• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Got my 210 relic today and for cheap at that. Very happy as I feel one of my goals on the game has been reached. Hyperconductive isn't bad either for grinding just more boredom. On the other hand I don't need to touch those damn boring beast tribes until reset for lore. Oh and one word for Seph ex farm parties: HORRIBLE. I ended up getting the hailstorm weapon for blm as my lore since I'll get hyperconductive deneb on my ast.

Omni

52 Seph extreme clears.

I've seen the bird twice. Game hates me. Might be better off going for Ravana or Bismarck, but eh. I like the Seph bird. Thordan's would be cool too, though I don't know anyone decent farming that any more and a lot of people still struggle with mechanics.

Raijinken

Getting promoted to silver rank twice and then getting demoted twice in the feast is just annoying. I noticed the pool of players queuing for The Feast during prime time are nothing but people that have no idea what they're doing.

You have your teams that one on one opponents, that one special teammate that is running around like they're lost and just doing their own thing, DPS that run away from their healer and in the direction of the enemy spawn point, DPS that are just plain terrible at their job and can't kill a single person with a healer that is slept for 25 seconds, and that one tank or DPS that go for a slept target just to hit them and then target someone else. The list just goes on.

I need to just stop going in there during prime time because the chances of some imbecile screwing me over are just too high.

Yes, I'm extremely salty. Get the hell out of my queue if you're doing this for lore and esoterics.

Ken

It's not any better off-hours. Probably worse since the pool is smaller so you have a higher chance of getting the same bad people over and over. Best thing to do is if you see someone super bad to switch to their role so you can't get them on your team.

demonkaze

So I want to get a PS4 copy of this game and I already own the PC versions of the original and the expansion. Can I just get a serial code or something, my brother has the ps4 version that I can use to download it on.

Alternatively wheres the cheapest to get it digitally, £40+ on the PSN is too much.

Vashetti

Banned
Finished stage 2 of my Anima weapon the other day :D

Cfm-GLFW8AAGZDK.jpg:orig

Robin64

Is there an addon or anything to stop this spam? It's probably worse than any MMO I've played. And I've played a lot!

iGeodude

Is there an addon or anything to stop this spam? It's probably worse than any MMO I've played. And I've played a lot!

The easiest way I can think of to block the spam is to type /busy in the message box. When you do that no one can send you tells and other requests.

I just completely turned off whispers. It sucks for when someone might actually be trying to talk to you in private but oh well.

There is an app from Guildwork that allows you to setup custom chat filtering. I think people have had some success with that but it is technically against the TOS. I don't think there any cases of anyone being punished for using it though.

Thorgal

the difference between EU and NA servers must be staggering .

Haven't seen a single RMT chat spam for months and i can count the amount i did have on one hand .

Redx508

if your on pc you can use http://guildwork.com/client and for the Chat filter in the settings tab you can use this http://pastebin.com/FjEMrYFS

Is Guildworks Legal to use ?

https://guildwork.zendesk.com/hc/en...Client-allowed-by-the-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-EULA-

no one has been ban for using the client that i know of just don't talk about it.
Just like ACT

BadRNG

The extra WD is cool and all but I'm pretty sure we cleared because me and Rin got all that extra parry. Robots can't handle parry. I think we'd have gotten A8S by now if all weapons for all jobs had parry.

You guys like your junky HA replicas too much. Worst weapon designs across the board.
Boo, boo this man. The DRK weapon looks great, and I wish there were more slender blades like it available instead of giant claymores or just weird brick looking things. HA, Balmung, Kumokirimaru etc. are all great. I go back to to Kumokirimaru every now and then, probably best looking DRK weapon period thus far.
plus fuck spiders

I think Rin is just copying my fashion sense though, I was gold man last tier and after I've had the HA weapon for a bit he suddenly shows up with it! Conspiracy!

Valor

Boo, boo this man. The DRK weapon looks great, and I wish there were more slender blades like it available instead of giant claymores or just weird brick looking things. HA, Balmung, Kumokirimaru etc. are all great. I go back to to Kumokirimaru every now and then, probably best looking DRK weapon period thus far.
I am not a huge fan of the scimitar style blade I suppose. My favorite DRK swords are the Lockheart from Haukke Manor, Hive Claymore, and probably the Dainslaif. I guess I just want to live out my Cloud fantasies.

My keyblades though.
No.

demonkaze

So my nephew has just started playing this game for the first time and we're only looking at him doing whats necessary to unlock things and the main scenario + class quests. Is there a site somewhere that lists what to unlock by Level?

iammeiam

Back off, that's my kopie D:

Also when does Krael get to choose the music for your clear videos again? Angary's musical taste is lacking.

Krael does the real ones which frees me up to do whatever the hell I want on the side.

So his should be up soon.

I also spent that entire fight with Kanye West's Stronger stuck in my head, but I'm pretty sure his label does takedown claims so.

iammeiam

How can I teach something I don't know. :(

This is the best response you could give. He's just trying to lure you back into the dungeon.

What are y'all channels? :O

Krael posts the clear vids on here.

I post random garbage with bad soundtracks here.

Grats on beating the combaticons, where's superion though

Is he in Dark Souls? Because we cancelled our next raid day because Dark Souls is more important. So if he's in there, we'll find him.

Maybe when they drop PS3 support from this game they can do a graphics and animations overhaul.

I doubt it, I don't think there's much (if any) demand for it.

If/When they do end up dropping PS3 support I'm not really sure what kinds of changes they would make. I would assume that it would only affect new areas like in an expansion or something.

Robin64

Killed Ravana today as part of the main questline. That was a pretty fun fight. Also that guy is new to XIV, right? Wonder if he'll now show up in other FFs.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The only graphical update i would want is higher res textures for hair .

Higher resolution textures/better texture scaling would be better so some of the armor textures didn't look all pixely on larger races.

Robin64

Gotta love Joye, she has a way with words. And yeah, speaking of textures, have to say that that shot, whilst cool, was not the best idea. Ouch.

CfmGPULWwAAbcpF.jpg:large

Top Bottom