• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

ebil

Yeah some people are just tight asses.

The air knives are appropriately sized and classic:

7ibrXAq.png
Yeah, I usually glamour these, the Warwolf Daggers or the Misericordes. Everything else feels way too big for my tastes.

studyguy

Let me introduce you to the humongous things they call "daggers" in this game.

OK, they're technically err... "Blades", I guess

The Sephirot NIN blades are larger than literally every GLD/PLD blade I carried in 1.0 and like 90% of what I had in 2.0

Ken

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...Mode-Discussion-Thread.?p=3653892#post3653892

Black Mage
Sleep
Duration: 15s → 12s (PvP only)

White Mage
Repose
Duration: 15s → 8s
Duration halved with successive uses (8s → 4s → 2s)

Machinist
Between the Eyes
Potency: 150 → 120 (Enhanced Between the Eyes II: 180 → 150)
As touched upon in the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVIII, we determined that Machinist burst damage was a bit high.

DIE

Summoner / Scholar
Aetherflow
Effect can no longer be removed by enemy attacks (*Edited to clarify at 10:42 a.m.)
We received a tremendous amount of feedback from players regarding this very issue. After careful consideration, we decided that it was unacceptable that players could prevent the usage of an ability required for so many job actions.

babby pvp

studyguy

Fantastic patches. No time to sleep here, gotta grease up and get ready because here comes the stun pain train.
So basically purify the first because the rest are babby tier naps

Dark Arts
Recast Time: 5s → 3s (PvP and PvE)

Fuck MP

Leunam

PLD Lore weapons are fucking hideous. We get nothing but hideous weapons this entire patch. Gaudy relic effects, ugly lore weapons, ack.
Everything always looks way oversized for a PLD blade.

Hauteclaire looks about right. Good size I think. Don't care for the Lore weapon but that's OK because I intend to get the relic anyway.

What is the path I should take to a end game bard?

archer to 30
pugilist to 15
bard 30 to 50?
Brd to 60
Lnc/Drg to 34 so you can get Invigorate (absolutely necessary for most endgame bosses) and Blood for Blood (you can leave that for later but you'll need to get it eventually)
Pug/Mnk to 48ish to get Mantra (not really necessary but good to have either way)

That's all you need

Finally cleared Seph ex after struggling with it for weeks. Friend helped me out and it was glorious. I didn't die once and we tried to farm it after and wind killed us at 1 percent. Fight is so easy when people dont bitch and moan and instead concentrate. Now I'll get my relic done and farm seph ex for the bird since I like it best.

Tiops

After expending more gil than I wanted to, finally got my crafting gear to 2-star thresholds, without using any Red Scrip gear (i.e. pentamelding everything except tools and chest).

Yesterday I probably spent 2 million just on the last 4 or 5 overmelds. Fuck you 7% chance, really. The Materias I needed were cheap, but I think I bought every Crafting II that was available in the MB at the moment. 30 failed melds in a row is not fun. I know 3.3 is coming with upgrades to crafting, but I really hope everything I did until now wasn't meaningless. But I do hope they give us a better way to get IV crafting Materia, Control IV is too expensive.

Now I need to find decent ways of getting money to compensate the effort.

Atolm

My static managed to see almost one full rotation of A6S last boss, I think the down is near.

We've been two weeks on A6S and I'm so tired of it. Can't believe people spent 3 or 4 months on A3S. I would go insane if I had to do that.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
"We think the burst damage of Machinist is too high"
But that's the whole point of playing Machinist
Somebody take the steering wheel away from Yoshi

iammeiam

They're going to add some number of some kind of reward to ranked Light Party Feast

We've been checking various aspects on the Feast, such as matchmaking and the number of players participating, and based on this data the team has held a discussion on rewards. Since there have been many requests, especially from North America and Europe, we have decided to prepare ranked rewards for Season 1 of the Feast (4 on 4 - Light Party).

As the end of Season 1 approaches, we will follow-up with details on how many top tier players will be receiving rewards and what kind of rewards will be available. We hope that with these new rewards will serve as competitive motivation to participate in the Feast as a light party as well as solo!

Nothing motivates like completely unknown prizes rewarded to an unspecified number of people, right?

Ken

"We think the burst damage of Machinist is too high"
But that's the whole point of playing Machinist
Somebody take the steering wheel away from Yoshi

MCH burst is already high enough for a ranged DPS with their other tools, and being able to delete anyone effortlessly like MCHs have been doing was dumb, especially in 4v4. BttE was pretty much an execute at too high an HP%.

Squishy3

Just anything for getting crap from certain monster. Getting crap from those diremites sucks.
You can send Disciples of War/Magic retainers out to get specific monster drops. Takes an hour. But if you've been ignoring that you'd need to level them up and gear them.

Levito

Banned
Has anyone here ever encountered a problem where VOIP programs like Teamspeak or Discord cut your microphone when you start XIV? This keeps happening to me and I don't know why, I remedied it by just starting the VOIP programs *after* launching XIV--but still any ideas what's happening here?

Top Bottom