• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Well, finally completed the main story quests. Imo, the best storyline in a while but I'm ready to leave Ishgard now. On to Ala Mhigo or Garlemald! I really enjoyed the Nidhogg fight! It was a bit tough at first but the party got everything together in the 2nd df run so it was only 10 total wipes. Not that bad for a new trial. Now EX.... on the other hand, I am dreading.

Looks like Warriors of darkness storyline is continuing next patch. Excited

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Nidhogg's Babyrage is a pretty interesting fight. Not too overwhelming, I guess if I had to place it, it's about A5S difficulty?
Still gotta get to the red phase though.

Allard

Well, finally completed the main story quests. Imo, the best storyline in a while but I'm ready to leave Ishgard now. On to Ala Mhigo or Garlemald! I really enjoyed the Nidhogg fight! It was a bit tough at first but the party got everything together in the 2nd df run so it was only 10 total wipes. Not that bad for a new trial. Now EX.... on the other hand, I am dreading.

Looks like Warriors of darkness storyline is continuing next patch. Excited

I am at work so I can't finish it yet but is that
Warrior of darkness tease
really the teaser at the end of the story? If so the coming storyline around it is what the expansion is going to focus on. Yoshida basically said end of 2.3 would give us a hint what is coming next.

aceface

Aquapolis is fucking dope. That is all.

We had a fun moment earlier 4 manning it with..."oh hey this is pretty cool not too bad OMFG A GODDAMN MINOTAUR"

Also got to the 4th room always picking right...then I messed up and picked left...never pick left!! There's a reason why left handed people are evil...

Jeels

Good to finally have a full journal again.

CkYriM_UYAEt7vJ.jpg:large

Also, they really improved the graphics on PS4.

Cmagus

I don't know if anyone noticed yet but they changed the orchestrion so that the sound isn't based on position and camera anymore but the song just plays everywhere.

Kalentan

I've been wondering. With the inclusion of the "Warrior of Darkness", does that mean they will be using different characters for the cinematics now?

Tiops

Tried opening some Dragonskin maps with our static:

KSBPhb1.png

fmVnNXq.png

Got on the last room with 3 maps. Some lucky people got a few minions, some glamour stuff and Materias V (battle and gathering).

But everyone got 100k+ and around 60 Lore.

So, it's $20 on newegg with the expansion, yes, no? I kind of feel like playing an mmo.

In terms of mmo I've only played runescape a ton way back when and recently elder scrolls for a bit, it was kind of lack luster though.

So is there any point in buying a house if you only play occasionally? My Free Company has the money but we all play together at the same time (there's only 3 of us) and we tend to take breaks...but I also know that a lot of stuff is semi-locked to people without houses.

rubius01

Welp, GARF VA was a success. Fun was had by all, but unfortunately we couldn't time out. Which begs the question: How in the living fuck were we able to time out LotA?

Are there any planned Mhach runs on wednesday/ tomorrow? I was at work the entire 2 runs so i still haven't had a chance to run it, and i want to run it first time with GAF if i can

Redx508

Are there any planned Mhach runs on wednesday/ tomorrow? I was at work the entire 2 runs so i still haven't had a chance to run it, and i want to run it first time with GAF if i can

if we can get 24 players sure. and drama still needs to run it

So, it's $20 on newegg with the expansion, yes, no? I kind of feel like playing an mmo.

In terms of mmo I've only played runescape a ton way back when and recently elder scrolls for a bit, it was kind of lack luster though.

yep https://slickdeals.net/f/8813691-fi...laystation-4-for-19-99-ac-s-h-more-newegg-com

Thorgal

So what's everyone's goals in 3.3!?

Here's mine:

[ ] Get the Moonfire set

Do all relic steps.

Level a healer.

Do 700 trials and dungeons to get mentor status.

Do an additional 2000 trials and dungeons to get mount.

Level a gatherer and crafter.

Celebrate if I haven't lost my Sanity by that point. Then do the same on my alt

I'd say my goals for 3.3 are:

[ ] Level up a healer to 60

[ ] Fix my free company situation by joining a new FC or inviting more to mine

[ ] Level up a crafting class

[ ] Get more familiar/comfortable with raiding and tanking high level duties

Valor

[ ] Keep informing people that purple circles in Nidhogg don't do jack shit

The first group I was in for normal was adamant about the circles. Wouldn't pull until everyone called one. We wiped while standing in the circles.

We eventually abandoned after one wipe where we stood in the circles and "they lit up like they were activated". They were sure that mechanic was bugged.

It surely wasn't being slow killing the adds. Nah. They've never had a timed add phase where you'll wipe if you don't do it fast enough. Unheard of.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
are you pug-learning EX?

Well, it applies to normal as well but yes. It's quite possibly easier than A5S (though Shiva still reigns as the ultimate Extreme pushover) but you know how people are.

It surely wasn't being slow killing the adds. Nah. They've never had a timed add phase where you'll wipe if you don't do it fast enough. Unheard of.

I just don't understand. You have to have put at least 150 hours into this game just getting here. How have you not made at least some basic observations about how it works?!

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Stand in the circle anyway, like timing DRG LB3 with his stolen super (if the timing doesn't work for that in Extreme I'm going to be sad). Rule of cool > mechanics.

Tiops

I sent a video showing purple circles doing nothing and people still didn't believe me. Said that they probably reduce the damage then. I insisted that it didn't matter.

We wiped twice without stepping in the circles, they blamed the circles, I said "fuck it step on them if you want". Then in the try we decided to step on them, we passed the DPS check and didn't die.

"See. Circles."

Top Bottom