• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

GAMERG0D

nah i'm too lazy
i've played the game since 2.0 and my only 60 is blm, only have 2 other classes that are 50 for example (brd and sch/smn)
I've had DRG 60 forever and now I have BLM at 52, it's a pretty fun class but I hear it changes once the IV spells come into play.

Is anyone else noticing alot of low level Au Ra sprouts lately? If so, i'm surprised at how many players are buying the expansion even before making their character

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is anyone else noticing alot of low level Au Ra sprouts lately? If so, i'm surprised at how many players are buying the expansion even before making their character

They're all alts I created for testing fantasias. Every single one of them.

Squishy3

I've become a true healer.

Left the DPS that refused to eat fruit to remove their stacks during the final boss of Aurum Vale dead after he got OHKO'd. Healed him up every time before that, though.

Plus then I could actually DPS to my heart's content because holy shit there really is just no damage coming out of that fight aside from the burr hits.

FC group wants me to join them as a dragoon. Trying to learn the Dervy rotation only serves to remind me that dragoon just doesn't interest me or hook me as much as getting better at ninja, rip.

I've become a true healer.

Left the DPS that refused to eat fruit to remove their stacks during the final boss of Aurum Vale dead after he got OHKO'd. Healed him up every time before that, though.

Plus then I could actually DPS to my heart's content because holy shit there really is just no damage coming out of that fight aside from the burr hits.

I started healing a week ago, and i had a Tam-Tara run where a Lancer kept running ahead and pulling everything immediately instead of stopping to let the tank grab everything first. Like the 4th pull in we all sat behind and watched the lancer pull, and they didn't even stop attacking until they were at 25% hp, then frantically started to run around until they died. Even after that, the Lancer was trying to stay in the lead so much that the tank slowed down to try and get the lancer to facepull and kill themself again. Lancer behaved like that the rest of the run, but managed to not facepull any other packs. All 3 of us were telling the lancer to stay behind so they don't keep pulling but the lancer would not listen and respond at all whatsoever. Frustrating to come across players who just don't care about the rest of the party, so i really hope that lancer learned their lesson

Valor

Honestly 4 is going to help doing the daily dungeon so much more. Just hope they're 4 good dungeons to keep up the variety.

Negative. New Expert dungeons are Hullbreaker Hard and the Sohm something dungeons. Aquapolis is a treasure map dungeon and the Palace of the Dead is the Deep Dungeon they talked about before.

Kalentan

Negative. New Expert dungeons are Hullbreaker Hard and the Sohm something dungeons. Aquapolis is a treasure map dungeon and the Palace of the Dead is the Deep Dungeon they talked about before.

Oh... Oh.... :(

I remember once when there was three expert dungeons... that was nice. :( Sometimes I wish they made them scaling for the daily expert.

Omni

I was tanking Stone Vigil last night and the ninja kept pulling mobs from ahead. The third time that he did it, I just sat there and watched. He actually survived thanks to the healer, so then I asked in chat if he wanted to pull the next room and I just DPS.

"its just a game fam. don't take it so srs"

I don't care if people wipe or screw up or whatever. But it's frustrating to deal with that. I pull based on my CDs available and party composition. Running ahead and pulling packs of mobs makes more work for me, more work for the healer and is usually just a mess. If you want to tank, queue as a tank.

grumble grumble grumble

I'm better off doing the Heavensward beast tribe to get the unidentifiable items instead of the real reborn beat tribes right?

ARR doesn't take as long (13 instead of 18), but you're limited to one specific item.

Amallja - Bone
Sahagin - Shell
Kobold - Ore
Sylph - Seeds

I was fortunate to have two of these to rank 3 and just did the HW tribes for the other two on top of hunts and roulette.

Valor

Yep, that one extra dungeon really made the difference. /s

I mean... it apparently does to some people. To some extent it really does make a difference because at least while grinding dungeons for weeks for tomes gets boring, it's more boring when you get the same dungeon over and over again. 33% chance versus 50% chance to get a dungeon you may dislike. For some more crabby people that percentage chance is always 100, however.

Anyone know what armor set this is? Can't say I have ever seen someone wear it.

I mean... it apparently does to some people. To some extent it really does make a difference because at least while grinding dungeons for weeks for tomes gets boring, it's more boring when you get the same dungeon over and over again. 33% chance versus 50% chance to get a dungeon you may dislike. For some more crabby people that percentage chance is always 100, however.

That's why I liked things more pre-Heavensward when 50 roulette had a crap ton of possible dungeons that you could get.

I mean you can still do 50 roulette but you can't use any of the 50-60 abilities.

I'm better off doing the Heavensward beast tribe to get the unidentifiable items instead of the real reborn beat tribes right?
If you have all tribes at rank 3 there's no reason to do Vanu/Vath for tokens. ARR tribes will net you 4 tokens per 5 days, one of each or two of two types, while HW tribes will give you two tokens per 6 days.

If you don't have ARR tribes at rank 3, however, it's better to do the HW ones because they give currency for tokens right out of the gate.

Sifl

It's been 3 months and 4 dps and 4 adds=1 dps per add on a8 is still too great of a conundrum for ff14 duty finder to figure out.

Sifl

Because some of the dps still can't dps one of them by themselves fast enough
That's true, which is fine since some people que on alts which is understandable. I'm referring more to when you have 3 or god forbid 4 melee and no one wants to take the back 2 adds cause "muh dps, muh rotation". They just think something is gonna magically kill them. Or what I ran into earlier, 2 summoners spamming ruin 1 on the onslaughter instead of attacking the adds.

ebil

I bought my i230 SCH book today!... Then I realized I bought the Grimoire, not the Codex.
I feel so dumb.

Maybe my group won't notice if my glamour is convincing enough.

Thorgal

I swear i am not a tank guys .

ffxiv_dx112016-05-291ngq76.jpg

I punch and stab people for a living . also yes i am perpetually in angry/badass mode .

ffxiv_dx112016-05-291bdo72.jpg

dramatis

I bought my i230 SCH book today!... Then I realized I bought the Grimoire, not the Codex.
I feel so dumb.

Maybe my group won't notice if my glamour is convincing enough.
Ask GM to exchange the item.

If this is the first time you ever had to ask, they would probably do it.

ebil

Ask GM to exchange the item.

If this is the first time you ever had to ask, they would probably do it.
Isn't it a one time only thing though? I'm not sure I want to blow it on something that'll be replaced in 10 days if that's the case...

I'll just pretend Nocturnal Astrologian is all the rage these days.

I've finally cleared Ramuh EX with a party full of players who also hadn't beaten him. It was sheer jubilation when he fell, but I'll never have the patience to fight all these primal for the gear and mounts.

Wilsongt

I thought the final boss of Weeping city was familiar. It's Calofisteri from FFV. And those stone faces are also from FFV.

Lots of FFV enemies this time around.

Jaeyden

Two dungeons and a broken randomizer. Of all my roulettes I got Amdapor maybe 6 times this entire patch cycle. Seriously doing Antitower every single day sucks.

I started crafts and gathering for the first time yesterday and I must say it is actually very relaxing. The leve quest music makes me feel like I'm on a journey when I am mining. I think I'm gonna continue with it! What should I be leveling first though? I only have miner at 15 and weaver at 13 atm. My friends told me gathering is a great way to go first.

Cmagus

I like that MGP is very generous right now. Been playing the out on a limb game averaging 400-800 a play but that can depend if you can find a great spot quick. I can't wait till I get that turtle mount then the Gold Saucer can go away. I love how they made a mini game out of the 1.0 gathering system.

Top Bottom