• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Squishy3

Raid finder o:
Sounds like a step in the right direction, at least. Granted, we'll see if it just brings out the dregs of each server's PF community or not. I'd be interested to see what content is classified as "Raid Finder content" though.

edit: cross-server PF in 3.5 I guess

katagai

They should just shove a yokai watch gashapon machine inside the gold saucer, say that area is haunted, and just have it sitting there alone in a dark room. Then have you pay a reasonable amount of MGP to get something at random.

I should have known better to wait for clarification on the Raid Finder thing coming in 3.3 before assuming it was the full cross-server thingy. Didn't see if they gave anymore details on just raid finder (they said next Live Letter they would have more info I believe). Going to assume it either 1) works as a PF on your server, but doesn't have the 1 hour limit and is a more long-term post that people can see and reply to (possibly when you're not online) to allow people to play content without sitting around AFKing with a normal PF up or 2) is a message that gets cross-posted to all servers on a new tab possibly, but you have to put info about how to contact you out-of-game to arrange joining the group (and a server transfer would still be needed). Going to guess it's likely something closer to option 1.

Glad they may have the legit cross-server thing ready by 3.5, but for somebody like me, that's too far away. So server transfer is still likely the only realistic option. But I do hope its arrival stems the bleeding of people who want to raid from migrating to mostly a few core servers and hurting the majority of other servers. Also bringing up "coil" vs "alex" with that question from Level-5...just simply going back to coil but having the raid be more integral to the story I don't think will solve everything, but it may be a better option than what we've gotten with Alex? Honestly not sure what to think anymore, other than maybe if they can, please at least once try out the 3-tier system (Raid Story, Raid Hard/Extreme, Raid Savage). Can't go over worse than Gordias Savage, right?

That Yokai Watch stuff was amusing for a bit, but holy crap that dragged on forever.

Dragonskin map triggered dungeon thing might be cool if the glamour gear you can get from it looks awesome enough.

Edit: Oh, looks like SE does send something out as your sub time nears its end.

As the Warrior of Light, it falls to you to come to the defense of Eorzea in its time of need. Don't abandon the realm, leaving it defenseless to the myriad threats it faces when your game time expires on 05/03/2016!

Adding game time is easy and ensures that you don't miss out on any of the ongoing updates like the introduction of new stories and quests, epic battles against fearsome foes, awesome gear, fun and relaxing mini-games, and much more!

Ken

I hope cross-server PF brought to you by Youkai Watch is plastered with Youkai Watch ads complete with Youkai Watch class stickers in place of the regular non-Youkai Watch icons.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I hope cross-server PF brought to you by Youkai Watch is plastered with Youkai Watch ads complete with Youkai Watch class stickers in place of the regular non-Youkai Watch icons.

Same, except not joking. Replace all the non-PF icons with pictures of lightning's face or something as well.

Omni

Lamia's PF, everyone. More than half of people recruiting were just talking about pizza xD

2nHolvP.jpg

HpkfU3r.jpg

Also I saw this...
What's the point of those melds again? Haha.

Top Bottom