• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

I guess i'm missing an inside joke or something with the "gross" comments on the live letter, but live letter is at 2 AM for me and i'll definitely be awake still to watch it

Ken

I guess i'm missing an inside joke or something with the "gross" comments on the live letter, but live letter is at 2 AM for me and i'll definitely be awake still to watch it

it's usually just what we know already with all the details that people care about saved for patch note. very little surprise i guess. at least we get pictures of new stuff out of it.

that or a 2 hour long youkai watch commercial

it's usually just what we know already with all the details that people care about saved for patch note. very little surprise i guess. at least we get pictures of new stuff out of it.

Ah, i see. I actually like seeing the new tidbits of information in every live letter so not too much of a concern for me.

that or a 2 hour long youkai watch commercial

Now it's my turn to say Ew

aceface

Date is the only thing left to reveal at this point. I was hoping for May 31st since lodestone usually posts those previews ~1 week before release but NA Twitter already said early June so whatever.

Omni

two birds down, two to go

50+ thordan runs and only seen two birds drop ;_;
Man. 104 Seph ex clears here and nothing.

I'm soooo tired of farming that fight. Very monotonous. Only time I like to enter now is when I'm helping friends learn it or just random clear parties. Not even thought about the other primal birds yet. Siiiigh.

Squishy3

Man. 104 Seph ex clears here and nothing.

I'm soooo tired of farming that fight. Very monotonous. Only time I like to enter now is when I'm helping friends learn it or just random clear parties. Not even thought about the other primal birds yet. Siiiigh.
I've put in my time, 116 runs of Ravana EX, some 40+ runs of Bis EX, 50+ of Thordan... yeah, I've been overdue. I did get a Rav bird last week, but again, 116 runs of Ravana. :p

Omni

Raid finder .

will only work with latest savage raids .

also allows you to practise a particular point of the fight .
It said that it doesn't actually skip phases though. It's just there so people who might join know where you're at in the fight. Or something

o.o

Squishy3

The question is I guess if people who haven't cleared the content will be able to queue up for practice and then if clearing practice will mark them as "eligible" to queue up for duty completion.

Practice mode which allows any player (cleared or not) to run it without affecting lockout. IE if you skip to A7S practice at reset and pick the right options, you will not be locked out of A5S/A6S? Least that's what the Mr. Happy stream said. You can NOT skip phases though, you can only say in the PF what phase you have seen up to and expect to get to in order to practice. So...not quite everything asked for, but a start?

Two of the same job not allowed to enter practice mode apparently?

Raid Finder applies to Data Center only? I missed the discussion on it. So does that mean people on Primal can play with each other across server for now for Midas Savage? Just not cross-data center yet?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
From what I understood Raid Finder is the new way to queue for the current raid, period.
i.e. as a full party you just use the Raid Finder, you don't go to the NPC anymore.
Therefore the clear flags still apply much in the same way they used to - in the screen shots only A5S was available with others locked out.

Squishy3

Two of the same job not allowed to enter practice mode apparently?
It seems like "other DPS" is allowed to be the same job, but 3/4 need to meet the diversity requirement, and then the 4th can be a repeat of any of the other 3 DPS' damage types? It'll probably be clarified more in the official forum translation.

No same job would be to prevent the LB reduction.

From what I understood Raid Finder is the new way to queue for the current raid, period.
i.e. as a full party you just use the Raid Finder, you don't go to the NPC anymore.
Therefore the clear flags still apply much in the same way they used to - in the screen shots only A5S was available with others locked out.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is is there a way for a person on Server X in Primal Data Center to use Raid Finder queue and end up with 7 people form Server Y, or it is only going to be like normal PF that only people on Server X can use, but now it has more options?

Basically, is there a way to play cross-server within your data cluster in an organized fashion to coordinate cross-server statics (again within same-data center). Or is it going to be like normal DF where you can try to tell people to queue up at same time and hope you get placed into the same group.

Just because I thought cross-server play/lobbies weren't coming till 3.5 at the earliest.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is is there a way for a person on Server X in Primal Data Center to use Raid Finder queue and end up with 7 people form Server Y, or it is only going to be like normal PF that only people on Server X can use, but now it has more options?

Basically, is there a way to play cross-server within your data cluster in an organized fashion to coordinate cross-server statics (again within same-data center). Or is it going to be like normal DF where you can try to tell people to queue up at same time and hope you get placed into the same group.

Just because I thought cross-server play/lobbies weren't coming till 3.5 at the earliest.

I think it just works like a really detalied DF.
Like you said, cross-sever communication isn't actually in yet.
But if you tryhard you can probably do it like PVP and queue for French language in coordination or something like that.

Thorgal

naamloos8ml44.png

naaml1oosnvb8p.png

was also a few more pic but missed it .

Eldren

I find it hard to get excited about alliance raid gear knowing it'll never be dyeable. The Vath gear looks fun though, it would be nice if in later patches they went back and added glamour to the older beast tribes too. HUD layouts and partial MB searches are a godsend. Is draw quality a PC thing? Like draw distance or something.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I find it hard to get excited about alliance raid gear knowing it'll never be dyeable. The Vath gear looks fun though, it would be nice if in later patches they went back and added glamour to the older beast tribes too. HUD layouts and partial MB searches are a godsend. Is draw quality a PC thing? Like draw distance or something.

It's DX11 shader effects implemented for PS4 is all.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
You get from 3 to 5 points to stats per catalyst feed.
3 is normal, 5 is very rare, so 96 or less.
Allegedly more options to get catalysts than with Unidentifiables.
The finished AW will have a different skin and 3 materia slots.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The first three are from the 24-man
Edit: catgirl lightning is wearing the tank set

The unsung hero.
Also hopefully this will shut up the "They're writing this in tandem with English team!" meme a little.

Top Bottom