• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

iammeiam

Poverty gear?

Tome gear can be upgraded with an item. In this case, lore year goes from 230 to 240, the current highest level gear in the game.

When gear is released in even patches (3.0,3.2), you can only obtain the highest level gear and the upgrade items to bump tome gear to the highest level from the current raid tier.

Odd numbered patches (3.1,3.3) are "catch up" patches, designed to let non-raiders catch up to best gear level, so the upgrade items are usually made available from hunts and the 24 man raid.

Poverty/welfare is usually used to refer to upgrade items and upgraded gear got the "easy" way, with varying levels of srsness depending on who is using the term.

You never find out if anything happens to them but I have had GMs contact me shortly after sending out tickets so I guess someone does look at them.

A GM can't do nothing about anything in game unless it is a legit report, like say someone harassing you by tells. If it is someone telling another to go away, then a report can't be done. My friend told me that a GM will just tell you to blacklist the person in question, which is what I have done a long time ago. In short, they can't do anything about it unless you threaten to kill someone or something. Someone keeps following me around and stalking me in game. It is rather annoying and they spam the laugh emote or whatever. I don't think a GM will take that seriously unless they can see tell history.

SOLDIER

Quick question: Heavensward is currently on sale at Best Buy for PS4, $9.99.

Do I get a free month if I buy this expansion, even if I already have a subscription? Been thinking of resubbing again, and getting the expansion on PS4 would be a good incentive.

Squishy3

Quick question: Heavensward is currently on sale at Best Buy for PS4, $9.99.

Do I get a free month if I buy this expansion, even if I already have a subscription? Been thinking of resubbing again, and getting the expansion on PS4 would be a good incentive.
Heavensward doesn't give a month with it, only the base game does.

Picking up the discussion from last page, my guess for 3.3 release date is end of May or first week of June.

Valor

I'm just going to start as a tank and I have never paid attention to this because I just attacked what the tank was facing but when there is a lot of enemies besides of bosses when they summon reinforcements, is it better to attack / kill weaker or stronger enemies first?

I lost access to NN yesterday : ( I miss it already.

Hmm. Usually it's better to take the biggest threat/pain in the butt enemies out first. Sometimes there are weaker harder hitting enemies you will want to prioritize, but they seem to have weeded that philosophy out.

For example, if there's a pack of mobs where there are two enemies that just attack you with no aoes, and one enemy that drops a cleave aoe or circle aoe, take out the aoe caster first to make everything easier. If there's a ranged enemy that doesn't want to move, bring the melee enemies over to it to make the group easier to manage.

Most of the time in dungeon packs you'll have your dps aoeing enemies down, so they'll all drop at around the same time, but I always try to focus on guys that will paralyze/poison/stun/aoe first so i have less stuff to dance around whenever possible.

Omni

I need to solo heal Seph ex before the next patch.

The real problem is that while I can get a couple of friends in my party, the rest are randoms from the PF. Last time I tried, we got to 25% and wiped because people didn't know how to grab tethers and got hit by the earthshakers. Also our DPS was worse than decent four man farm parties, so that was something. Feels bad ;__;

Picked up Heavensward since it was on sale. I haven't played since the player housing first came out. I'm not sure what patch that was, but it was before the Gold Saucer.

What have I done?!?!

I need to solo heal Seph ex before the next patch.

The real problem is that while I can get a couple of friends in my party, the rest are randoms from the PF. Last time I tried, we got to 25% and wiped because people didn't know how to grab tethers and got hit by the earthshakers. Also our DPS was worse than decent four man farm parties, so that was something. Feels bad ;__;

Sounds like you'll get it eventually, just keep at it. Also don't worry if you don't do it till 3.3. Still the same gear ceiling as before, and if you get echo after a wipe, ask the party to click it off if that bugs you.

Jinketsu

Picked up Heavensward since it was on sale. I haven't played since the player housing first came out. I'm not sure what patch that was, but it was before the Gold Saucer.

What have I done?!?!

The story is pretty good. I really dislike the gear progression so I only sub every major patch for a month and do what I like to do in that time.

Ken

A GM can't do nothing about anything in game unless it is a legit report, like say someone harassing you by tells. If it is someone telling another to go away, then a report can't be done. My friend told me that a GM will just tell you to blacklist the person in question, which is what I have done a long time ago. In short, they can't do anything about it unless you threaten to kill someone or something. Someone keeps following me around and stalking me in game. It is rather annoying and they spam the laugh emote or whatever. I don't think a GM will take that seriously unless they can see tell history.

wat

Omni

Sounds like you'll get it eventually, just keep at it. Also don't worry if you don't do it till 3.3. Still the same gear ceiling as before, and if you get echo after a wipe, ask the party to click it off if that bugs you.

That's true. Still, I'd like to get it done. Savage progression is out of the question this tier so it's all I have left. Well, beyond doing the old relic for the sake of it xD

aceface

That's true. Still, I'd like to get it done. Savage progression is out of the question this tier so it's all I have left. Well, beyond doing the old relic for the sake of it xD

I don't understand why if you're solo healing primals why savage progression is out of the question? I've just started working on A5S over the past week or so and it's super fun.

Chille

I am waiting till echo before I try to learn Seph EX lol but then I said that about Thordan and I still haven't tried it

Omni

I don't understand why if you're solo healing primals why savage progression is out of the question? I've just started working on A5S over the past week or so and it's super fun.

I want to get into Savage. But I've only seen one group in the last few weeks looking for a healer and they wanted me to raid four hours a day, five days a week. That isn't fun o.o

Apoptomon

Not sure if it was posted, but there was a Lore interview with Koji fox over at gamerscape. Some really interesting inside information to some of the smaller things in game as well some really juicy lore related things that might be coming up that as far as I can tell hasn't been discussed much.

http://gamerescape.com/2016/04/28/lorecast-7-get-to-the-chowder/

The 'hints' make me question where we might be going in 4.0
Meanwhile in Othard: "I'm Captain Basch of Dalmasca!" ...?

Not sure if it was posted, but there was a Lore interview with Koji fox over at gamerscape. Some really interesting inside information to some of the smaller things in game as well some really juicy lore related things that might be coming up that as far as I can tell hasn't been discussed much.

http://gamerescape.com/2016/04/28/lorecast-7-get-to-the-chowder/

The 'hints' make me question where we might be going in 4.0

Eorzea is just the name of the continent right?

Would be cool if they revealed the rest of the world as Ivalice. The fact that they had Viera as a concept for a race would lend to that I think.

Of course we won't know for sure until they reveal the next expansion.

BadRNG

Wonder what the reveal with Ramuh will be. I assumed he knew the stuff he did because the Sylphs believed he knew the stuff he did; if that makes sense. Ties into the whole "primals are just embodiment of people's wishes/deisres/prayers" thing. Even if he wasn't actually alive at the dawn of time if the Sylph imagined him as this all knowing guy then he would be one.

Eorzea is just the name of the continent right?

Would be cool if they revealed the rest of the world as Ivalice. The fact that they had Viera as a concept for a race would lend to that I think.

Of course we won't know for sure until they reveal the next expansion.
Eorzea is the name for the area the game currently takes place in, the actual continent's name is Aldenard and then there's a bunch of islands (including the huge one where Limsa is, Vylbrand.) that are included as part of Eorzea.

They throw tons of Ivalice references at you but outside of parallel world hi-jinks that involve massive continental shifts it doesn't fit. The Ivalice references are probably just the same as any other FF reference in the game. Or they could just say it's same universe but different planet like FF7/FFX but that always seemed sort of pointless to me...

Thorgal

Question :if I where to rebuy the game +expansion from the SE store can I still use the same account I used on the steam version?

iammeiam

Question :if I where to rebuy the game +expansion from the SE store can I still use the same account I used on the steam version?

You could log in using the version of the program the disks install, but you couldn't register the keys to your account. You can either have a non-Steam PC key, or a Steam PC key, not both, on an account. So you can buy the SE store version, install it, and then sign in with your Steam account, but that wouldn't do anything. When the next expansion hits, you'd still need to buy that on Steam to get access.

Teknoman

Guess I popped on just in time.

EDIT: Dragons count as a beast tribe now? Or does he just mean the Moogle quests will be Dragon related?

Thorgal

You could log in using the version of the program the disks install, but you couldn't register the keys to your account. You can either have a non-Steam PC key, or a Steam PC key, not both, on an account. So you can buy the SE store version, install it, and then sign in with your Steam account, but that wouldn't do anything. When the next expansion hits, you'd still need to buy that on Steam to get access.
Oh. Oh well doesn't matter then.

Also, never found hullbreaker difficult.

Now sastasha hard mode on the other hand...

The last boss is hell if you are a caster.

Also you better pray your healer is quick to heal you after the first boss stings you before slime can get you.

Teknoman

They brought back the music that sounded like Cyan's theme!

Hullbreaker was cool, but spoiled by the Kraken boss, which could've been so much better.

Top Bottom