• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Thanks for the DRK advice, guys. =)

Has it become a thing where shouty DPS enter dungeon roulette and demand full clears of dungeons all the time? Been noticing that a lot lately. I don't mind doing them if the majority of the group are in favor, but there'll be times I'm in one and at least half the group are 60s doing their Eso / Poetic run of the day toward relic, and the shouty DPS will still be there crying for a full run when everyone else wants a speed run. =S

They want a full dungeon run, get a full group willing to do it.

And sit around waiting for hours until it might fill. As a DPS, your queue time sucks. If you're trying to level up, you want the EXP. Honestly if somebody says they want full EXP run, I help them out. If the three other people say no, you're out of luck...not much you can do other than try to pull and extra mob or group while they're still in combat and play it off like a mistake.

Back to the PF suggestion, maybe the best thing to do is try to find a tank via PF who wants to level, and then get fast queues.

Finally on Ultros, sending an application in as i speak

And sit around waiting for hours until it might fill. As a DPS, your queue time sucks. If you're trying to level up, you want the EXP. Honestly if somebody says they want full EXP run, I help them out. If the three other people say no, you're out of luck...not much you can do other than try to pull and extra mob or group while they're still in combat and play it off like a mistake.

Back to the PF suggestion, maybe the best thing to do is try to find a tank via PF who wants to level, and then get fast queues.

If it's lvl 60 dungeons, xp doesn't mean anything, right? All i can think of is wanting to grab all treasure chests?

That may be so but there are so many ways to get exp now, it's kinda silly. You don't even need a full dungeon run because gaining levels goes pretty fast...

Though if they are totally new, I can sorta see why they might want a full run but again sometimes it's safer to just PF it that way. It's kinda selfish to expect the whole group to bow to your demands.

Omni

I'm kinda in the mindset that if you're going to join a dungeon through the duty finder, then you should reasonably expect to do the entire thing. Not a speed run. If you don't have time for it, then don't queue.

If one person asks for a full clear and I'm tanking, I will do it.

Lyng

Just beat Garuda. Level 44 now and bought Heavensward. I am so in love with this game. The dungeons are fun, the classes are diverse, the story is great, the community is fantastic, heck even crafting is fun!

Sophia

Finally on Ultros, sending an application in as i speak

If it's lvl 60 dungeons, xp doesn't mean anything, right? All i can think of is wanting to grab all treasure chests?

This is all his fault:

blamem1pwc.png

I was in the GAF guild before, so I'm already signed up on guildworks... somewhere.... This time I've brought my main tho. So uh, hiya everyone.

Omni

Just beat Garuda. Level 44 now and bought Heavensward. I am so in love with this game. The dungeons are fun, the classes are diverse, the story is great, the community is fantastic, heck even crafting is fun!
Let's not go too crazy now

Robin64

Got Fisher to 60 last night. Have a full set of blue scrip gear, but crap it looks so daunting getting that red scrip set.

Zomba13

I've completely lost the will to even log in after gettting Fenrir. The Gold Saucer was giving me reason to log in and do minigames, even if I wasn't earning tomes or clearing Alex it was something to log in for and do but now I just can't be arsed. Even if I do log in and decided I want to just do minigames again while watching some youtube I log in, sit around and decide I'd rather just laze and watch youtube or better yet, just play something else.

I need new content so bad. I really think the 2 dungeon rotation has hurt the game badly for me because while 3 dungeons weren't great, it was more fresh than only doing 2. It was slightly more variety in the tome grind. And I don't really do the end game extreme mode primals or savage stuff because I'm not good enough, so the tome grind and weekly stuff is why I log in.

Switching server over drama is silly.

Drama wasn't the reason for leaving the server. She left our FC some time ago, but she only switched now because i decided i needed to switch servers to keep enjoying this game. We like to play together, so it was a mutual decision, i wasn't going to switch unless i knew she would be fine with it.

Atolm

I've completely lost the will to even log in after gettting Fenrir. The Gold Saucer was giving me reason to log in and do minigames, even if I wasn't earning tomes or clearing Alex it was something to log in for and do but now I just can't be arsed. Even if I do log in and decided I want to just do minigames again while watching some youtube I log in, sit around and decide I'd rather just laze and watch youtube or better yet, just play something else.

I need new content so bad. I really think the 2 dungeon rotation has hurt the game badly for me because while 3 dungeons weren't great, it was more fresh than only doing 2. It was slightly more variety in the tome grind. And I don't really do the end game extreme mode primals or savage stuff because I'm not good enough, so the tome grind and weekly stuff is why I log in.

At this point I only log in to get the money from my retainers and do the Gold Saucer Challenges for the Fenrir mount. It's that dead.

ThinFinn

Congratulations! But I regret to inform you you're still a bard so....

just kidding. your association with Galen is why you can never be cool, not the bard thing.

Sometimes I think it's worth it. :3

Also, I noticed you're no longer a lala...

Congrats!

*Steals Kagari's Gobdip.

I was in the GAF guild before, so I'm already signed up on guildworks... somewhere.... This time I've brought my main tho. So uh, hiya everyone.

Hello fellow Ex-GW2 GAFfer! o/

Tiops

Our static had our first try on A6S yesterday. That was interesting. And praise the nerfs, I'm really happy that I don't have to handle double mines on Blaster.

Stalk

Any guilds on Cerberus willing to take on a casual returning player? I've been out for a fair bit with a few delves back in but aiming to get started again now.

Sophia

Drama wasn't the reason for leaving the server. She left our FC some time ago, but she only switched now because i decided i needed to switch servers to keep enjoying this game. We like to play together, so it was a mutual decision, i wasn't going to switch unless i knew she would be fine with it.

What he said. >_>

I haven't actually seen the new section of Alexander, so that's a priority for me. :eek:

Akainu

God damn if you aren't going to do the duty stop signing up for it. 3 times i had people cancel of titan extreme. Shit is annoying.

aceface

I haven't been super active this last week, but before that I was on every day! How much more active do I need to be! Also isn't Victor on all the time?

Oh, sorry, I always forget you are an officer. I don't think I'm on much when you are and I also always get you confused with Gryvan apparently.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sometimes I think it's worth it. :3

Also, I noticed you're no longer a lala..
She couldn't resist the catgirl life any longer.

Unfortunately this means the lalafell baton was passed to some poor soul
temporarily

iammeiam

It's really not nice to point out people's grotesque physical deformities. At least I get some satisfaction out of every death now.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Yikes. 50/450 this week, seems im losing interest in the game, doesnt help that its basically a wasteland community wise atm (atleast when im logged in D:)

ebil

It's been incredibly hard to force myself to cap tomestones the past week and I'm only doing it because I might need to go back to SCH in the near future. The loss of interest is real.

Capping tomes would be a lot easier if the i180 dungeons didn't have fucking cinematic anti speedruning baby gates.

Thankfully I just need three more weeks of this shit and I'm done for good.

I just do my dailies now or help friends. I lost interest a long time ago.... and given that I have uc4, that probably won't change right now. I'm only capping because I do an ex roulette every day or so.

Jayhawk

Stopped capping lore weeks ago. I ain't getting lore to gear up an alt until Galen captains our ships to the next Diadem adventures... or hunt spam for poverty upgrades.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Capping tomes would be a lot easier if the i180 dungeons didn't have fucking cinematic anti speedruning baby gates.

This has been annoying me a lot, especially at the start of Antitower. My PLD would have no problem picking up mountains of mobs, but everything is gated. :mad:

jschreier

Finally hit 50 yesterday woohoo! It occurred to me that I'm probably going to need a keyboard to do endgame stuff (I play on PS4) - anyone have any experience using a keyboard on PS4? Would love some recommendations.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Finally hit 50 yesterday woohoo! It occurred to me that I'm probably going to need a keyboard to do endgame stuff (I play on PS4) - anyone have any experience using a keyboard on PS4? Would love some recommendations.
You should be fine on a controller even for endgame stuff. I see a lot of people doing the hardest raids in the game on them. Mostly comes down to preference and finding out what hotbar configuration works best for you.

Tiops

According to Ariyala, I just need next week to get every Lore gear that I need. Then I'll just stop caring about capping and hope we can clear Midas for the rest.

Or cap 2 more weeks to get my DRK weapon.

jschreier

You should be fine on a controller even for endgame stuff. I see a lot of people doing the hardest raids in the game on them. Mostly comes down to preference and finding out what hotbar configuration works best for you.
Well I was thinking in terms of communicating with people, especially since I'm a tank and will probably have to figure out who mains and who gets adds.

Top Bottom