• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Qvoth

i'm going to try this amazon preordering and then cancelling for the maid costume and the fat white chocobo
does this method still work if the shipping address is not in the usa? i know they don't charge until shipped, but what i want to know is whether or not that's the same case if the shipping address is not in the usa?

Not that I don't believe you, but source on this?
ejwvxleowiamanc7cabqvqoq2n.png

It could be fake, mind you, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Qvoth

preordered horizon, codes haven't arrived yet :<
oh well, gonna wait 2 days, if still nothing then i guess this promotion doesn't work for someone outside usa >_<

The raid finder isn't very active at the moment. What a bummer... I really want to get some practice in for the savage raids. Is there a way to party up with some of you ultros guys yet?

Qvoth

The raid finder isn't very active at the moment. What a bummer... I really want to get some practice in for the savage raids. Is there a way to party up with some of you ultros guys yet?

pretty sure raid finder only groups you up against others in the same data centre
anyway from what i hear raid finder's not exactly popular, most people still use PF for practices

I really like the maid outfit. It is rather cute! If anyone has a code and is feeling generous, I would appreciate it ^^ Also, I've reached about 40 points in crit now on my relic. Going slowly not to burn myself out.

So I just realized that I've probably played a good 15 hours the past 3 days and I literally have not done a dungeon since Saturday night.

I leveled up Blacksmith to 60, Miner to 30 (so far) and botanist to 27. Leveling up gathering classes without leve allowances takes forever. I just kept mining on one monitor and watching e3 on my other the whole time. Also finally organized my retainers,they've been full for awhile...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I have a few crafters at 60 now I leveled just for being able to do melds (prior to 3.3). I should probably gear them up a bit to use for actual crafting. What is the best way to get started? Should I grab the 170 carbonweave set and then work on making the 190 set?

Crafting kind of confuses me with all the different sets and scrip stuff.

I have a few crafters at 60 now I leveled just for being able to do melds (prior to 3.3). I should probably gear them up a bit to use for actual crafting. What is the best way to get started? Should I grab the 170 carbonweave set and then work on making the 190 set?

Crafting kind of confuses me with all the different sets and script stuff.
Blue scrip i180 AF gear is meant for catching up, it gives decent stats but no materia slots. Same goes for the upgraded i200 stuff.

I believe pentamelded i170 HQ gear will be better or equal to i200 gear and pentamelded i190 HQ gear is BIS until the next expansion.

ebil

I believe pentamelded i170 HQ gear will be better or equal to i200 gear and pentamelded i190 HQ gear is BIS until the next expansion.
It's in fact strictly worse. Stat caps are lower and unless you care for 4 CP on the pieces where you can't have any on Augmented (at the cost of more control/craftsmanship), i200 will be better.

It's in fact strictly worse. Stat caps are lower and unless you care for 4 CP on the pieces where you can't have any on Augmented (at the cost of more control/craftsmanship), i200 will be better.
Oh, so it's i180 > melded i170 > i200 > melded i190 then?

ebil

If we're talking about gear progression, then that's correct!

Edit: Actually, it would be more like i180 > i200,and this can be sidestepped with crafted gear (i170 shared or i190 BiS). The class-specific i170 sets don't make much sense anymore.

Tiops

Yep. It's a new tier, so i200 will always be better than melded i170.

An i170 mainhand has a cap of 305 Crafts and 162 Control, and you can't reach both these caps (if you pentameld materia V trying to balance Crafts and Control you'll still be around 10 points short of each stat). The i200 mainhand has 315 Crafts and 169 Control.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok so I tried the free trial on PS4 and now want to transfer my character to full game. What would be the better option? Buying the 60 day membership card or buying the game as a digital download on the PS4?

creid

Ok so I tried the free trial on PS4 and now want to transfer my character to full game. What would be the better option? Buying the 60 day membership card or buying the game as a digital download on the PS4?
You need to buy a copy of the game, so you should go with the second option. It comes with 30 days free.

MogCakes

wat

I mean, I should know better than expect DF to not be shite but did you get like 15 frost mages or something?

There aren't usually more than 3-5 players in a DF alliance doing above 1k. I often see healers on standby, not healing until a few seconds after a damage hit. MMO players lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
"The mistake we made was not making Mhach hard but making Void Ark so easy people can plow right through it without communication or much movement"

Alright Yoshida you have my atte---

"But maybe the Debris Burst mechanic was a bit too much:"

Not like this.

ebil

I'm loving that Weeping City difficulty comment boiling down to "yeah, we've created a situation with Void Ark where players were used to face-rolling things without even needing to try or communicate and this is not something that we want".

"The mistake we made was not making Mhach hard but making Void Ark so easy people can plow right through it without communication or much movement"

Not like this.
Whats Debris Burst, meteors?

PowerTaxi

Banned

Not like this.

After getting my 2nd clear yesterday, I kind of agree with that.

Top Bottom