I though until I leveled weaver and culinarian. Made all my own food, and repaired all my own weaver specific gear to double the durability. So I went and leveled the other crafting classes, and now I'm repairing everything, and have a constant flow on gil coming in from selling stuff I make, recently I've been making a lot of money from the Grade 2 Blank Ochestrion Rolls and HQ'ing easy crafting materials and selling them in bulk. (Also from selling Eikon mats you get from esoterics lol)

rubius01

Allrighty, we are back on the search, this time for a DPS for our casual
largely
lala static. We meet at 9:30 to 11:00PM EST Sun/Tues/Thurs. PM me or contact the lala mafia if you want to join.

Valor

Now that I can actually see things again, I noticed what Kagari mentioned to me in game on Tuesday. That Levi rifle actually has a custom reload animation with the gun itself. Pretty neat.

Omni

Seeing people decked out in i240 gear is making me wanna join a static and do Savage.

Even if gearing that much is completely pointless outside of Savage. Haha. Probably too late to join any decent kind of group now though. Might try if I'm still subbed next tier. There's only so many times I can farm Seph Ex and be content.

aceface

Seeing people decked out in i240 gear is making me wanna join a static and do Savage.

Even if gearing that much is completely pointless outside of Savage. Haha. Probably too late to join any decent kind of group now though. Might try if I'm still subbed next tier. There's only so many times I can farm Seph Ex and be content.

As you can see two posts above yours, no, it's not too late. There are always groups recruiting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Man, all of the Lore Weapons are mediocre looking AF except for the Hellfire Claws it's like that was the first one they made and then they had to meet the deadline so they said fuck it.

ThinFinn

Finally done with editing. \o/

I made one with anime intros but those were apparently in violation of copyright claims and was made unavailable. :(

As frustrating as the encounter was, I'd say I actually enjoyed most of the progression and rank it way above A5S.

Now onward to Neko Land. Am I right to assume I don't handle any of the cages/preys as a bard?

Joined a sephirot EX farm yesterday with my friend and we got him down to 1 percent. We wiped at 1 percent and half the party was kicked for no reason. I think the party even said two strikes and out. I guess people aren't very lenient with Seph ex farm parties. It didn't help that the guy that made the party was rude as hell. :O

studyguy

PLD Lore weapons are fucking hideous. We get nothing but hideous weapons this entire patch. Gaudy relic effects, ugly lore weapons, ack.
Everything always looks way oversized for a PLD blade.

ebil

PLD Lore weapons are fucking hideous. We get nothing but hideous weapons this entire patch. Gaudy relic effects, ugly lore weapons, ack.
Everything always looks way oversized for a PLD blade.
Let me introduce you to the humongous things they call "daggers" in this game.

OK, they're technically err... "Blades", I guess

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Joined a sephirot EX farm yesterday with my friend and we got him down to 1 percent. We wiped at 1 percent and half the party was kicked for no reason. I think the party even said two strikes and out. I guess people aren't very lenient with Seph ex farm parties. It didn't help that the guy that made the party was rude as hell. :O
Yeah some people are just tight asses.
Let me introduce you to the humongous things they call "daggers" in this game.
The air knives are appropriately sized and classic:

7ibrXAq.png

Top Bottom