• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Robin64

Seeing that all housing plots are gone on practically every server already. Crazy.

I assume hardware needs are the only thing stopping them just adding shitloads?

Omni

Jesus Christ that relic step

It looks worse than the old one. Unless of course you can afford to buy 1000 demimaterias or whatever. Siiigh

Robin64

CLGAuYG.png

Amazing.

IvorB

This patch reminds me how I was able to log in and play the early Heavensward stuff as soon as it came up because it was during my year off. Now I'm back at work and all I can do is read about it :-(. Have fun everyone! I'm thinking to resub for this patch but I think it might be too soon still and I have some other games I still want to play. But I'm really tempted 'cause playing it when everyone is new to it is really cool.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Interesting, Moonfire items are actually fairly easy crafts (use Mariner Cloth though so rip Market Board) instead of event rewards.

Wazzy

Banned
Just cleared Weeping City. Was a fun dungeon if not a little frustrating at times. Final fight was easier to learn than Ozma.

Moaradin

If they haven't yet they should soon--the yield per craft went from one to three, so prices should drop appropriately. Same holds for pretty much every food--Steamed Staff might even become acceptable default food.

That sounds pretty awesome for me. I hate making food lol

Had barely enough for a small house, but I didn't bother. Anything you can lose if you stop playing for a while is a definite no in spending gil on.

I got everything unlocked before going to work. Anyone run the new dungeons/raid yet?

Arkeband

Banned
Seeing that all housing plots are gone on practically every server already. Crazy.

I assume hardware needs are the only thing stopping them just adding shitloads?

This is one of the most glaring, red-thumb examples of how they utterly fail at so many aspects of common sense game design.

This problem would be alleviated if you could only have one house per account. PERIOD.

As it currently stands on the most populated servers, certain FC's and obscenely rich players have scooped up all of the plots for reselling. The prices of these plots could have been any imaginary number you dreamt up, it wouldn't have stopped those with unlimited cash from extorting their servers for more.

This has been a problem since 2.0, they advertise housing additions every patch, ignoring that most players will probably never own an actual fucking house, for circumstances completely outside of their control.

8oTKBMv.png

dat location :D

They'll get a stern warning.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I should've went with the main story instead of the new 24 man dungeon. After half an hour we almost beat that ball (9% or 14% left), but one of the tanks from a different party put the meteor in the wrong spot killing our whole party.

All those tier IV elemental materia are actually useful, and the MB price gougers wasted no time to jack the prices on my server lol. So I've hoarded the wrong materia apparently.

I'm also confused about that step, each sand gives you one point, I was assuming RNG would grant 1-5 or I've misread what Yoshi was saying. Looks like I'll be doing lots more hunting, capped out allied seals but guess those will go towards ventures and aetheryte tickets. GC seals are useful again for moonstones and can leve for amber vilekins. At least there's more diversity but man it's going to take a while.

All those tier IV elemental materia are actually useful, and the MB price gougers wasted no time to jack the prices on my server lol. So I've hoarded the wrong materia apparently.

I'm also confused about that step, each sand gives you one point, I was assuming RNG would grant 1-5 or I've misread what Yoshi was saying. Looks like I'll be doing lots more hunting, capped out allied seals but guess those will go towards ventures and aetheryte tickets. GC seals are useful again for moonstones and can leve for amber vilekins. At least there's more diversity but man it's going to take a while.
The RNG is 3-5, not 1-5. You'll need at most 80 turn ins.

Leunam

Was cleaning out my inventory on Sunday and of course I sold 14 Moonstone. Pffft.

How do the new PvP presets work? Is it like another gearset? I deleted my PvP/PvE hotbar swap macros in anticipation and also because I hardly use them.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
You're a long way from Heavensward. You still have to do all the main game stuff, then the crap ton of content that came out in later patches, then you'll have Heavensward, then the crap ton of stuff there is to do after the main Heavensward scenario is done.

FFXIV is one MMO where there is an absolute ton of stuff for new players to do, in terms of story content and optional dungeons and stuff.

Look forward to it.
I figured it was kind of weird that my marauder hunting log starts to ask for Heavensward area monsters at level 33...you really can't finish your log without getting the expansion?

Robin64

I figured it was kind of weird that my marauder hunting log starts to ask for Heavensward area monsters at level 33...you really can't finish your log without getting the expansion?

There aren't any Heavensward monsters at level 33, so I think you may have misread the zone name or something.

Jaeyden

Coerthas Central Highlands is an ARR zone. Coerthas Western Highlands is a Heavensward zone.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The Final Steps of Faith is kinda ridiculously uptuned for a public instance. It certainly is an amazing fight, but... Between this and Ozma, I don't even know what they're thinking.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The Final Steps of Faith is kinda ridiculously uptuned for a public instance. It certainly is an amazing fight, but... Between this and Ozma, I don't even know what they're thinking.

Yeah...took 6 or 7 attempts for Nidhogg.

Just beat the 24 man with less then 10 minutes to spare.

Top Bottom