• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Ken

from reddit

fZvP2TU.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/4gkeh0/everything_i_hate_about_the_feast_summed_up_in/

Jayhawk

I like how the top 2 ranked in primal are melee DPS. Most attitudes in feast aren't that bad. Most games end up being close and timing out. It usually ends up being who can properly close out in the last minute with who gets buffs and LB usage.

The rare appearance of a sour attitude in a feast match is more bearable than having to run a lengthy EX DR, Void Ark, or similar content to witness the skill level of the general populace.

ThinFinn

That's awesome. I'm assuming that's your character
It is!

That's cool. I may have to get one myself. What is his turn around time?
It only took him a day to produce the piece, though he did say you might have to wait for a month if you choose to request a more elaborate illustration as he has a queue to clear.

Also just noticed that Emma's picture doesn't have a fluffy tail. Rip.
That might be my fault as the screens I sent him as reference were mostly front-on portraits where my tail was not in view.

With that said, I noticed that his other Mi'qote commissions were also drawn without tails so it might be a creative decision to leave them out.

Man... Leveling additional classes/jobs outside your first is a real drag in this game. Even on your primary going through the story there's just so much Fate farming or Levequests that need to be done to make any sort of substantial progress. I mean you can queue for quick dungeons as a tank, but running the same one repeatedly gets old quick. Not sure why they made leveling so slow when there's not really a good reason for it. If there was interesting story side quests or other narrative driven content I would understand... but this is tough to stomach. Any suggestions to help speed this up? I've kind of just been playing around with all the classes trying to figure out what I want to play and it's killing me.

Ken

Man... Leveling additional classes/jobs outside your first is a real drag in this game. Even on your primary going through the story there's just so much Fate farming or Levequests that need to be done to make any sort of substantial progress. I mean you can queue for quick dungeons as a tank, but running the same one repeatedly gets old quick. Not sure why they made leveling so slow when there's not really a good reason for it. If there was interesting story side quests or other narrative driven content I would understand... but this is tough to stomach. Any suggestions to help speed this up? I've kind of just been playing around with all the classes trying to figure out what I want to play and it's killing me.

I always found leveling extra classes faster but more repetitive, since I just stick to spamming easy dungeons and easy leves for the armory bonus. I take breaks to refill rest experience and then just run leveling roulette during those periods.

Stick with one class and take it to the end.

The only time I'd recommend changing classes is when a new expansion hits and you can take your new one through the MSQ which going by HW's precedent will give you a ton of EXP.

Leveling anything after your first class is naturally a chore unless you really really really like playing it over your old main class.

Don't be like me and have multiple level 50 somethings if you value your time.

The armory system is a blessing and a curse since it allows you to try anything very easily but the paradox of choice is more noticeable in this game compared to others that handle classes the traditional way.

Stick with one class and take it to the end.

The only time I'd recommend changing classes is when a new expansion hits and you can take your new one through the MSQ which going by HW's precedent will give you a ton of EXP.

Leveling anything after your first class is naturally a chore unless you really really really like playing it over your old main class.

Don't be like me and have multiple level 50 somethings if you value your time.

The armory system is a blessing and a curse since it allows you to try anything very easily but the paradox of choice is more noticeable in this game compared to others that handle classes the traditional way.

I plan to have a Tank and DPS. I'm just messing around with my DPS options to see what I enjoy playing. But until you hit 30 you can't really get a feel for them. So it's sloooow.

Also I hear it's impossible to get housing on my server. What is it's purpose? Will it matter if my main goal is to do end game Raid content?

BadRNG

I plan to have a Tank and DPS. I'm just messing around with my DPS options to see what I enjoy playing. But until you hit 30 you can't really get a feel for them. So it's sloooow.

Also I hear it's impossible to get housing on my server. What is it's purpose? Will it matter if my main goal is to do end game Raid content?
You really shouldn't need any gridning for first 50, story should get you to cap ok? And the armory bonus helps for future.

Housing is meaningless in this game more or less, you aren't missing much.

I wrote a wall of text explaining my raid history to this group on Gilgamesh when asked about my situation.

I got this reply:

I don't think you would enjoy raiding on gilgamesh, so I think this will not work out.
Good luck in the future

YOU DIED

Squishy3

I wrote a wall of text explaining my raid history to this group on Gilgamesh when asked about my situation.

I got this reply:

YOU DIED
I've thought about looking into joining another static on my own time since the group of people I normally do stuff with are extremely lukewarm on the idea of savage (even though we tried midas but only pulled a few times before calling it but that's aside the point) the thought of dedicating time to people I barely know versus people I've known for a decent amount of time... yeah, hardly compelling of an idea.

Plus reading your recent horror stories. :p

And in an unrelated note, Thordan can go fuck himself. People I'm currently with have run it like 60 times and nobody's seen a bird aside from the initial drop we got right after 3.2 hit.

Squishy3

I put up a pf for Thordan today and I'm tempted to say I have had better experience using the DF.....
Thordan's the one that'll still trip people up the most because it's really easy for one person to just make a mistake that snowballs it into oblivion. It's still harder than Sephirot in terms of mechanics. Sephirot's a joke now for a somewhat competent group, the LB adds phase is completely trivial and the only thing capable of snowballing into multiple deaths is messing up circles (HP pools slightly negate this now as most everyone can eat 2 green now) forgetting colors and killing the adds before everyone's topped up after the split AOEs during the storm of words part.

I was doing it with my static the other day and we made a ton of mistakes (like 5 deaths I think?) and we still managed to salvage it and kill him before enrage. That enrage is kind of silly seeing it for the first time. His auto attacks become cleaves until he finally decides to do an ancient quaga with a significantly longer cast time that I'd assume is automatically a wipe.

I almost wish they went all the way and it went like this:

auto attacks become cleaves, if tank doesn't die from this -> proceed to turn auto attacks into heavenly heel -> if MT lives or OT picks up Thordan after MT dies -> ancient quaga enrage

Omni

Solo healing Thordan Ex is fun. Don't care for regular parties in it now.

Side note. How good is the report feature in this game? I've had to use it quite a few times over the last few weeks. Curious to see if anything actually gets done. I know my friends have been helping me out with it too.

Ken

Solo healing Thordan Ex is fun. Don't care for regular parties in it now.

Side note. How good is the report feature in this game? I've had to use it quite a few times over the last few weeks. Curious to see if anything actually gets done. I know my friends have been helping me out with it too.

You never find out if anything happens to them but I have had GMs contact me shortly after sending out tickets so I guess someone does look at them.

Squishy3

You never find out if anything happens to them but I have had GMs contact me shortly after sending out tickets so I guess someone does look at them.
Yeah, the one time I submitted a player report (was following me around and cancelling teleports as well as doing it to a bunch of other people) I was contacted in less than 10 minutes by a GM.

KanameYuuki

I'm just going to start as a tank and I have never paid attention to this because I just attacked what the tank was facing but when there is a lot of enemies besides of bosses when they summon reinforcements, is it better to attack / kill weaker or stronger enemies first?

I lost access to NN yesterday : ( I miss it already.

Top Bottom