• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Oh i was going to ask if there were any small houses on ultros because i was thinking to jump servers but it seems they're gone everywhere?

This game sucks sometimes

Nose Master

I haven't played in about a year. I think. Whenever the last ST floor was released. What's the best mid-tier trash gear I can get relatively quickly?

ebil

Vote Abandon in The Wiping City. If one of the three groups doesn't have it together during Ozma it's pretty much impossible to clear.

The raid really reminds me Labyrinth with individual teams having a bit more responsibility, which is a good thing.

Qvoth

done everything other than weeping city and nidhogg ex
hullbreaker hm is pretty lame imo
quest for hauchefant emote is even worse
wtzgU.gif

Can't play till later but I'm glad to hear the new stuff is a bit challenging.

Better play it quick before the nerfs come in.

Also the final tier of the Alexander raid should be interesting given the
time travel stuff
hinted at at the end of the current questline. I hope they do something interesting with that.

Leunam

All these stories about how hard some of the new content can be is making me happy.

I'm sure that joy will fade after the fifth wipe.

Valor

Reddit is saying they cut down on oGCD animation lock in 3.3?

That could potentially have major impact for Bard and decent impact for anybody trying to double-oGCD.

Yeah. It's very smooth now. People are even saying double ogcd + potion is buttery smooth. I did a wildfire rotato after someone mentioned it and I actually had some time after QR/Reassemble before my gcd was done spinning. Everything flows very nicely. Definitely need to try that out on bard later on.

iammeiam

Can confirm, OGCDs are fucking smooooooooooooooooooth

EDIT - Some more testing, there's zero clipping in the opener, I can straight up double OGCD into the barrage Empyreal and not lose time yessss

So a bunch of random directionless potency buffs when the real bard boost sounds like they fixed playability? Curious to see the impact this has on Bloodletter usage.

...super curious why they didn't do this alongside introducing Minuet.

this may be the most hype thing in the patch to me

Guess Who

Banned
I wasn't going to resub but as a disgruntled bard main, hearing they fixed oGCDs has me extremely tempted.

And hearing the new story is good helps too, I guess.

So I just tried some Bard parsing with the new OGCD changes in mind

I'm doing 200+ DPS than I was doing two days ago with the same gear

Someone hold me, I'm doing almost 1700 fucking DPS with no pots at i228, eat my shorts machinists

It doesn't matter since i'm a DRK, but i sense no changes in oGCD's and i have tested before that double-weaving oGCD's cuts into my GCD. Tried it again, same exact result.

Omni

I use this macro on my Bard

/ac "flaming arrow" <t>
/ac "flaming arrow"

Before the patch, it would do what you would expect it to. Place a flaming arrow at the feet of my target. Saved a lot of time.

However today I've noticed that it no longer does that. For it to work, I need to deselect the enemy and select it again. Which is extremely clumsy. Anyone know what's up? Same goes for my shadowflare and salted earth versions.

I use this macro on my Bard

Before the patch, it would do what you would expect it to. Place a flaming arrow at the feet of my target. Saved a lot of time.

However today I've noticed that it no longer does that. For it to work, I need to deselect the enemy and select it again. Which is extremely clumsy. Anyone know what's up? Same goes for my shadowflare and salted earth versions.
Maybe it's because you're putting both the targeted and normal versions on the same macro? Mine goes like this
Code:
/macroicon "Flaming Arrow"
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>
/ac "Flaming Arrow"<t>

I've had zero issues using it today.

I'm new to the game and am a white mage. I'm so lost. I really want to continue the main story line because it really feels like a Final Fantasy game but I'm stuck at the one where you need to enter the antitower =\ It requires ilevel 180 and I'm only ilvl 142. I did the msq up to here and pretty much every dungeon that I can but I don't remember any of them dropping gear 180+ =\

I'm new to the game and am a white mage. I'm so lost. I really want to continue the main story line because it really feels like a Final Fantasy game but I'm stuck at the one where you need to enter the antitower = It requires ilevel 180 and I'm only ilvl 142. I did the msq up to here and pretty much every dungeon that I can but I don't remember any of them dropping gear 180+ =
You need i145 to do level 60 dungeons that sill net you the gear you need to get to i180. Buy some extra gear at Azys Ila

kvk1

really enjoyed the new story quests

the pre/post cutscenes to the fsof fight were superb

and the fight itself...dear oh dear

Squishy3

I'm new to the game and am a white mage. I'm so lost. I really want to continue the main story line because it really feels like a Final Fantasy game but I'm stuck at the one where you need to enter the antitower =\ It requires ilevel 180 and I'm only ilvl 142. I did the msq up to here and pretty much every dungeon that I can but I don't remember any of them dropping gear 180+ =\
You should've amassed some tomestones of esoterics by now, which are able to be used to purchase item level 200 gear at a NPC in Idyllshire. And as mentioned above you should get to level 145 (there's a vendor that can knock you up to it) so you can run Neverreap and Fractal Continuum as that'll unlock level 60 roulette, which I mention below.

You can run level 60 roulette , as well as trial roulette once a day to earn bonus tomestones. Additionally, at the same time running these roulettes (albeit at a reduced rate as it's the newest endgame currency) you'll earn lore tomestones which can be used to buy item level 230 gear.

For now your next short term goal be getting to item level 175 which will allow you to do the dungeons introduced in patch 3.1, Saint Mocianne's Arboretum and Pharos Sirius Hard, which will drop item level 185 gear, as well as allowing you to do Alexander: Gordias and Void Ark. Alexander Gordias drops tokens that can be redeemed for item level 190 gear (1 chain for a belt, 1 bolt for an accessory, 2 lens for a head piece, 2 pedals for a foot piece, 2 cranks for gloves, 4 springs for legs and 4 shafts for a chest piece.) which while not the fastest way to gear up you can get some quick accessories and if you advertised that you had a first clear bonus in party finder you'd probably get some people willing to run you through it and teach you it, plus you'll need to clear it eventually to run the next wing of Alexander.

Void Ark drops item level 200 gear, which isn't upgradeable but in addition each time you run Void Ark you get an item which can be used to upgrade the gear bought with the esoterics tomestones.

You can use http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Heavensward_Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content as a reference to see if you missed any optional content and while it makes no mention of what's outdated in terms of progression it will point you towards the item levels required for stuff. You can pretty much ignore Bismarck and Ravana Extreme at this point as far as progression goes because their only point is weapons and you can just buy a better weapon with the Esoteric tomestones.

Top Bottom