• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

While the PC version has had this feature from Patch 3.0 with DirectX 11, from Patch 3.3 the PlayStation®4 will also be receiving features from DirectX 11. The quality up until now would be “Normal Quality”, so players seeking improved graphics should try out the “High Quality” setting. However, this may cause the framerate to drop by around 1 frame depending on when it is used. The default setting will be “Normal Quality,” so please try out “High Quality” starting in Patch 3.3. We highly recommend visiting Fortemps Manor in the main story, where you can easily see the difference in the polished floors.

dvv1Te9.gif

MogCakes

Does the PS4 version still have insufferable button press latency? I switched to PC full-time after noticing the gulf in lag difference.

Omni

Anyone just do A7 normal mode? Ran into someone who knew me from here. Well, my character's name I suppose (Keira Welch).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Check out the Hall of the Novice (npc is located in any of the Adventurers' guilds) and look up some tanking guides or videos. Or level up a DPS class if tanking in dungeons is too much.
Wow, the Hall of Novice stuff is new, sounds like it was custom designed for me too.

Omni

When you're out dps-ing an i230 Ninja on an i220 DRK in a Seph ex farm by a substantial margin

y3B13rI.gif

Also, I have a question. I already cleared A5S this week, but if I joined another group and helped them, can roll on the item in the chest? Saw a few PFs earlier that I was considering joining.

Sable Death Mask, and Fenrir. Been a productive week (Though it took me months to gather the 1 mil MGP because I didn't care for it until recent.)

Cj_2_RfUYAEs7UK.jpg:large

iammeiam

Also, I have a question. I already cleared A5S this week, but if I joined another group and helped them, can roll on the item in the chest? Saw a few PFs earlier that I was considering joining.

No; the loot window won't even pop up for you. They'll have to tell you what drops if you want to know.

You do get the 30 lore or whatever, but that's it. Well, that and the warm fuzzy feeling of helping out.

Valor

I have been power leveling my crafts to 15+ this week and even started the Ixali quests. Is there another recommended beast tribe I should be doing?

Most beast tribe quests are simple battle classes besides the ixal. If you want to do relic it's good to grab Sahagin/Amaljaa/Sylphs/Kobold and do them all if you can since they're decent sources of the 80 relic items you need.

Kobolds are the best though because they're the cutest.
Sahagin is good too.

Most beast tribe quests are simple battle classes besides the ixal. If you want to do relic it's good to grab Sahagin/Amaljaa/Sylphs/Kobold and do them all if you can since they're decent sources of the 80 relic items you need.

Kobolds are the best though because they're the cutest.
Sahagin is good too.

I'm only like 30/80 (not counting turn ins) for a second relic and I'm not concerned one bit about it, xD. Well, I usually do 3 vath and vanu to level my pld which is 57 tomorrow but once I hit 60 I may just do arr beasts exclusively. How many weeks to level them to max?

Omni

Sooo... pretty much a buffs across the board. Interesting.

Code:
Venomous Bite	[INDENT]Potency of the venom effect has been increased from 35 to 40.[/INDENT]
Windbite	[INDENT]Potency of the wind damage over time effect has been increased from 45 to 50.[/INDENT]
Blunt Arrow	[INDENT]Potency has been increased from 50 to 100.[/INDENT]
Flaming Arrow	[INDENT]Potency has been increased from 35 to 40.[/INDENT]
Mage's Ballad	[INDENT]Damage reduction on self has been changed from 15% to 10%.
Cast time has been reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.[/INDENT]
Army's Paeon	[INDENT]Damage reduction on self has been changed from 15% to 10%.
Cast time has been reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.[/INDENT]
Foe Requiem	[INDENT]Cast time has been reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.[/INDENT]
Battle Voice	[INDENT]Recast time has been reduced from 300 to 180 seconds[/INDENT]
Empyreal Arrow	[INDENT]Potency has been increased from 220 to 230.[/INDENT]
Sidewinder [INDENT]Potency when target is suffering from both Venomous Bite and Windbite has been increased from 250 to 260.[/INDENT]

Robin64

Huh, I figured that Sohr Khai and Hullbreaker Isle (Hard) would be added to Expert Roulette giving a chance of four different dungeons when selecting that. Instead, those two alone are the new Expert Roulette and The Antitower and The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard) have been moved to Level 60 Dungeons instead.

Also no Mhachi Matter from Void Ark anymore, boo. That was a super-easy 500k a week right there. It's been moved to Weeping City of Mhach instead, which will probably still be easy but not as easy.

Wow, and they added NPC Materia Melders. You just need gil and the materia you want to meld, don't need a catalyst. Advanced melding isn't included though.

Edit: Holy shit! "Players can now hide quests from their duty list"

Huh, I figured that Sohr Khai and Hullbreaker Isle (Hard) would be added to Expert Roulette giving a chance of four different dungeons when selecting that. Instead, those two alone are the new Expert Roulette and The Antitower and The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard) have been moved to Level 60 Dungeons instead.

It is always like that every patch. Nothing new, honestly. I wish they would do that to mix it up but I'm pretty bored of Anti tower having ran it a gazillion times.

Edit: Very excited for this patch..... I hope I can make the best of it.

Ken

Oh hey it's that spooky Xaela Au Ra girl that randomly appears and fades away in Idyllshire.

Oh the piggy outfit is mgp

Eldren

/gbarrel

Time to start playing MCH again.

There's some decent stuff in this patch. Some nice quality of life improvements, good looking gear (praying the Vanu/Vath stuff is dyeable and that one set that looks caster-ish isn't PVP but it probably is), and lots to do in general. I don't have any crafters at 50 though because I don't have the patience so I won't be getting the puffball mount any time soon.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Eggs over Queasy
Before:
Required Level: 6
Prerequisites: Players must first complete the main scenario quest "Chasing Shadows."

After:
Required Level: 7
Prerequisites: Players must first complete the main scenario quest "An Eft for Effort."

Finally, the game is saved!!!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
2.0][3.0] New materia melder NPCs have been added to the following areas:
Limsa Lominsa – Lower Decks (X:5.9 Y:12.2), Ul'dah – Steps of Thal (X:14.2 Y:10.5), Old Gridania (X:14.3 Y:10.0), the Pillars (X:8.0 Y:10.3), Idyllshire (X:7.4 Y:4.7)

I have been spending my time leveling crafting so I can do my own melds. Got WVR and GSM to 60 already. Then they add an NPC to do it... ah well, guess I can skip doing LTW.

Robin64

I have been spending my time leveling crafting so I can do my own melds. Got WVR and GSM to 60 already. Then they add an NPC to do it... ah well, guess I can skip doing LTW.

Well you can't overmeld with those NPCs, so there's still a reason for you to carry on.

ebil

20% more barrier on Aspected Helios does not magically fix Nocturnal Astrologian but it's a very welcome addition and a good start. 30s Spread is exactly what I wanted and expected when they first announced they were making it easier to manipulate the cards. It didn't make any sense to have it on a 1 minute timer and can now be used very liberally to alleviate the RNG factor. I don't think there'll be a lot of complaints with cards now, it's going to be easy to set up good combos.

NIN AOE buffs are neat, they will make dungeons less frustrating. It's interesting that they chose to (significantly) buff Katon, it's now strictly better from 2 targets in every situation.

And so many BRD buffs...

iammeiam

Song fixes for Bard are nice. Be interesting to see how the rest pans out.

Raid Finder is going to start imposing iLevel minimums on people doing current tier raids (everyone, since direct Hinterlands access is being removed):

[3.0] Players must meet the following item level requirements to participate in Alexander: Midas (Savage):
Duty Average item level
Alexander - The Fist of the Son (Savage) 215
Alexander - The Cuff of the Son (Savage) 220
Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage) 225
Alexander - The Burden of the Son (Savage) 225

Which would have sucked had this been in place week 1. I don't see i245 requirement for A9S going over super well, so I'll be curious to see if they continue that next tier.

Munba

No CD reset after death? Mmh i'm pretty sure they showed it during live letter... hope this is a ninja fix.

ebil

No CD reset? Mmh i'm pretty sure they showed it during live letter... hope this is a ninja fix.
They didn't show a CD reset. Mr Happy (I believe? didn't watch his live thing, only read the thing later on) thought there was so it carried over into Marko's translation and Reddit. There never was a CD reset, Yoshida's CDs were on cooldown when he wiped himself during the Live Letter.

I want that new aiming set SO BAD
Song fixes for Bard are nice. Be interesting to see how the rest pans out.

Raid Finder is going to start imposing iLevel minimums on people doing current tier raids (everyone, since direct Hinterlands access is being removed):

Which would have sucked had this been in place week 1. I don't see i245 requirement for A9S going over super well, so I'll be curious to see if they continue that next tier.
Yeah, week 1 would have been awful since it would basically lock out everyone from Savage unless they had full crafted gear lol. It doesn't really matter now since Midas NM no longer has weekly restrictions besides for the Gears, getting to ilvl 215 shouldn't take more than a couple hours if you do it as a group.

I like that they increased the chance for you to get a map while gathering...sometimes that could take a bit too long for my tastes and I'm gonna want to get those dragonskin maps much sooner than before now.

NIN buffs are a nice start, still wish we could use goad on ourselves but oh well.

iammeiam

Yeah, week 1 would have been awful since it would basically lock out everyone from Savage unless they had full crafted gear lol. It doesn't really matter now since Midas NM no longer has weekly restrictions besides for the Gears, getting to ilvl 215 shouldn't take more than a couple hours if you do it as a group.

Yeah, my concern is less about it making a big deal right now (we're late enough in the raid tier nothing matters!) and more that it would be a problematic position for next tier. The week one gates on 5 and 6 will would basically mandate crafted immediately, and setting 7 and 8 at 225 from the get-go I think would have actually derailed early prog since the highest you could infinite grind and crafted yourself to was 220. Saving for the weapon would have meant multiple DPS going without any lore buys for the first few weeks, relying on drop RNG to push you high enough to get into the next fight in the tier wouldn't be great, etc. It mostly currently sucks as an arbitrary wall for taking alt jobs in.

I do wonder if this leads to a situation where they introduce next tier with an i240 minimum across the board and then bump it up in the catchup patch.

Omnicent

Reading the famitsu translation from slycer got my hopes up for a more substantial Noct buff.
I mean a 20% increase to Aspected Helios shields is a pretty good start, but wish there were changes so Noct worked better with some of the OGCD.
At least spread is now 30s instead of 60s now.

Since NIN is my main dps I will always welcome some AoE buffs, so thats good to see.

Also SE please bring that Sole Survivor pvp addition to PvE!
I was hype as fuck when I saw that change and then I saw for "PvP".
Don't get me wrong SS is nice to slap on before adds die, but thats it. This would give it some other use in PvE.
Maybe they are testing the waters via PvP?

Well at least the 3 jobs i play have some additions across the board.

Leunam

Also SE please bring that Sole Survivor pvp addition to PvE!
I was hype as fuck when I saw that change and then I saw for "PvP".
Don't get me wrong SS is nice to slap on before adds die, but thats it. This would give it some other use in PvE.
Maybe they are testing the waters via PvP?

A straight up 10% Vulnerability debuff would be huge if used in PvE. I think it would be too much honestly.

Really happy about being able to buy Replica Anima weapons. I love the Almace and Ancile models, but I really don't like the glow they're sporting now.

iammeiam

Some post-buff Bard math. A lot of the long-term wisdom of the buffs is going to depend on how next tier is designed since despite what Yoshida has been saying they just buffed Bard to be markedly ahead of MCH DPS in sustained single-target. Which is fine but continues the sense of them winging class balance via random potency changes.

This tier a meh MCH did more damage than a meh Bard and I don't think the buffs change that so fight design will be a thing.

Top Bottom