• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Jayhawk

I bet the accusers and the GM watching BLMs forgot Aetherial Manipulation existed. Watch out for those hack accusations from Shukuchi, Shoulder Tackle, and jump usage! Please hack Feast so that these random BLMs in Feast actually have buffs up sometimes, mostly Astral Fire. Stop Scathing!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I bet the accusers and the GM watching BLMs forgot Aetherial Manipulation existed. Watch out for those hack accusations from Shukuchi, Shoulder Tackle, and jump usage! Please hack Feast so that these random BLMs in Feast actually have buffs up sometimes, mostly Astral Fire. Stop Scathing!
I think most BLMs still forget Aetherial Manipulation exists so it's understandable that everyone else would too.

Sorian

Banned
I think most BLMs still forget Aetherial Manipulation exists so it's understandable that everyone else would too.

No way, I love teleporting. I have it set up as mouseover and bound to the click button on my mouse wheel. Ain't got time to run like a normal shitter when sprint is down.

Square Enix really needs to put better restrictions on the blacklist, honestly. They should at least notify you that someone on your blacklist is in that party. *Sigh* just ridiculous.

iammeiam

JLuckyBancho has new census data out. linking to Reddit as they link the JP original and an English Google Doc copy.

Data appears to have been scraped bewteen 3/30 and 4/20. With the way A8S and A4S minion/mount work, the numbers aren't fully representative of who actually cleared what (1 mount or minion per clear means 8 clears before all 8 people in a group get counted.) The A8S numbers are therefor totally useless. The A4S numbers paint a hilariously grim picture--Chocobo is the only server with more than a thousand A4S mounts and seem to be far above average with A4S mounts representing 10.8% of the active character count.

Ultros has 113 counted, for about .8%. Zalera and Mateus only appear to have 3 each, for like .05% (since it takes 8 people to clear we can be optimistic and bum those to .1% for actual clears.) These numbers are over a month after echo was added and lockout removed. Man I hope he missed a ton of people.

Omni

Not even worth it.

Solo healed Seph ex last night on WHM. Well, I only got to 25%. But mechanics wise, I think I'm good. My only mistake was lettting people who hadn't cleared before join. DPS was bad (I've seen the fight progress faster with just four DPS) and people were messing up tethers and Da'aTs, screwing over my ability to keep everyone alive there.

Gonna try again during the week. Fun little challenge.

Valor

Damn, really?

That puts my mind at ease for when the list is totally full though, I'll just delete from the top down.

Yeah it's actually kind of a waste of time and probably better to just /busy if the gil tells get to be a bit overbearing, as shitty as it sounds.

Redx508

Not even worth it

giphy.gif

Jayhawk

The great Teleport Buff war has been raging for months now. You are behind the times!

The FC I am in rarely has Reduced Rates up. We end up having votes for FC buffs, but my votes for buffs involving "Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump", "whatever makes me not screw up mechanics", and "how to properly play Ninja like the 90+ fflogs percentile" get ignored. RIP

Valor

Oh, so the bonus is 100 & 100. How do you see the normal amount of tomestones you'll get?

That's dependent on the content you run. Different level 50 dungeons give different poetic rewards, same for the tier of level 60 dungeon you run I believe. You'll get whatever you would get for running that dungeon + the bonus.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, so the bonus is 100 & 100. How do you see the normal amount of tomestones you'll get?

Each dungeon has a different amount. If you go to each dungeon's entry, it'll say what the tome rewards are. The actual roulette is only worth doing once a day, if you want to grind past that, just queue for something that you think is worth it in time vs. reward.

That's dependent on the content you run. Different level 50 dungeons give different poetic rewards, same for the tier of level 60 dungeon you run I believe. You'll get whatever you would get for running that dungeon + the bonus.

Each dungeon has a different amount. If you go to each dungeon's entry, it'll say what the tome rewards are. The actual roulette is only worth doing once a day, if you want to grind past that, just queue for something that you think is worth it in time vs. reward.
So does this apply to expert roulette too?

Cause if so I've been grind expert for lore:/

Jayhawk

Currently players can still add Materia to equipment with the required slots, to adjust the less important stats on equipment that has been added in patch 3.2. For less hardcore players this is still too much of a chore however, so we're going to try to make this process easier.

Guaranteed materia melds are too hard. Pack it up.

Atolm

Well with my relic done and my raid off I'm back to have nothing to do aside from collecting the Gil from the stuff I sell & crafting new one.

3.3 will bring new housing wards and I'll buy a mansion then, hopefully that will keep me entertained.

I also still need to farm the 4th ship for my fc...

BadRNG

Guaranteed materia melds are too hard. Pack it up.
My favorite part of that quote is the implication that they know some stats are just not good, and instead of making them good or removing them from certain class gear, the solution is just to make the gear piece slightly less bad via materia.

I'm not actually entirely opposed to basic stats rather than + ability kind of things, but at least make the basic stats good. There's not much in way of choice, nearly every job has one good gear piece and one bad gear piece for each slot every tier.

There is a god. Random, last minute PF stating 0 exp required. 20 mins before reset. Blaster slain. 9 stacks, 5 sets of mines, and so many moments I thought we were going to go so long we'd hit enrage on the first robot. But we did it Reddit.

lol, Blaster was no match for my fists of fury >_>

So I need materia advice. Gonna try to get my monk to join a static and want to know how to allocate the materia slots for my current gear (all 220 midan / 230 lore gear except for latest relic monk weapon). All 16 slots are empty

Here are all the important stats:

Accuracy: 717
Critical Hit Rate: 765
Determination: 619
Skill Speed: 528

Got enough Mhachi matter to get nine grade V materia. And I do have some grade IV materia stored (crit, det, sk speed) with my retainers. I know I should definitely increase my DET (and possibly my CRIT), but I do have concern about my current skill speed.

Any ideas?

lol, Blaster was no match for my fists of fury >_>

So I need materia advice. Gonna try to get my monk to join a static and want to know how to allocate the materia slots for my current gear (all 220 midan / 230 lore gear except for latest relic monk weapon). All 16 slots are empty

Here are all the important stats:

Accuracy: 717
Critical Hit Rate: 765
Determination: 619
Skill Speed: 528

Got enough Mhachi matter to get nine grade V materia. And I do have some grade IV materia stored (crit, det, sk speed) with my retainers. I know I should definitely increase my DET (and possibly my CRIT), but I do have concern about my current skill speed.

Any ideas?
From what I've read, skill speed won't really make much of a difference until you get to 700ish or 1000ish since that's where your skill orders start to change and you're already capped on accuracy so just go for crit and det as your caps allow it.

As an aside: I think Level 60 roulette gives more lore than just doing an expert dungeon without the expert roulette bonus.
Level 60 roullete dungeons give 10-20 lore plus the 15 daily bonus, Antitower and Lost City HM give 40 lore each without the bonus

Squishy3

As an aside: I think Level 60 roulette gives more lore than just doing an expert dungeon without the expert roulette bonus.
Level 60 gives 35 maximum with the daily bonus (assuming you get Pharos Sirius or Saint Mocianne's) but only 25 if you get Aetherochemical, Fractal or Neverreap.

Top Bottom