• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Omni

When I started playing, the different classes and the fact that there are jobs confused me. I don't feel like the game does a very good job at explaining that stuff. Didn't have help from anyone in-game so I had to look it up online.

Suppose I could have missed something though

Tiops

I just want to know how the DoH and DoL upgrades will be handled in 3.3 :(

I'm not saving Red Scrips, hoping that it will either require a new Scrip or use some different shit. I've been using the scrips until now to get mats for 2-star DoH gear, and now that I got what I want, I'm thinking about using the remaining week's scrips to get these mats and make some money (500k for 10 Wyvern's Wart is awesome).

Sorian

Banned
i would rather have that cape of his and give me thordan's cape too while they are at it .

rn3kbPI.gif

Squishy3

I just want to know how the DoH and DoL upgrades will be handled in 3.3 :(

I'm not saving Red Scrips, hoping that it will either require a new Scrip or use some different shit. I've been using the scrips until now to get mats for 2-star DoH gear, and now that I got what I want, I'm thinking about using the remaining week's scrips to get these mats and make some money (500k for 10 Wyvern's Wart is awesome).
It's new gatherer gear in 3.3, new red scrip gear for crafters in 3.4.

BadRNG

So uh, I've lost interest in the game as a whole so am quitting forever. Well, maybe not forever, but at least taking good long long break. I haven't actually grouped heavily with people inside GAF for awhile now, basically logging on only to raid, but still want to thank everyone in GAF for the fun times over the years. Even though didn't group much for long time I've always enjoyed the interactions in chat and general community that has existed in the FC. So yeah, thanks for the great atmosphere.

Might return at some point to check out any big changes, but not overly hopeful at the moment.

Way ahead of you.
I'll miss you the most.

well you're somewhere on the list

So uh, I've lost interest in the game as a whole so am quitting forever. Well, maybe not forever, but at least taking good long long break. I haven't actually grouped heavily with people inside GAF for awhile now, basically logging on only to raid, but still want to thank everyone in GAF for the fun times over the years. Even though didn't group much for long time I've always enjoyed the interactions in chat and general community that has existed in the FC. So yeah, thanks for the great atmosphere.

Might return at some point to check out any big changes, but not overly hopeful at the moment.

I'll miss you the most.

rip. the dream is dead

gryvan

I'll miss you the most.

so does that mean your going pro MLG for overwatch?

Redx508

damn cya. till next ime

na he's going to japan to be a pro SFV player #KraelforEVO

GAF|BadRNG

BadRNG

Is there a minor league gaming. I don't have any aim, tactical skills, or situational awareness but I can point in the general direction of things. You can experience it for yourself next week!

Game can only hold some folks interest for only so long sadly
All things considered I'd say the game did a pretty good job holding my interest; I've played since Phase 3 of the beta, so almost 3 years straight? To be fair a good chunk of that is probably thanks to GAF and my static rather than the game by itself, but that's still a pretty good run for a MMO.

I am disappointed with how HW has failed to really change things up but its been a great experience overall. I think there is still potential here just not sure if they will be able to realize it; whether due to the often signed budget and staff constraints or some other reason
PS3 limitations

When is Krael going to get an r/kappa sponsorship?
I was expecting just a subreddit of the face, maybe an actual kappa, but not...that.

Jayhawk

Is there a minor league gaming. I don't have any aim, tactical skills, or situational awareness but I can point in the general direction of things. You can experience it for yourself next week!

Similar principles can be applied! Situational awareness comes from more experience with the maps and different heroes, so it's like learning how boss mechanics work and what each job in XIV does well and sucks at. Another common principle is that a dead DPS does 0 DPS. If you're used to anticipating and reacting to audio cues in XIV, you can apply those skills in Overwatch too! Tunneling in either game usually provides poor results.

MLG Krael incoming!

Squishy3

Definitely looks like we're revisiting Steps of Faith again

edit: oh huh, next warring triad storyline preview too. Looks like there'll be a solo duty in there. get to see what krile does other than be qhon's avatar. maybe she'll be a job hint like yugiri was for rogue/ninja?

ThinFinn

I woke up to find out our tank is leaving too.

Hope to see you back soon!

Thorgal

Has anyone have ever heard of an fc called Konvict gaming located on Odin?

Speaking of Odin, anyone know how the game scene is in there?

Thinking of transferring my main over there and leaving my alt on Cerberus if this fc is good.

Stalk

Has anyone have ever heard of an fc called Konvict gaming located on Odin?

Speaking of Odin, anyone know how the game scene is in there?

Thinking of transferring my main over there and leaving my alt on Cerberus if this fc is good.

I used to play on Odin and I used to be in KG. Used to run a static in it. As a whole the FC is really pretty friendly and most of the troublesome members have since left that were any pain anyway.

Odin is 50/50 really. I found a lot of the PF groups to have a lot of fairly toxic players but there are small gems. Community overall is pretty friendly but I wouldn't say it's as active as Cerberus which I recently transferred to.

Don't be turned off by the whole veto process KG has as well, just don't be a prat and you're fine basically.

You never did get my chocobo to level 20. What kind of friend does that?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

Who else is going to make drg jokes, come back

(Been nice playing with you, have fun in other, mmo-free games)

Village

Excuse me, I was in a dungeon and believe I saw an au ra with dreads

If i was hallucinating, where, where do I get them.

I need them.

Village

If it's the one I linked, I'm pretty sure it's a standard all races haircut from the Aesthetician.

CExyx81WgAAusgz.jpg

I have never seen that cut in all the time I have been playing, and I didn't play ff14 when I first got it so I could wait to buy the expansion so I could be an Au Ra

That is not in the hair cut parlor dude, and today was the first time I saw a an Au Ra with it

Tiops

It's new gatherer gear in 3.3, new red scrip gear for crafters in 3.4.

Are you sure about this? I belive what they meant is that in 3.3 you would be able to get new DoH/DoL gear that would be crafted, and in 3.4 they would add the ones you can get with Tokens. But it's still very unclear.

I just really, really hope that they don't use Red Scrips for the new stuff, or it will put crazy people that are hoarding Rowena's Tokens in a pretty big advantage.

Village

I jusst found out its gender specific, one of the few good looking black hair styles in the game and its gender restricted, this shit is lame

Top Bottom