• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Frumix

Suffering From Success
IWBRKtK.jpg
It's confirmed, buttwings were just colored wrong, the design was solid.

aceface

Any fellow Ultrosians/gaffers interested in doing Weeping City together after reset? I do Alex Savage on Tuesday nights so I'm thinking Wednesday night at 9pm Eastern if anyone else wants to group up. The more people we get hopefully it will make getting the upgrade token more painless.

kvk1

Do I dare try The Weeping City. I guess it's now or never since reset's tomorrow

DF cleared it this morning first time. It was a proper challenge, with some wipes, whining alliance members, etc. here and there, but it was wholly satisfying.

People will be looking back fondly at this period of the Weeping City in a month or so when it becomes a "bore" again.

So even though it may seem a frustrating struggle, it's best to experience in its earliest and most challenging state, I think.

Dive in sooner than later.

Valor

Any fellow Ultrosians/gaffers interested in doing Weeping City together after reset? I do Alex Savage on Tuesday nights so I'm thinking Wednesday night at 9pm Eastern if anyone else wants to group up. The more people we get hopefully it will make getting the upgrade token more painless.

Hmm. I may be able to make it on Wednesday night for that.

ebil

Meh, got excited over getting a Twilight over Thanalan orchestrion roll only to discover it was mislabelled (it's actually the 1.x Black Shroud theme).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If your base game is steam then you have to get the expansion off steam too.

You're stuck with Steam, unfortunately. I got my expansion for $20 from a Square-Enix sale.

On the plus side, odds are more than likely that the Steam Summer Sale is coming shortly.

It's not. I actually have the original game, so I just need to download the client for the base game and log in. Least that's my understanding of how Legacy worked.

Redx508

i am down for that

maybe we can get 24 players

Squishy3

It's not. I actually have the original game, so I just need to download the client for the base game and log in. Least that's my understanding of how Legacy worked.
if you have a legacy account you should be able to buy from anywhere then as far as my knowledge goes

aceface

Still think the game would have been better if they made the Middy minion a wisecracking sidekick who made fun of you and the other scions the whole time.

ThinFinn

While it was something I had been considering for a while, it looks like the game decided for me and appointed a new GM. I know things are in good hands so I'll leave it up to leadership to decide what happens going forward. You guys and gals know you can always reach me through Discord or PM. I am open to passing on the website and Discord or can continue managing both if that is preferred. Just reach out and let me know.

There is a lot I could say here but I will keep it short and sweet. I love the community and GAF has been absolutely amazing throughout the years that I played. I had a great time and made a lot of lasting friendships that will continue with or without the game. I'm still looking forward to what 4.0 might bring but I think I'm out for now. See you on the other side...

Noooooooo!.....

You should have joined us in Mhach before leaving!

Jaeyden

Maybe stupid question but how do three alliances join the raid together, is there an option I've never seen or do you all try to join at the exact same time...or does it only work with inter FC alliances?

Ayumi

Long time, no see~ I just re-subbed! My main is on Atomos, but I am considering moving to Ultros. I already have a character there, but I think her level is very low.

How is the popularity/activity on Ultros? I started over on Atomos because no one was online when I was (evening JST). But someone said the new patch has improved it a lot?

ebil

Maybe stupid question but how do three alliances join the raid together, is there an option I've never seen or do you all try to join at the exact same time...or does it only work with inter FC alliances?
All 3 group leaders must be in the same zone (I think) and the parties need to be full. Alliance leader right clicks the other leader names through search/FC/friendlist and selects the Alliance option. There's a window that pops with Alliance details and when everything has been checked by the game you get a message saying that the Duty Finder is ready. Alliance leader then uses the DF to enter the raid.

I tried it last week with half FC, half randoms. It worked well enough but it's clunky. If someone leaves during the Duty you also cannot replace them at all and it sucks as an idiot decided to ragequit after the first wipe.

Jaeyden

All 3 group leaders must be in the same zone (I think) and the parties need to be full. Alliance leader right clicks the other leader names through search/FC/friendlist and selects the Alliance option. There's a window that pops with Alliance details and when everything has been checked by the game you get a message saying that the Duty Finder is ready. Alliance leader then uses the DF to enter the raid.

I tried it last week with half FC, half randoms. It worked well enough but it's clunky. If someone leaves during the Duty you also cannot replace them at all and it sucks as an idiot decided to ragequit after the first wipe.

Thanks a ton!

MogCakes

Of the 10 hours I spent playing and not doing more healthy things with my time yesterday, 8 of them were spent trying to get a gear drop from Weeping City, 2 of the 6 groups I joined managed to clear the thing, 3 got walled at Ozma until the timer ran out, and 1 wiped on 2% at Calistoferi at 2 minutes left because the tank decided he wanted to tank her at the edge and turned her blade towards the arena. Then as luck would have it, the 7th group I joined was doing great, until my connection died and I was booted from the instance for being offline.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated with people right about now.

dramatis

Long time, no see~ I just re-subbed! My main is on Atomos, but I am considering moving to Ultros. I already have a character there, but I think her level is very low.

How is the popularity/activity on Ultros? I started over on Atomos because no one was online when I was (evening JST). But someone said the new patch has improved it a lot?
To be honest Ultros is still a heavily US time server, if you're looking for more population to play with Ultros might not be for your time zone.

ebil

I don't know if DF is learning or if it's simply the reset day effect but I had a single wipe over 2 Weeping City runs, and it wasn't even on Ozma.

Also lost Calofisteri minion with a roll of 96. Sadface.

suzu

Special Offers and Product Promotions

Spend $19.99 or more in the Amazon Video Games Category to receive six exclusive in-game items for "Final Fantasy XIV." You will receive your code by email within 2 business days. Here's how (restrictions apply)

• Amazon promotional codes can only be redeemed once per customer
  • Codes will be emailed within 2 days
  • These item codes will only work on North American Square Enix accounts and will not work on accounts from a different region
  • The in-game items will be granted to all characters on your service account
  • Item codes can only be redeemed once per service account
  • Once registered, the item code cannot be removed from your service account
  • Resale of these item codes is strictly prohibited
  • The item codes are valid until December 31, 2016
  • Offer only applies when shipped and sold by Amazon.com

I preordered MHG just now, so I hope I'll get a code within two days. :eek:

They really don't make this easy for those of us that are mostly PC gamers...I can't remember the last physical copy of a game I bought on PC.

I'll probably just get a PS4 game but I've never preordered on Amazon, I'm too impatient for shipping if it's a game I'd preorder.

Zalasta

They really don't make this easy for those of us that are mostly PC gamers...I can't remember the last physical copy of a game I bought on PC.

I'll probably just get a PS4 game but I've never preordered on Amazon, I'm too impatient for shipping if it's a game I'd preorder.

It seems that anyone buying a game is going to get the code, so there are going to be a lot more codes out there unused. Someone could start a thread and see if they can be passed on to those that actually plays XIV.

Cmagus

so this Amazon thing is it any pre-order because I'm about to pre-order Star Ocean but I don't see anything the page that mentions the promotion here in Canada.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
People asked Amazon customer service and they said preorders count.

Look at the page of the game you are preordering. If it qualifies there is a note about the promotion.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
:sigh:

resubbed. reinstalling. Heavensword bought.

LVL 50 SMN, and LVL 50 on all crafting stuff. Ended with doing some Coil stuff.

Where do I get started in catching up? And is the GAF sagittarius company still going?

Top Bottom