• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Jayhawk

I don't want to over inflate his ego. Maybe we can get healer loot for him when Eve stops hogging all of the drops.

Wouldn't Eve hogging gear be a good thing for your group? Sub-50 percentile dps plebs like you and me wouldn't be getting full use of gear upgrades.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Grats on the clear guys
Will it track how much time Nell spends bunny hopping around the map because he can't uncrouch?
Turns out it wasn't Overwatch specific. Get hyped for tonight.

For what it's worth, I haven't been able to trigger it again since last night after changing a few things around.

Grats on the clear guys

Turns out it wasn't Overwatch specific. Get hyped for tonight.

For what it's worth, I haven't been able to trigger it again since last night after changing a few things around.

Can't wait for you to summon Titan in your fire jail doesn't even matter that it's not on your hot bar.

Tomat

If it happens again all I'll be able to do in game is pop my buffs and buff my pet... which should probably be good enough.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
My last desires to keep playing XIV have been lost to Overwatch.
RIP.
I wish my MCH had rocket thrusters.

Jayhawk

Overwatch open beta ending too soon. Ketsen isn't back until Wednesday and our OT might be busy that night. I only played one Overwatch session with this beta and I haven't been tracking all the buffs/nerfs since the beginning of the year, so maybe I can use the FFXIV raid downtime for learning all that.

Robin64

Fishing at 18,28 in South Shroud and loads of Lalafells in black robes keep appearing out of thin air, landing all in the same spot, then vanishing. It's getting a bit freaky.

Thorgal

Fishing at 18,28 in South Shroud and loads of Lalafells in black robes keep appearing out of thin air, landing all in the same spot, then vanishing. It's getting a bit freaky.

the Lalafell bot army is invading .

We are all doomed .

Forget the dragon war , this is the real deal .

Tomat

Overwatch open beta ending too soon. Ketsen isn't back until Wednesday and our OT might be busy that night. I only played one Overwatch session with this beta and I haven't been tracking all the buffs/nerfs since the beginning of the year, so maybe I can use the FFXIV raid downtime for learning all that.

Truth

Didn't get my Midas 3 loot in time today and my friend and I ran it 20+ times today and bad parties just made us quit for hours. Don't really care because It was worthless to me anyway. Wod took 2 hours to wait for... got it done 20 mins before reset. I have a bad habit of leaving these things last minute.

Any good tank up to date tank guides floating around?

I will finish leveling both WAR & PLD to 30 (and unlocking the jobs) but I want to concentrate on getting one of the three to 60 first.

Any good tank up to date tank guides floating around?

I will finish leveling both WAR & PLD to 30 (and unlocking the jobs) but I want to concentrate on getting one of the three to 60 first.

You could take your pick here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/436j3d/condensed_list_of_tanking_resources/? Not the best in the world but there isn't really a huge amount to explain that you won't pick up the more you play.

Just ignore all the stuff about prioritising your STR stat, since that comes from when tanks' attack power only scaled on STR. This has since been changed so that VIT and STR are weighted equally.

iammeiam

Do you actually kill the cat on savage? I'm out, going back to Meridian 59.

No but I assume if we kill Quickthinx it'll eventually starve to death. Unless it learns to eat spikes.

I think half of us at least have Stellaris at this point. Maybe tomorrow night we can team up to kill space cats while Alena teleports around Hummelfaust.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
No but I assume if we kill Quickthinx it'll eventually starve to death. Unless it learns to eat spikes.

I think half of us at least have Stellaris at this point. Maybe tomorrow night we can team up to kill space cats while Alena teleports around Hummelfaust.

If I'm still up and Bookey hasn't got me into SFV sets, I'm up for smug slug power hour.

There's a source of water in the frost room! And it can eat... bomb chains?(???)

Thorgal

{soon}

Shanoa final boss of Alexander. Book it~

Teenage Mutant Ninja Space Turtles?

they already did that

ts9wwIH.jpg

CLBridges

Looking over the thread, I probably should've waited to re-sub once 3.3 drops. But, gonna do some leveling and gold saucer stuff I've neglected. Finish zeta just to say I've done it.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm pretty happy with my progress yesterday. I was able to get the lore I need so that I can get my weapon this week and I did some ravana farming which ended up with me winning a bird. :D I ran it 12 times and got my spear as well which is fun because ravana fight used to scare me but I've got the whole fight down now. Just took some practice. I had my first try at SephEX learning party but they didn't do too many tries. Did up to second fiendish rage and then people had to leave.

Village

Getting to 22 is pretty easy and fast. Grab the ring from beating the Hall of the Novice trials, do your hunting logs until level 5 ish, do some leves till level 15 and then do a few dungeons.
So i did the thing,I think the thing that makes the most upset is gmthe type of move it is. Really gladiator's can learn provoke but the class with the giant ass sword, magic multiple personally disorder, to the degree to which it an manifest itself reality, and glowing with red sexual energy cant attract attention? Thats bull dude.

Village

I started doing hildebrand

This shit is strong.

Question though, during parts of these cutscenes, there is this jazzy tune that keeps playing. Would anyone know what that is

For context, during the 1st cutscene with godbert, it plays after he he fixes up the pot real good

Omni

They say you never forget your first Pony .

Today is my lucky day .

ffxiv_10052016_235913h6sct.png

'grats!

Still trying to get my first bird. I'm beyond the point of just being ashamed at how many times I've cleared those damn fights. You'd think the harder fights would have a slightly higher drop rate. ;__;

Ignignort

Hi everyone,

Is this game pretty awesome now? I tried when it first came out like everyone else and thought it was pretty bland.

Now I'm seeing trailers for all of this gold saucer stuff, triple triad and lots of general flavor making it much much more appealing.

Any suggestions for me? I've downloaded it on PC and will be able to fire up tonight, is there particular starting areas that are more interesting to others for keeping someone engaged.

Also plan to play with a gamepad which it seems like is the right idea?

Ken

Hi everyone,

Is this game pretty awesome now? I tried when it first came out like everyone else and thought it was pretty bland.

Now I'm seeing trailers for all of this gold saucer stuff, triple triad and lots of general flavor making it much much more appealing.

Any suggestions for me? I've downloaded it on PC and will be able to fire up tonight, is there particular starting areas that are more interesting to others for keeping someone engaged.

Also plan to play with a gamepad which it seems like is the right idea?

It's a pretty good MMO your first time through. Gamepad is fine.

I think any starting zone is ok and you'll quickly gain access to all of them so it doesn't really matter besides what level 1-15ish quests you want to do. Starting zone is also tied to your starting class.

Top Bottom