• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Thorgal

IF you can't beat them ,you join the master race .

ffxiv_06062016_012053oqs3f.png

Also shiva pose shot bonus .

I'm almost able to be a summoner. Is it worth taking to 60? What are the current good endgame classes? Ty

Every class/job is useful, it's up to you to determine what you really like to play.

I juggled around different jobs before settling on MNK, avoided it because "oh noes, positionals!" but it became the least button bloated DPS I've came across.

Thanks to those who helped with doing A8 earlier today.

Managed to get up to item level 204 so I might just buy one of the Lore accessories which should pump me over 205 so I can do all the new story stuff.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Haven't played for a while, but grabbed a month subscription to go through the main story and new dungeons. What I'm really excited for is the new 3.35 dungeon, but I don't want to have stuff left from 3.3.

I juggled around different jobs before settling on MNK, avoided it because "oh noes, positionals!" but it became the least button bloated DPS I've came across.

I gave up on SMN because... all the damned buttons. I play SCH more often, ironically.

BLM doesn't have a whole lot of buttons, but you get to be a turret juggling two timers instead.

Omni

Thanks. Those buffs worry me... haha. But I guess once I learn positions and stuff it should be okay. A lot more damage than I was expecting from the passes though (I'm a healer).

Really wish we could practise specific phases. The height and group mechanic on the third boss can be tricky and cause a few wipes. Only been in A6 maybe four times though, so eh. Maybe it'll get better.

Robin64

So the recipe for Cordial is:

Filtered Water
Rosemary
Trillium
Aloe
Apricot

Water Crystal x7
Lightning Crystal x5

What ballpark level do you think we'll need to be to craft that?

Edit: Wow, the DoL gear from red scrips is now from blue scrips. Expected it to be cheaper, but not "you can get this in an evening if you want" cheaper. As a fresh level 60 fisher and miner, I welcome this.

GAMERG0D

Twilight over Thanalan and On Windy Medows music in the new orchestration rolls, patch saved *_*
I want the Gubal Library theme and Hevavensward boss theme, "Ominous Prognisticks".

So the recipe for Cordial is:

Filtered Water
Rosemary
Trillium
Aloe
Apricot

Water Crystal x7
Lightning Crystal x5

What ballpark level do you think we'll need to be to craft that?

Edit: Wow, the DoL gear from red scrips is now from blue scrips. Expected it to be cheaper, but not "you can get this in an evening if you want" cheaper. As a fresh level 60 fisher and miner, I welcome this.
Apricots seem to be a level 50** thing, so probably 50. Also anything requiring crystals and not shards are usually 50+, so it's definitely that.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Upgraded Ramuh and Bismarck weapons seem like reasonable and not at all misplaced effort.

Edit: Nidhogg is described as a "dreadwyrm". I bet Horde weapons are actually reusing Dreadwyrm model which is why there's no dyeable dreadwyrm weapons.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
People loved those glamour moogle and garuda weapons, so why not I guess.

Except I'm not sure if anyone likes any of the Bismarck weapons. Anywhere.

Well now.

AtAwFl7.png

Wonder what will be there. The guard talks about how it's a housing area for Gridanian nobles.

It was where the market wards in 1.0 were maybe? I don't honestly remember.

It was where the market wards in 1.0 were maybe? I don't honestly remember.

Nope, the markets were where nowadays the exit to North Shroud is, south of the Botanist guild.

That exit at the north has always been closed, even in 1.0, where it existed too. Officially, it is the entrance to the residential zone of the city, where NPCs live and that, so it mayba has to do with the appartment housing content that should be released in 3.4.

katagai

They're not useless!

You can turn them into blue tokens!

(You can also buy IV's with them, and I assume the old stuff will be cheaper with the converted blue scrips but I dunno).

Guess that's at least something. Glad I was too lazy to max out my weekly scrips before maintenance, otherwise I would've wasted them on more tokens.

ebil

Wow, they finally buffed CUL and ALC, that's great.

The following recipes have increased yields upon successful synthesis:
The quantity of items synthesized has been changed from one to three
EVERYTHING

Thanks. Those buffs worry me... haha. But I guess once I learn positions and stuff it should be okay. A lot more damage than I was expecting from the passes though (I'm a healer).
Not sure these guides have been updated but post nerf and with current health values the debuff passes actually aren't very threatening at all anymore.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I want the Gubal Library theme and Hevavensward boss theme, "Ominous Prognisticks".

Apricots seem to be a level 50** thing, so probably 50. Also anything requiring crystals and not shards are usually 50+, so it's definitely that.

Ink Long Dry... Is that the Library song?

Jaeyden

Please don't tell me that all my red scrip tokens are worthless now.

Umm, you need red scrips for the Goblin Cups and Goblin Dice.

Edit : NVM, wait I'm not sure what they mean by 50 X Red Crafter/Gatherer Scrips. They call the Blue tokens - Blue Crafters Scrips...so IDFK.

Is anybody having an issue on the PS4 EU server ?
I just resuscribed to the game yesterday after a few months and I can't play it, I get this message : "Unable to complete version check."
If I have to download the game again it's going to take days...

Edit :
The game is currently in a 24 hours maintenance for patch 3.3. It'll be up again tomorrow by 10 GMT.

Ah, thanks ! I picked the wrong time to buy a new subscription it appears, too bad, I had a couple of days away from work this week. I should have kept myself better informed !

ebil

Is anybody having an issue on the PS4 EU server ?
I just resuscribed to the game yesterday after a few months and I can't play it, I get this message : "Unable to complete version check."
If I have to download the game again it's going to take days...
The game is currently in a 24 hours maintenance for patch 3.3. It'll be up again tomorrow by 10 GMT.

iammeiam

Boo. Boo them fixing this:
An issue wherein completing the challenge log objective “Meld Your Heart” on a non-Disciple of the Hand class would grant experience points to that non-Disciple of the Hand class.

Boooooo.

Is final steps msq? Or whichever it is that drops 235 weapon

HM is MSQ, so weapon version will require you get to and beat the MSQ version first.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm at lv34 and ready to do Titan, what's left after that in order to get into Heavensward?

Well now, it'll finally be worth it to craft those upgraded potions now, finally!

lol they fixed the bug where battle jobs could get they exp from melding five materia in a week, oh well.

I thought only the services they listed would be down. Kind of upset since I lose a day of anima grinding but also happy I don't have to do it.

So this'll be my first day 1 of new content, do people normally just wing it since no one knows the mechanics?

Top Bottom