• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

dramatis

I don't know, just seems kind of OP to me in the universe...

I just feel like you aren't guaranteeing it is destroyed that way...what is down in that Abyss?
1) Nidhogg literally made a dragon body out of two eyeballs stuck on the shoulder and arm of a human dude. You going tell me it's OP for the protag side to
heal up Hraesvalgar when he still had one of his eyeballs and he just healed up with his own? HW story also said Nidhogg managed to revive using one of Hraes's eyeballs.
The whole thing was born because Ishgardians were power hungry and killed
a dragon for her eyes, not to mention lol Bahamut's rage lasting some 3000 years and Tiamat still bloody alive in Azys Lla.
Pretty sure it's not OP in the universe.

2) Obviously they're not destroyed. They passed through a portal to the Soul Calibur universe and became a weapon.

I kind of wish we could use Lore towards anima/relic. I've stuck with one job because I found it difficult to play as others. Just love the MNK playstyle is all.

Sort of taking my time with this new step, though I'm expecting at my pace to have it done by the end of the month or early July. Not a big fan of the end result... sawblades on gloves.

Whoops. I thought I was good until next Tuesday, but apparently my subscription goes poof today or tomorrow.

I'll be taking the summer off for the usual travel and other stuff.

Village

My character looks like a sky pimp, i need you to make that title now SE

We made it to the end today.

Ok could you or someone explain to me how those dungeons exactly work, I wanna start doing them, but I don't wanna join somoene's group and be a burden and know nothing.

Village

Question for all those who know,
Do the new mighty versions of the ramuh drop weapons only come in crafting form or can you trade it in with an item like the others?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Ok could you or someone explain to me how those dungeons exactly work, I wanna start doing them, but I don't wanna join somoene's group and be a burden and know nothing.

There's not much to know. You just clear out some mobs in the room and then loot the treasure. Afterwards you pick from one of two doors. One door leads on, the other door ends your instance. The only reason it is hard to make it to the end is because after each room you only have a 50% chance of moving on.

Jaeyden

There's not much to know. You just clear out some mobs in the room and then loot the treasure. Afterwards you pick from one of two doors. One door leads on, the other door ends your instance. The only reason it is hard to make it to the end is because after each room you only have a 50% chance of moving on.

I think speculation is that one door is guaranteed and the other is a 50/50 chance whether you go through or not. At least that's what it feels like. Of the 8 or 9 times I've been there almost all of them we've gotten to at least door 5 and have even finished it once.

1) Nidhogg literally made a dragon body out of two eyeballs stuck on the shoulder and arm of a human dude. You going tell me it's OP for the protag side to
heal up Hraesvalgar when he still had one of his eyeballs and he just healed up with his own? HW story also said Nidhogg managed to revive using one of Hraes's eyeballs.
The whole thing was born because Ishgardians were power hungry and killed
a dragon for her eyes, not to mention lol Bahamut's rage lasting some 3000 years and Tiamat still bloody alive in Azys Lla.
Pretty sure it's not OP in the universe.

2) Obviously they're not destroyed. They passed through a portal to the Soul Calibur universe and became a weapon.

Wait,
I thought it was implied that the Ascians/Warriors of Darkness picked up the eyes?

Sorian

Banned
Wait,
I thought it was implied that the Ascians/Warriors of Darkness picked up the eyes?

It was

I keep getting 3 treated sands. I hate rng bullshite, honestly. Maybe on a good day I'll get more but the requirements are all rng according to Yoshi P.

I still don't believe that anyone gets more than 3 per umbrite. I'm sure there is reddit proof somewhere that someone can throw at me but no one I've asked has said they've gotten more than 3.

aceface

I think speculation is that one door is guaranteed and the other is a 50/50 chance whether you go through or not. At least that's what it feels like. Of the 8 or 9 times I've been there almost all of them we've gotten to at least door 5 and have even finished it once.

Well of the 8 or 9 times I've been in there the farthest I've made it is the 4th floor and I've gotten kicked out on the first or second door most often. Feels like rng to me.

Oh definitely.

That's great to hear. I need to learn more of the fight but I'll have a clear in a few weeks if I get everything together. Seph ex was actually cake but random people kept wiping me and the people who knew the fight. I hope it won't be the same. How many phases does this one have then? I tend to think the Minstrel ballad ones are always harder.

aceface

I'm really loving this patch so far, there's a lot of stuff to do. So far I've done weeping city and finished the msq but that's it. Still have to do the warring triad quests, post msq quests, hildebrand, hullbreaker hard, new frontline map and unlock Moogle quests. Then after all that there's relic. Deep dungeon sounds meaty too when they release it, just hope it's not a dud like diadem. As a casual (it's true!) I tend to prefer the odd patches. Even patches are great for the raiders but it seems all those amount to is endless ex roulettes and the raid.

MogCakes

I'm actually hyped to get home and play the game again. That hasn't happened since 3.0. Going to clear the content tonight and try to farm a gear piece.

Omni

Oh definitely.

I think that unless you're in a very well coordinated group, then most parties are gonna hit a wall at the claw and fang phase. Which is far more punishing than anything in Seph ex. Seems like everyone has to be on point otherwise it's a wipe.

studyguy

AQUAPOLIS
Is literally
Throwing
Money
At
Me

Holy fuck, I'm drowning in it for real.
We've made it to the last floor 3 times last night.

Also we're trying to nidhogg 100% blind.
So far we've gotten up to fang claw after one day of trying.
Seems fun as hell.

Squishy3

AQUAPOLIS
Is literally
Throwing
Money
At
Me

Holy fuck, I'm drowning in it for real.
We've made it to the last floor 3 times last night.

Also we're trying to nidhogg 100% blind.
So far we've gotten up to fang claw after one day of trying.
Seems fun as hell.
Yeah I went through like 4 the other day and we encountered a bunch of treasure goblins and I gained like 400k gil.

That's not even factoring in stuff that's sold since then.

This might be a silly question but aquapolis requires treasure hunts right? How do you unlock and do them? I want to do aquapolis it sounds awesome but I've never done treasure hunts

This might be a silly question but aquapolis requires treasure hunts right? How do you unlock and do them? I want to do aquapolis it sounds awesome but I've never done treasure hunts
You need a gathering job maxed out to get dragonskins maps but you just need to do a level 36 quest to be able to decipher and you can just join a party to do them.

You need a gathering job maxed out to get dragonskins maps but you just need to do a level 36 quest to be able to decipher and you can just join a party to do them.

Bah. What's the fastest way to level up a gathering class? My highest is botanist at around 24...

Yeah crafting and gathering are way lower than any combat class. That's probably why I'm so poor in the game...

Bah. What's the fastest way to level up a gathering class? My highest is botanist at around 24...

Yeah crafting and gathering are way lower than any combat class. That's probably why I'm so poor in the game...
Evaluation levequests ad nauseam. Just spam the leves with the green robed migote plate.

suzu

Grind guildleves/levequests and the daily provisions at your grand company. Also make sure you do your class quests. Eat random food for exp buff.

Wilsongt

My group had terrible aqua luck. Did maps for 5
Hours and only cleared once on our last map, only made it to 6 once, and only saw minions twice.

Qvoth

got wind up echidna from void ark 1 :O
doing void ark 1 because you need mhachi farthing as well for the lore upgrade items

ebil

Today I learned that Nidhogg Ex has an enrage after his third rotation in the final phase (might be timed as well but the timer has to be ridiculously lenient).

got wind up echidna from void ark 1 :O
doing void ark 1 because you need mhachi farthing as well for the lore upgrade items
Grats! Speaking of this minion, does anyone know how much the drop rate has been increased? I have like 12 farthings so I wanted to skip Void Ark forever but the minion would be a decent incentive for me to go back if the drop rate is decent, as I have never seen it drop.

Squishy3

Today I learned that Nidhogg Ex has an enrage after his third rotation in the final phase (might be timed as well but the timer has to be ridiculously lenient).
Nah it's probably like Seph where you don't kill him after the second storm of words that's the enrage. Nothing like Brute Justice in A8S where he just keeps throwing out raid-wide damage until the healers can't heal people anymore.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Third rotation? Wow. Every group I was in kills him early in the second one (or dies to sable price).

So I'm at 21/240 now for the relic growth. Mostly just been getting the poetics things. I would say I will have it in a month maybe? It all depends if I can commit to it. So I'm gonna max out crit, obviously for ast but I'm not sure if I should go with spell speed or piety or a mix of both. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom