• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

A straight up 10% Vulnerability debuff would be huge if used in PvE. I think it would be too much honestly.

Really happy about being able to buy Replica Anima weapons. I love the Almace and Ancile models, but I really don't like the glow they're sporting now.

You can buy replicas already once you get a hyperconductive weapon (it's introduced at the end of the cutscene if I recall correctly, so I don't expect they'll change it to make it available earlier).
I expect that what they meant is that they're adding hyperconductive weapons to the list once you get the next step.

jAc35Iq.png

LI8qFbC.jpg

More Last Remnant. \o/
Oh please let this be MNK gear.
Though weeping city garb is slowly growing on me.

And wow, BRD getting buffed! Mine is back at 51, and it's making me reconsider... though that would mean I'd have to do relic for it.

dramatis

Flowerpot Plants
Players can use their flowerpot to cultivate seeds, which will yield materials for gear as well as flowers for their estate flower vases. Oldrose seeds, which can only be cultivated in flowerpots, are available in eight color variations, and players will be able to influence the ratio of these colors and the total crop yield by using the following fertilizers:

Red Pomace: increases the frequency of red
Blue Pomace: increases the frequency of blue
Mountain Pomace: increases the frequency of yellow
The return of the goddamn chocobo coloring system

You will be able to purchase the items listed below in exchange for Althyk lavender and voidrake crops.

Althyk Lavender
Adamantite Nugget x1 / Aurum Regis Nugget x2 / Abalathian Rock Salt x5 / Titanium Nugget x3 / Hardsilver Nugget x4

Voidrake
Gold Ore x3 / Darksteel Ore x3 / Volcanic Rock Salt x5 / Cobalt Ore x6 / Silver Ore x8
waaaaaaaat

Omnicent

A straight up 10% Vulnerability debuff would be huge if used in PvE. I think it would be too much honestly.

Really happy about being able to buy Replica Anima weapons. I love the Almace and Ancile models, but I really don't like the glow they're sporting now.

It's Trick Attack but on a 120s CD instead of 60.
They would still have to lower the vulnerability debuff to around 5% (or somewhere around 6.67%) in PvE.
SS duration is 15s, so it needs to be lower otherwise it's trick attack but better (lasts 50% longer) in burst situations.

Honestly they probably wouldn't even add a 5% vul debuff to SS in PvE, so nothing to really worry about.
I just thing it would be nice to have a use for SS outside of add phases, dungeon trash pulls, etc.

Also, that Last Remnant Conqueror Gear/Glam looks awesome. I will be one of many using it probably.

ebil

I'm not expecting any major change to the way jobs play before 4.0, it seems well beyond their development capabilities. They'll keep tweaking casts/recasts, costs, durations and potencies but that's about it. One year to go!

I'm not expecting any major change to the way jobs play before 4.0, it seems well beyond their development capabilities. They'll keep tweaking casts/recasts, costs, durations and potencies but that's about it. One year to go!
Well, they reworked Paean in 3.2 and are reworking parry in 3.5, nothing is stopping them from at least fiddling with Bloodletter a bit.

ebil

Wellz they reworked Paean in 3.2 and are reworking parry in 3.5, nothing is stopping them from at least fiddling with Bloodletter a bit.
Paean rework wasn't anything major though? They changed the cast/recast and gave it an esuna effect on top of the debuff preventing effect. I mean, there's nothing mechanically new there.

As for the changes to Parry, let's see how they rework it (and if they manage to get it done for 3.5 in the first place) before stating this is anything major.

Leunam

You can buy replicas already once you get a hyperconductive weapon (it's introduced at the end of the cutscene if I recall correctly, so I don't expect they'll change it to make it available earlier).
I expect that what they meant is that they're adding hyperconductive weapons to the list once you get the next step.

Damn. Was looking for this when I first got my relics just didn't know where to go. Is it in Azys Lla as well?

Leunam

It's a node on the same platform that Gerolt and Ardashir are standing on.
It'll only be there if you've completed a hyperconductive anima weapon.

Thanks. I'll grab my weapons tonight. I didn't get to enjoy my non shiny weapons because I already had the five items required on hand for the latest step. I guess not every Relic has an awesome glow like Verethragna or Ukonvasara.

iammeiam

Well, they reworked Paean in 3.2 and are reworking parry in 3.5, nothing is stopping them from at least fiddling with Bloodletter a bit.

They seem to react pretty much entirely to measurable metrics, and unfortunately Bard playing worse after 3.0 wasn't enough to force a major change in the playerbase. It wasn't until Hypercharge and Midas encounter design made MCH return better damage for the same investment that people fled BRD en masse, so the damage is what they addressed, and if this draws people back and flips back to the days of 3:1 BRD:MCH it'll vindicate them treating the clunk complaints as just talk.

Valor

I don't know about everyone else, but I wouldn't want any major core combat class changes in the middle of an expansion. Like an overhaul or anything. I'd rather they do those larger scale gameplay tweaks for the next expansion for sure. At least this way you can spend some level getting used to the new style instead of it upending the system you had been using just yesterday in the middle of a raid tier.
Don't fight it any longer. Come back to the sisterhood with sandpie!
S-sisterhood?

They seem to react pretty much entirely to measurable metrics, and unfortunately Bard playing worse after 3.0 wasn't enough to force a major change in the playerbase. It wasn't until Hypercharge and Midas encounter design made MCH return better damage for the same investment that people fled BRD en masse, so the damage is what they addressed, and if this draws people back and flips back to the days of 3:1 BRD:MCH it'll vindicate them treating the clunk complaints as just talk.
Well, either way I'm putting down my bow once 3.4 drops, I'm not gonna try and deal with Bloodletter in its current state at over 1100 crit lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Those knee-jerk BRD buffs, lmao.
I guess if you think about it running both BRD and MCH isn't impossible.

Jayhawk

I don't know about everyone else, but I wouldn't want any major core combat class changes in the middle of an expansion. Like an overhaul or anything. I'd rather they do those larger scale gameplay tweaks for the next expansion for sure. At least this way you can spend some level getting used to the new style instead of it upending the system you had been using just yesterday in the middle of a raid tier.

S-sisterhood?

You also apparently have a harem large enough to fill a 25-man raid for a Legion static, according to ThinFinn.

Valor

Wilsongt

Why even talk about Acropolis and deep dungeon in the patch notes if they are not coming until July?

Edit:

In other news, I guess I can finally start working on Ixali next week and stock up Control IV matreria.

Squishy3

Why even talk about Acropolis and deep dungeon in the patch notes if they are not coming until July?

Edit:

In other news, I guess I can finally start working on Ixali next week and stock up Control IV matreria.
Only Palace of the Dead isn't coming until 3.35, and isn't even mentioned in the notes. Aquapolis is being added.

Still hoping DRK's evade and parry mechanics are either replaced entirely or redone to actually work with a better system than right now. Blood Price means you want to be hit, contradicting increased evasion and blind from charged Dark Dance and charged Dark Passenger, and Dark Dance only exists to proc Reprisal earlier

Just hoping DRK is looked at after all the major job issues are done being adjusted, especially to get out of being stuck as a PLD replacement

I'm getting really tired of Seph EX now. Like.... so put off the people can't farm it properly. I'm very ready for Nidhogg.
I refuse to farm that fight until the next tier comes around. The only thing these farm groups are farming is wipes.
Still hoping DRK's evade and parry mechanics are either replaced entirely or redone to actually work with a better system than right now. Blood Price means you want to be hit, contradicting increased evasion and blind from charged Dark Dance and charged Dark Passenger, and Dark Dance only exists to proc Reprisal earlier

Just hoping DRK is looked at after all the major job issues are done being adjusted, especially to get out of being stuck as a PLD replacement
I really hope DRK gets a pass when they rework parry in 3.5

Thorgal

the alure proved too much for me and i switched back to Black little pussycat .

still contemplating on what ill do when i reach endgame . level another class ? level crafters ?

so much to choose , so little time .

Do we think they will rework parry into something more defensive or offensive? Like parry can scale like crit and block more when it does, or add a riposte auto attack of sorts that scales with the amount of damage the 29% parry actually prevented?

Wazzy

Banned
Yay just did Odin takedown about 20 minutes ago. Got 5 mantles plus the achievement so I went and picked up the barding. The gear is great but I would only have use for it when my DK is 60 which I'm not really focusing on atm.

Vashetti

Banned
[2.0] A new option has been added to Frame Rate Settings under the Display Settings tab of the System Configuration interface. (Only for PlayStation®4).

Players can now choose the following settings:

High Quality
Scenery and lighting in the game will be displayed in optimized quality.

Standard Quality
The game will be displayed in standard quality.

Interesting.

Top Bottom