• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Valor

Natasha trying to make my job more complicated than 123, clearly a sign I need to just go back to Ragnarok Online or something instead.

Make sure that he starts keeping the slashing debuff up instead of your warrior from now on. That'll learn him a thing or two.

Jayhawk

Make sure that he starts keeping the slashing debuff up instead of your warrior from now on. That'll learn him a thing or two.

A simple copy-paste since I already typed this out before!

(Biggest Damage and Enmity) Butcher's Block Combo is 150 -> 200 -> 280.
(Slashing Debuff and Maim Buff) Storm's Eye Combo is 150 -> 190 -> 270.
(Damage Debuff and Maim Buff) Storm's Path Combo is 150 -> 190 -> 250.

(Biggest Damage) Aeolian Edge Combo is 150 -> 200 -> 320.
(Huton Duration Increase) Armor Crush Combo is 150 -> 200 -> 280.
(Slashing Debuff) Dancing Edge Combo is 150 -> 200 -> 260.

Using Storm's Eye to keep slashing debuff up instead of WAR's highest potency combo is a 20 potency loss combo.
Using Dancing Edge to keep slashing debuff up instead of NIN's highest potency combo is a 60 potency loss combo.

Do the math, Galen!

Sorian

Banned
A simple copy-paste since I already typed this out before!

(Biggest Damage and Enmity) Butcher's Block Combo is 150 -> 200 -> 280.
(Slashing Debuff and Maim Buff) Storm's Eye Combo is 150 -> 190 -> 270.
(Damage Debuff and Maim Buff) Storm's Path Combo is 150 -> 190 -> 250.

(Biggest Damage) Aeolian Edge Combo is 150 -> 200 -> 320.
(Huton Duration Increase) Armor Crush Combo is 150 -> 200 -> 280.
(Slashing Debuff) Dancing Edge Combo is 150 -> 200 -> 260.

Using Storm's Eye to keep slashing debuff up instead of WAR's highest potency combo is a 20 potency loss combo.
Using Dancing Edge to keep slashing debuff up instead of NIN's highest potency combo is a 60 potency loss combo.

Do the math, Galen!

Give me the math next on why I should pretend NIN ups my DPS more than DRG does :D

Tiops

124! 124! Shadewalker will save us. 1000 dps PLD, go!

Looking back at Tiops' scenario, the WAR stealing hate back during shock therapy spams shouldn't be an issue if he's picking up the chimera add or the big add during the pig phase. The tank swaps happen before adds pop. The WAR is using a combo or two on the add. If he's managing to catch you in hate, I am guessing your group's strategy has the PLD using GCDs on the chimera, while the WAR is using GCDs on the boss. Of course the WAR is going to catch up on enmity in that scenario.

Yea, our scenario was the last one you described. Not nearly optimal, it was our second or third week raiding, but it made me aware of aggro issues in some cases.

Fixed the problem when we let the boss with the WAR until the end of the Shock Therapies. I switched to SwO after getting decent aggro from the Chimera and proceeded to DPS the boss until the Boost.After that, we swapped again.

I've been checking some discussions on the Official Forums, and it's kinda divisive how to handle the tank roles properly. Usually I MT and pull the boss, but there are some talks about letting the WAR pull, as he can get a crapload of enmity without losing much DPS as the PLD would, then proceding to swap right after the WAR opener so he can proceed to do his fflogs DPS as an OT.

There is also the notion that PLD should never be MT in the current state of the jobs (opinion of the Warrior's lord and savior Xenosys Vex), but that would require the WAR to play like a fucking DPS and put a lot of weight on the healers.

So... I haven't played since the main story ended. Is there somewhere I can catch up on any essential changes, I have ilvl 100-120 gear which was OK back then but is probably useless. I'll only be playing for 2-3 months due to recently finishing uni, surgery and a bunch of other factors.

The reddit post in op is 10 months old now. Also, what's the best place to refresh my memory of the story?

That would never happen. Ninja got turned into a dodge tank by the players in FFXI and it caused Square-Enix all kinds of headaches. (Of course, Ninja itself caused all sorts of headaches, but that's another story...)

Lame.

I was just thinking they could even include a trait or ability that increases your dodge chance if you're wearing no armor. Then it would be a true Dunban style dodge tank.

pKf28dL.jpg

They did it. They actually did it. Now all the ERPers on Balmung will live out their darkest fantasies.

Or maybe it's a Maniac Mansion homage.

TEJ

So i just bought ff14 on the ps4. Setup was a pain in the ass cause at first i didn't realize that you only needed one of the pw's to log in and now I can't log into mognet using my square enix id and same password I am very frustrated please help me.

iammeiam

So i just bought ff14 on the ps4. Setup was a pain in the ass cause at first i didn't realize that you only needed one of the pw's to log in and now I can't log into mognet using my square enix id and same password I am very frustrated please help me.

MogStation uses the exact same username/password your PS4 login uses. IIRC some people have problems because the username is case sensitive, so if it has a capital in it in your saved PS4 login (I think PS4 may auto-capitalize sometimes?), you have to match that on Mogstation. Otherwise it's the exact same credentials in both places.

Omni

It sounds like an ISP issue. Everyone who has reported it so far has said they are on comcast. I'm with Verizon and absolutely no lag today (surprisingly)

I heard this too earlier while doing Seph ex on Lamia. People were all over the place. I kinda assumed they were just making excuses for dying since I'm in Australia and was fine, but maybe there's some truth there.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Would be nice for XIV raids to go back to exclusive looking gear instead the same gear as normal, just dyeable.
Been thinking the same thing lately. or have the same base model and give the Savage version some extra stuff. 50% more spikes or 200% larger shoulders.

More armor designs is always fine with me.

Sorian

Banned
Would be nice for XIV raids to go back to exclusive looking gear instead the same gear as normal, just dyeable.

Considering coil didn't have a normal mode, this doesn't make much sense >_>

There's still the current tome gear and the current raid gear, looks-wise.

iammeiam

I just want gear that doesn't look like shit. Midan gear is all right but Gordias was some level 40 looking garbage.

Gordian gear actually did dye alright--most of it was terrible in default colors, which I sort of think was intentional. The weird cloth flaps ruined some of the chests unfortunately.

Midan gear is mostly just kind of safe and there. I dunno.

The dyeable/nondyeable split is what people were asking for back during Coil when a Savage FCoB was being speculated about. The only real difference now is the nondyeable stuff can't be bragged about.

On a related note, where's the wild speculation over what appears to be a ninja wearing the HA aiming chest in the 3.3 dungeon preview?

studyguy

When's the new patch hitting?

Also as far as Raiding is concerned. NIN is basically my best friend for getting those SICK NASTY WET NOODLE FFLOGS DPS for PLD. As their skill is basically a substitute for worrying about emnity

Oh no I'm gonna have to use Rage of Halone, save me nin-kun~

Omni

How does an over-melded healing accessory stack up against Lore i230 gear? Obviously you're losing a few points of your main stats, but does the melding make up for it?

I'd like to be done with gearing my Healer for the time being but I'm not sure if it's worth buying a ring or necklace when I have the crafted stuff.

xxczx

not sure about you but I'm just about fed up of getting overly feminine healer/caster gear.

cross class glamours would 100% solve this

Top Bottom