• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

MechaX

I guess I'll get back to playing this game to fight Nidhogg, I guess.

Although, I have not touched Thordan EX, Savage Midas, or Sephirot EX, so hopefully I can just faceroll my way to a new weapon from Evil Dragon.

I guess I'll get back to playing this game to fight Nidhogg, I guess.

Although, I have not touched Thordan EX, Savage Midas, or Sephirot EX, so hopefully I can just faceroll my way to a new weapon from Evil Dragon.

join the discord so I can body you in fighting games

Valor

Pics pls.

Anything for you

5633058dfe.jpg

iammeiam

Some people have moved on to a new game with loot boxes after every level, instead of loot boxes after every weekly reset.

Maximum wipe efficiency, no waiting for CD resets. And we're still really good at getting farmed so it translates pretty well. Needs better hat options though.

Jayhawk

or to a game where they die every 20 seconds to a world boss

or both!

Maximum wipe efficiency, no waiting for CD resets. And we're still really good at getting farmed so it translates pretty well. Needs better hat options though.

I need to see Angary's Overwatching skills in action. With Emma also picking the game up, maybe Galen will join the team.

Note that MMR from the betas are saved, so don't team up with gryvan unless you want to play a bunch of pros.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Note that MMR from the betas are saved, so don't team up with gryvan unless you want to play a bunch of pros.
Well there goes my theory that we were getting super dumped on by one team last night because everyone starts at the same MMR.

I guess I can blame Rin for offsetting our MMR? Or Kawazi.

Wish we could see this mysterious MMR too.

gryvan

its not my fault I had to play against a top pro which accurately hit me like 80% of the time as lucio :(

also widowmaker 100% accurate shots like...wtf

Decided I'll just fill in for statics when I get an itch to raid, it's kinda fun trying out different roles. So used to going as NIN, a little different when you have to do things as SMN.

Tiops

"The cauldronmaster's alembic  you put up for sale in the Gridania markets has sold for 4,930,500 gil (after fees)."

It feels good to finally see the returns from the fucking millions I spent leveling my crafter.

Shahed

Okay I resubbed a few days ago and yesterday my WAR hit 60 and I finished the main Heavensward quest. Personally I found the story and quest structure far superior to A Realm Reborn and I hope it continues like that.

But now where do I go from here? Basically what's the fastest way to gear up that doesn't seem like too much of a hassle? I want to unlock Expert Roulette as soon as I can to make it easier to cap my Lore by the time the week ends, but I'm sub i150 at the moment and a long way away from doing those. So far I've been doing Daily's to get some Eso and I'm close to affording a weapon which I'll get with one more daily tomorrow. I've bought some stuff using Centurio Seals I've gotten from the Hunts to level my DRG, and I'll be getting more of those until that hits 60 as well.

But what's the route like? Do I farm Midas once my Ilevel is high enough? Clear it once and instead do Void Ark? I remember Hunts doing my head in during 2.3 but they gave away so much Myth back then it took all of a day to go from i50 to i90? Would that apply here as well or are they not as useful?

I did do one dungeon called Neverreap (sp?) but I struggled a bit there with holding aggro against the people who were item synced amd had to do short pulls due to my defense being low. I missed being able to do a big pull, pop a few cooldowns and getting 3 Decimates in a Berserk. Was fun and sped up the dungeon!

Okay I resubbed a few days ago and yesterday my WAR hit 60 and I finished the main Heavensward quest. Personally I found the story and quest structure far superior to A Realm Reborn and I hope it continues like that.

But now where do I go from here? Basically what's the fastest way to gear up that doesn't seem like too much of a hassle? I want to unlock Expert Roulette as soon as I can to make it easier to cap my Lore by the time the week emds, but I'm sub i150 at the moment and a long way away from doing those. So far I've been doing Daily's to get some Eso ane I'm close to affording a weapon which I'll get with one more daily tomorrow. I've bought some stuff using Centurio Seals I've gotten from the Hunts to level my DRG, and I'll be getting more of those until that hits 60 as well.

But what's the route like? Do I farm Midas once my Ilevel is high enough? Clear it once and instead do Void Ark? I'm remember Hunts doing my head in during 2.3 but they gave away so much Myth back then it took all of a.day tk go from i50 to i90? Would that apply here as well or are they not as useful?

I did do one dungeon called Neverreap (sp?) but I struggled a bit there with holding aggro against the people who were item synced amd had to do short pulls due to my defense being low. I missed being able to do a big pull, pop a few cooldowns and getting 3 Decimates in a Berserk. Was fun and sped up the dungeon!

Dailies, and any dungeons you have that can get you good amounts of Esoterics. You can buy i170 weapons with Centurio seals if you have any from hunts too. And while talking about hunts, any Heavensward hunts give both Lore and Esoterics, so it's not a bad idea joining a hunt party if one comes up. After getting an i200 weapon, run void ark at least once to get an upgrade material that you can trade your i200 gear in exchange for i210 gear. You get one Farthing per void ark run, trade it to Bertana in Idyllshire for either an Illuminati Gobdip (weapon upgrade), Illuminati Gobtwine (armor upgrade) or Illuminati Gobcoat (accessory upgrade). Then you trade in the upgrade item and the respective gear you want to upgrade to the Doman Outfitter (gamerescape shows X=6, Y=7 coordinates).

Also, do Vanu Vanu beast tribe quests. If you are max level you get 15 Esoterics per quest for 45 Esoterics a day

Shahed

Dailies, and any dungeons you have that can get you good amounts of Esoterics. You can buy i170 weapons with Centurio seals if you have any from hunts too. And while talking about hunts, any Heavensward hunts give both Lore and Esoterics, so it's not a bad idea joining a hunt party if one comes up.

Also, do Vanu Vanu beast tribe quests. If you are max level you get 15 Esoterics per quest for 45 Esoterics a day
After the pain of Hunts during 2.3 I've never been able to do them for any length of time ever since. I do however quickly do an A rank if I happen to be in the area and S Ranks if I hear of them.

I've never done Beast tribes before so they'll actually be a decent change of pace. Is Void Ark the best place to get Esoteric upgrade materials from?

aceface

You can also run Void Ark for i200 gear drops, which are unlimited now.

I'd say do void ark and get eso for i200/i210 gear, when you're around i200 or so do Midas normal for i220 gear and be saving up lore for i230 gear.

Also! If you have gil or crafter friends who are willing to make you things you can get crafted i220 gear, which is on par or better with Midas normal gear once you take into account overmelding of materia.

Shahed

You can also run Void Ark for i200 gear drops, which are unlimited now.

I'd say do void ark and get eso for i200/i210 gear, when you're around i200 or so do Midas normal for i220 gear and be saving up lore for i230 gear.

Also! If you have gil or crafter friends who are willing to make you things you can get crafted i220 gear, which is on par or better with Midas normal gear once you take into account overmelding of materia.

I've got like 1m Gil off the top of my head. I lost out on like 10m becuse of housing stuff :(

I just hope queue times for Void Ark aren't awful. Tank power goes out of the window there so I might have to run it with my DRG once that hits 60. I remember always doing Labyrinth of the Ancients as my Warrior since there were two tanks there, and the other two as a Dragoon. Still I'll have a new Tower to look forward to soon enough anyway!

dramatis

I've got like 1m Gil off the top of my head. I lost out on like 10m becuse of housing stuff :(

I just hope queue times for Void Ark aren't awful. Tank power goes out of the window there so I might have to run it with my DRG once that hits 60. I remember always doing Labyrinth of the Ancients as my Warrior since there were two tanks there, and the other two as a Dragoon. Still I'll have a new Tower to look forward to soon enough anyway!
If you bought a house and it's gone, you can visit one of the NPCs in the housing areas to retrieve your furniture and get a portion of your expenditure back (75%?).

Edit: If you're within 75 days since you last entered your house. Repayment is 80% of original payment for plot.

After the pain of Hunts during 2.3 I've never been able to do them for any length of time ever since. I do however quickly do an A rank if I happen to be in the area and S Ranks if I hear of them.

Install Guildworks. Not only will it block spam if you set it up right, but you'll get to see hunt notifications. You must be in a full party of eight to get the full reward.

I've never done Beast tribes before so they'll actually be a decent change of pace. Is Void Ark the best place to get Esoteric upgrade materials from?

You can run any individual dungeon a zillion times for the clear reward. As a tank, you'll get in nearly instantly. Void Ark can drop ilevel 200 gear (which is random), but you'll want to replace it with Esoteric gear since Void Ark also drops an item that lets you upgrade that gear from 200->210.

After that, you should clear to Alexander: Midas which drops tokens for ilevel 220 gear.

The Aetherochemical Research Facility requires ilevel 145 and gives 50 esoterics every time you clear it. Try to get to 145.

kvk1

or shout around for a hunting linkshell invite

i believe you need to pay for the version of GW that notifies of you of A/S rank pops

i might be wrong though

Top Bottom