• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Thorgal

I started doing hildebrand

This shit is strong.

Question though, during parts of these cutscenes, there is this jazzy tune that keeps playing. Would anyone know what that is

For context, during the 1st cutscene with godbert, it plays after he he fixes up the pot real good

I think you mean hildebrand s theme which is called Agent of inquiry.

Omni

11/05/2016 18:45
Additional Plots and Housing Price Adjustments

Patch 3.3 will see the addition of new plots in all residential districts. Furthermore, housing prices will be adjusted and unified for all Worlds based on current population counts and economic conditions.
Additional Plots

Wards 9 through 12 will be added to all residential districts. Subdivisions will also be available in these new wards, resulting in a total of 240 new plots of land for each district.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/9f1bcd520daaec659e24ef306d99927927dc368e

Dunno if that was already known, but still. Interesting. I wonder how fast they will fill up. Maybe I should try to secure one myself, come patch day.

aceface

iammeiam

One per character; you can technically get a second if you establish an FC and buy a house for it.

The people who bought multiples to scalp had multiple alts.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I was waiting for Ishgard to have housing in, say, 2030, but those prices look reasonable, might grab a large one now. Then doing nothing of consequence with it.

While 3 million is a lot lower than I expected (my guess would have been 5 million at least), I still (a) can't afford it and (b) wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on something I will lose if I unsub for a length of time.

Sifl

I got a lecturing on tank mechanics in a8 normal today. Other tank started raging when I moved Blaster close to Swindler because "they get a buff if they are close to eachother". Meanwhile we didn't do the tank mechanics for onslaughter or brute justice the way they're "supposed" to be done. Meanwhile I'm being thrown lines that sound straight out of a PSA, such as "Mechanics are for losers...until you die. Don't be that guy". Also the person who wrote that gem stepped into a landmine on the double cannon part, ricocheted with the mt into the corner and they took the double cannons by themselves. With him dying of course.

Leunam

I haven't tanked A8 normal oddly enough, but I never noticed a buff. I've seen people stack then for AoE so I assumed there was no buff at all.

Valor

I don't believe there is a buff and if there is it is so incredibly minor it might as well not exist. It's just common thought that if there are two adds you must tank you must tank them a decent ways apart.

Bismarck Snakes
Thordan Knights
A3S Hands (sometimes)?

But yeah. I don't think that's the case at all. Doesn't seem to even be in savage since you get to play with all four at once.

Also since I planned on getting a small house all along, I don't know what to do with the rest of my money I hoarded away D: Scything give me a loan or something so I can upgrade to a large house.

Omni

I find it easier to keep them where they spawn when I'm tanking. That way you're not screwing around with any AoEs that might target the tanks which usually forces you to separate anyway.

Though admittedly the only time I tank in Midas normal is when I'm with my friend. Just how we do it, I suppose.

Raijinken

Does anyone happen to remember what they said about Ishgard housing? I keep hearing people talking about apartments but I don't know where this came from. I've been holding off on upgrading to a bigger house because I wanted a medium house in the snow...

They don't get a buff. I've tanked it dozens of times and I always move them together.

As a melee main, I do it because it'd be annoying to have to run across the arena to engage the second one when the first goes down. AOEing them is just a bonus in my mind.

iammeiam

There is, however, a buff in 8 Savage. Brawler from spawn and Swindler sub-50% do the AOE buff thing Swindler does in A6S periodically. So it could conceivably be one of those things where strategies between versions get telephoned around.

Wazzy

Banned
Finally got my Squall card(wasn't really focusing on TT locations and just fought whoever I saw was available to challenge) and added a couple more cards to my deck. I might go card hunting later to hit 60 so I can stop being limited to 1 and 2* cards.

They say you never forget your first Pony .

Today is my lucky day .

ffxiv_10052016_235913h6sct.png

Gratz! It's always fun getting your first pony :D

Levi pony was my first and I've always been very happy with it. Titan took me a long time to get and since it's for me one of the easiest fights for groups to wipe in, it's good you have it out of the way!

scy

Swindler does have his ally proximity buff in A8 Normal and Savage. He's the only one with it though so it only matters to him if things are near him. Savage adds Auxilary Power / 'green aoe buff shit thingy' to it.

aceface

Does anyone happen to remember what they said about Ishgard housing? I keep hearing people talking about apartments but I don't know where this came from. I've been holding off on upgrading to a bigger house because I wanted a medium house in the snow...

The've said Ishgard housing is coming just nothing specific as to when other then after 3.3. Also, it's apartment style?

A: We'll be increasing the number of plots for existing housing areas in Patch 3.3. After we expand those areas, we'll add apartment-style housing in Ishgard areas afterwards, starting with one apartment-style building which will hold about 512 residences. We’re also planning to make chocobo stables available for use to residents of apartment-style housing. Gardening patches are still proving somewhat difficult, but we’re currently developing new “planter pots” that will allow gardening.

As per demand, we are also looking into the prospect of increasing the number of indoor furnishings which can be placed in residences.

From here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...e-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXVI-Digest-(01-12-2016) But, I've read another translation of this answer on reddit that says they are developing the apartment-style housing and new Ishgard plots of land in parallel with one another and that both are coming eventually. So, who knows.

Apoptomon

So apparently they're going to making male Highlander's flexing /pose emote exclusive to Eorzea's Gentleman of Light (which I've read it might have been in 1.0, is that right?) and his quest line, and giving them a new /pose instead. I wonder what it would be.

CLBridges

Just remembered I picked up the Hildebrand Quest on patch day and still haven't completed. Don't know why I've been overlooking it. Well, that gives me something else to do when/if I log in later.

As a melee main, I do it because it'd be annoying to have to run across the arena to engage the second one when the first goes down. AOEing them is just a bonus in my mind.

✕ Stack the two robots to help the melee DPS
✓ Stack the two robots to help healers and get the benefit of Bane/Shadowflare/Salted Earth/double dotting, all while getting a conga line of melee DPS chasing down the robot you're moving in the bargain

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
So I'm finishing up leveling monk. Hit 58 last night and unlocked Purification. Is there any reason I'd want to use this over Invigorate? I'd think that putting Fifth Chakra towards Forbidden Chakra would be the way to go. Are there any unusual circumstances where I'd want Purification instead?

Leunam

You pretty much always want to use Forbidden Chakra, but if you're doing an AoE rotation, that extra TP is very handy.

In A1 I have enough time between jumps to get to five stacks, use Purification, and then get back to five stacks right after. It's a mainstay on my expanded hotbar.

WolvenOne

......and here I was worried I wouldn't have enough Gil for some of the more expensive Medium houses.

Granted, I'll have to demolish my small house. So I guess in that respect I'll have lost the Plot.

Valor

So I'm finishing up leveling monk. Hit 58 last night and unlocked Purification. Is there any reason I'd want to use this over Invigorate? I'd think that putting Fifth Chakra towards Forbidden Chakra would be the way to go. Are there any unusual circumstances where I'd want Purification instead?
Extended AoE pulls you'll want the TP instead. If they ever make a fight where you need TP outside of Invig, there you have it. Otherwise Forbidden Chakra all day long.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't dislike it as much as I thought I would. I just miss having gear I can see.

Jayhawk

Haman's been Dragoon main for like a year now. Where do I learn how to be a 99 percentile Ninja? All these other more interesting games don't help.

Ken

Haman's been Dragoon main for like a year now. Where do I learn how to be a 99 percentile Ninja? All these other more interesting games don't help.

身を捨てても、名利は捨てず

Tiops

So, a friend of mine is asking for help to power level his crafters. Does anyone here know a fair price for this kind of stuff?

Top Bottom