• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Shahed

If you bought a house and it's gone, you can visit one of the NPCs in the housing areas to retrieve your furniture and get a portion of your expenditure back (75%?).

Edit: If you're within 75 days since you last entered your house. Repayment is 80% of original payment for plot.

I think I last entered my house during 2.5. I'm not sure what can do at this point. It's my own fault really because after getting a plot and house for the novelty of it, I quickly lost interest and should have just sold it before I took a (long!) break from the game.

Install Guildworks. Not only will it block spam if you set it up right, but you'll get to see hunt notifications. You must be in a full party of eight to get the full reward.

You can run any individual dungeon a zillion times for the clear reward. As a tank, you'll get in nearly instantly. Void Ark can drop ilevel 200 gear (which is random), but you'll want to replace it with Esoteric gear since Void Ark also drops an item that lets you upgrade that gear from 200->210.

After that, you should clear to Alexander: Midas which drops tokens for ilevel 220 gear.

The Aetherochemical Research Facility requires ilevel 145 and gives 50 esoterics every time you clear it. Try to get to 145.

I play on PS4 (although I do own the base PC version) so I don't think Guildworks would work for me. A quick look at it sounds quite useful though!

I'm at work now but when I get home and do my daily 1-3 Hunts and Roulettes I should have enough for the Esoteric weapon and a couple pieces of Centurio gear. That should make the next dungeon more manageable than Neverreap. Fractal something or other. I'd want to get into and start clearing Void Ark as soon as I can but the main target for me is to unlock Expert Roulette before reset day so I can cap Lore.

Thanks for the advice GAF!

Redx508

Va7jIof.png

1408.gif

Omni

Horrible? Maybe all but White Mage. Look at those trousers! Do want.

Kinda looks like World of Darkness stuff. But... worse. Noooo thanks. xD

I wonder what item level that will be. Since Nidhogg Ex is i220, it might help gear my alt classes. Maybe.

Tiops

Ixali quests helped me a lot when I was working on my crafters. I believe I got a few of them to 50 with the help of the quests and the daily turn ins. And they're not terrible quests too, at least nothing compared to Sylphs and other tribes from ARR.

ebil

I'm not a fan of that Mhach gear.

It's getting incredibly complicated to recruit people to raid with in FF14. We're having difficulty finding a suitable healer now, which I never would have imagined. I'm sure they're all busy not playing support characters in Overwatch.

aceface

I would have never even tried crafting/gathering except for the Ixal quests, those quests leveled my CUL from 1 to about 46 alone and I made a lot of gil in the process. I'm hoping these quests have a sealent equivalent so I can start rolling in gil again, especially since they seem to have implied that for new relic it can be either a time or a gil sink.

Randomrosso, If you have 99 leves banked you can level a crafter from 1-50 in a couple of hours, then you can start these moogle quests and get your mount. It's not that bad!

Edit: Here's raid finder

Quick tutorial on what to do if you haven't completed a floor yet

Robin64

Speaking of Beast Tribe quests, wasn't 3.3 supposed to increase rep with ARR factions? Sure I read it but havent heard anything since.

Omni

Randomrosso, If you have 99 leves banked you can level a crafter from 1-50 in a couple of hours, then you can start these moogle quests and get your mount. It's not that bad!
Well, I have a level 37 weaver that I've not touched in maybe 6 months. Capped on leves too.

Is it really that easy to get to 50? I remember the process of getting to just 37 being rather expensive and time consuming

iammeiam

itshappening.gif

Edit: Here's raid finder

"Cannot add members"--I've been expecting that restriction, but it's still unfortunate for people who think they'll be able to use this to learn fights without a largely preformed group. There is no vote kicking the guy who picked final phase to circumvent early wipes despite not knowing the fight at all (I mean, you can, but then you're stuck 7-manning the fight.) If you're queueing with 6 other people requeueing isn't too bad. If it's just you, it potentially gets more annoying. Depends again on how honest people are with their queueing choices.

"Cannot add members"--I've been expecting that restriction, but it's still unfortunate for people who think they'll be able to use this to learn fights without a largely preformed group. There is no vote kicking the guy who picked final phase to circumvent early wipes despite not knowing the fight at all (I mean, you can, but then you're stuck 7-manning the fight.) If you're queueing with 6 other people requeueing isn't too bad. If it's just you, it potentially gets more annoying. Depends again on how honest people are with their queueing choices.

Not expecting folks to be honest one bit when queueing.

ebil

I don't have much faith in NA/EU people being honest with their progress when queuing in Raid Finder.

This looks like it's tailor-made for the JP way of learning and clearing content. It's really great for them but I can't shake the feeling that it's going to be incredibly frustrating for us.

iammeiam

I'm actually trying to not be full on super pessimistic about it, because it is nice that they're trying something, but I'd agree it'll work much better for JP than elsewhere. Part of the problem isn't even people being intentionally dishonest--the game doesn't prepare players for the realities of Savage at all, and I think a lot of people won't get that they're in need of way more practice than they think. Nothing else in the game expects like... Doing mechanics and still doing something resembling a proper rotation. Just dying isn't enough if you're coming in at 500 dps.

aceface

Well, I have a level 37 weaver that I've not touched in maybe 6 months. Capped on leves too.

Is it really that easy to get to 50? I remember the process of getting to just 37 being rather expensive and time consuming

Well the fastest way does involve spending gil. Here's a list of the recommended leve items for 35-50 for weaver. Best case scenario is you buy stacks of these off of the MB to turn in, worst case you have to make them, which is better or worse depending on how good your gear is. You can also do Ixal quests for good exp chunks.

katagai

The ironworks gatherer and crafter gear makes me want to puke. Someone tell Cid that his company isn't allowed to make any more gear for us.

aceface

I'm actually trying to not be full on super pessimistic about it, because it is nice that they're trying something, but I'd agree it'll work much better for JP than elsewhere. Part of the problem isn't even people being intentionally dishonest--the game doesn't prepare players for the realities of Savage at all, and I think a lot of people won't get that they're in need of way more practice than they think. Nothing else in the game expects like... Doing mechanics and still doing something resembling a proper rotation. Just dying isn't enough if you're coming in at 500 dps.

Yeah, there's no way for dps to know they are not doing enough damage (Hey, I'm not dying, so I'm fine!) and no way for anyone to tell them without risking a ban. Maybe they should have made clearing the appropriate SSS a requirement, but even that doesn't account for being able to do your rotation and execute mechanics at the same time.

I know, right? :(

On the other hand, I have no crafters above 50, so I wonder if they'll be a good way to level those.

Wouldn't hurt, do those and daily turn ins (Go HQ if you can,if you have the gil) and you can get to 60 at a steady pace. Ixail is surprisingly good to speed level crafts to 25, since now you have 12 allowances and it levels up faster than the other ARR tribes.

Put it together with the new hairstyle and
lfEeYaG.gif

Made of win.

Which one is monk? Also as long as there are no subligars everything look awesome.

Probably the black one that's a palette swap of the white one which is the tank version I think.

I guess that's the way they're going to do it now? Just have Monk/Tank have different coloured versions of the same armor going by what they did with the Lore armor.

Leunam

Probably the black one that's a palette swap of the white one which is the tank version I think.

I guess that's the way they're going to do it now? Just have Monk/Tank have different coloured versions of the same armor going by what they did with the Lore armor.

Shame, because we missed out on potential Tremor Cuirass of Fending. :/

ebil

We're feasting on the remains of exploding statics; looks like we'll have a new WHM from next week, which means I'm back to SCH and murdering my group as the gorilla!

Valor

Yeah, there's no way for dps to know they are not doing enough damage (Hey, I'm not dying, so I'm fine!) and no way for anyone to tell them without risking a ban. Maybe they should have made clearing the appropriate SSS a requirement, but even that doesn't account for being able to do your rotation and execute mechanics at the same time.

The SSS dummies aren't even good for that either. While I feel you do have to know how to do your rotato to clear and 7 and 8 dummies at the least, the damage output is a little bit... not realistic.

The main problem with Midas Savage is that it's gonna be the mechanics, like you said, that is gonna doom a lot of people. Once you get mechanics down you have to have good dps, but yeah. If you can't dodge balls rolling at your face in 7 it doesn't matter how much damage you're doing. It's a rough situation for sure, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

IvorB

Well I for one am keen to try raid finder when I re-sub. I've always been curious to try the top end challenging content.

Squishy3

And I like for example could clear the A5S dummy with plenty of time to spare at launch of 3.2 but that still doesn't actually prepare a DPS for double-faust and hummelfaust because of how you need to optimize DPS between the two fausts and cooldowns on that fight.

Top Bottom