• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

v1perz53

Thanks for the help! Though I should clarify what I meant when I mentioned soloing. Seems like everything is very viable for all solo content, but more what I meant was challenging content not meant to be soloed (that often doesn't really offer much for rewards either, just a challenge). I guess the closest parallel I can draw would be soloing group content or older raids in WoW, mostly a personal challenge more than an actual proper means of play. It is one of my favorite things to do in MMOs, solo things that are really not meant to be, and I was wondering if there was a class that lends itself to that in this game, or if such content even exists or is doable. I have no idea if you can even load into group content without a group, or if things would just scale down to you.

I guess in simplest terms what would be the class that would need the least number of levels above a dungeon's intended level to be able to solo it, if there is such a class and soloing dungeons is even ever possible.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, looking forward to diving in!

Reszo

Whats so special about Eikon Hides and Fibers? That shit sells like hotcakes on the marketboard. I just make 1.8 million blowing all my esoterics on them to sell.

Guess Who

Banned
Thanks for the help! Though I should clarify what I meant when I mentioned soloing. Seems like everything is very viable for all solo content, but more what I meant was challenging content not meant to be soloed (that often doesn't really offer much for rewards either, just a challenge). I guess the closest parallel I can draw would be soloing group content or older raids in WoW, mostly a personal challenge more than an actual proper means of play. It is one of my favorite things to do in MMOs, solo things that are really not meant to be, and I was wondering if there was a class that lends itself to that in this game, or if such content even exists or is doable. I have no idea if you can even load into group content without a group, or if things would just scale down to you.

I guess in simplest terms what would be the class that would need the least number of levels above a dungeon's intended level to be able to solo it, if there is such a class and soloing dungeons is even ever possible.

For soloing content you've overleveled, Scholar (which is the Healer job that branches off from Arcanist) is a popular choice because it can do a good bit of DPS and it can heal itself.

Well, for that kind of stuff the best job is probably Summoner. You can heal yourself, do a lot of damage and you have a tank pet to divert aggro from you.

You're gonna have to be quite overleveled and overgeared for that kind of stuff though, and not all dungeons will work because of party mechanics.

While it was something I had been considering for a while, it looks like the game decided for me and appointed a new GM. I know things are in good hands so I'll leave it up to leadership to decide what happens going forward. You guys and gals know you can always reach me through Discord or PM. I am open to passing on the website and Discord or can continue managing both if that is preferred. Just reach out and let me know.

There is a lot I could say here but I will keep it short and sweet. I love the community and GAF has been absolutely amazing throughout the years that I played. I had a great time and made a lot of lasting friendships that will continue with or without the game. I'm still looking forward to what 4.0 might bring but I think I'm out for now. See you on the other side...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Could you and Straw still show up in Discord so we can talk about Donkey Boat Fishing Adventures?

For the first time I got my feet wet in PVP, shatter is mind boggingly fun. Maybe because it reminds me so much of if Dynasty Warriors went full online with Final Fantasy characters. First match we lost, but you get Eso, Lore, and marks. And it's around 20 min so in a sense I might of found a fun way to farm esoterics for new anima step.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Hogg's enrage is just Deafening Bellows. How lame, I hoped he'd use a supercharged Akh Morn instead of just roaring at us really hard.

don't ask

Grisby

So the Feast stuff has slowed down? I remember getting into games in a hot second and it was wayyyyy easier to grind lore. Now it says more than 30 mins.

rubius01

Funny, i was just talking about that in FC chat. It's great the drama got it as she's put in so much consistent work.

I expect all we'll hear is just a chours of /no

I have to thank Square Enix for making the new EX dungeons pretty fun and super fast for runs. It makes good eso and I always was annoyed that you can't pull the whole first room in Antitower because the platforms are separate.

You will be missed, but I understand if you feel it's time to move on then I fully respect your decision. Here's hoping to run into you somewhere again someday. o7

And now, we officially enter the age of /no.

MogCakes

Tanking calofisteri center is how she's supposed to be tanked, I don't understand why people think they can hold her at edge. One screw up on the turn and she cleaves the whole arena, yet I continually see tanks with their epeens erect trying to hold her at edge.

Squishy3

I one shot it on trial today! So no!
I watched DPS repeatedly get hit by the Shadow Dragon during the adds phase and we hit the lockout.

At least in Weeping City even if the stuff is simple it requires 23 other people knowing what to do and all of them to be able to handle mechanics. ( say this because of Ozma, if someone gets targeted with a meteor and has no idea what to do that's a wipe)

I watched the same people get hit by the Shadow Dragon despite someone saying everytime they get hit that you just need to walk behind him, to the side, or run backwards to avoid the attack, they still get hit.

What is so hard about walking away from something that runs up to you, very clearly telegraphs "Hey, I'm gonna hit you, you better move" and still refuses to do so? There's only 4 people (well, more, but the tank and healers' jobs are pretty easy in normal) responsible for not causing a wipe during the adds, and I certainly knew how to dodge the Shadow Dragon's attacks.

i really want that fending body armor from weeping city but not spending 30 minutes as tank queue only to get paired with a shit group getting bodied by Forgail for an hour. just going to roll on any piece and try on tuesday

shit!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
People who resub for patch days and can't hold a controller will eventually trickle out as they usually do.

Of course, Yoshi promised us lots of promotions and free access periods to come :V

Just finished the the Final Steps and all of 3.3.

lYufOET.gif

Beautiful

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Frontlines: Shatter is legit awful.
Oh shit Mael fed Flames again now we have no chance of the first place.
It's hardly even PVP.

Sifl

I told a healer that they can't slow rez the other healer during ahk morn and got the response "Don't tell me how to heal". Set the df on fire.

ebil

I can't stop listening to Final Step's theme while working. It's so good.

Syncs so well with the action in Final Steps Ex too.

So I just needed 1 more unidentifiable bone in order to be done with the 210 anima quest, I got it this morning and headed to to the chick to turn over all the materials. Only to see that I needed 4 of each of the HQ craft items and I thought it was only 1 of each and bought that on the market board which drained the paltry ~2 mil Gil I had. So with 300k left I've hit a road block since to get the craft items will more than likely be too damn difficult. I was so close guys, I could see the finish line after like 2 1/2 months:,(

Talk about a gut wrenching feeling. Guess I'll level my DoH classes...

Also how can you tell what are the hot items for Mb on your server?

So I just needed 1 more unidentifiable bone in order to be done with the 210 anima quest, I got it this morning and headed to to the chick to turn over all the materials. Only to see that I needed 4 of each of the HQ craft items and I thought it was only 1 of each and bought that on the market board which drained the paltry ~2 mil Gil I had. So with 300k left I've hit a road block since to get the craft items will more than likely be too damn difficult. I was so close guys, I could see the finish line after like 2 1/2 months:,(

Talk about a gut wrenching feeling. Guess I'll level my DoH classes...

Are you on Ultros? Crafters in the FC can probably give you a hand.

At least in Weeping City even if the stuff is simple it requires 23 other people knowing what to do and all of them to be able to handle mechanics. ( say this because of Ozma, if someone gets targeted with a meteor and has no idea what to do that's a wipe)

Even one meteor per group is okay. It's when they start coming in multiples that you have issues.

Tiops

Our group is finally able to reach Vortexer, and we're close to not mess up Swindler anymore (Height + Enumeration after the snipers are still wiping us some times).

Am I being foolish to believe we can clear the fight with 8 more hours of practice? Should I expect more?

Valor

Our group is finally able to reach Vortexer, and we're close to not mess up Swindler anymore (Height + Enumeration after the snipers are still wiping us some times).

Am I being foolish to believe we can clear the fight with 8 more hours of practice? Should I expect more?

It depends on how well the group takes to Vortexer and the strats. Some take a bit longer to wrap their heads about elemental passes than others, but I think 8 hours is a decent enough timeframe. Could take less but it depends on how quick the group picks things up.

Village

Oh yeah I got it maybe I'll glamour it later in life but I love my current glamour set right now.

I had it on for a little white, dyed it jet black. Then i switched it for the sky pirate coat of fending, i combined that with that adamant fending helm that is like fray's and some other stuff, I look like a super villain right now.

Top Bottom