• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Ayumi

This game lags so much more than I remember. :(
When I played last year it didn't actually lag, but now it's enough to bother me to not wanting to play.

I dunno.. Tried repeating the settings I used before but it's not working. Maybe it's because more people are online due to 3.3.

Tiops

FCTwJaq.jpg

On Behemoth PF yesterday.

Robin64

I don't know why so much gear after level 30 lists that both the job and the base class can equip it. Remove the base class from that stuff, give people a huge breadcrumb at level 30 to go get a job, done.

Omni

So... the healer used the LB in the middle of a dungeon?

Kinda silly. But eh. LB saves seconds at most even when used properly in dungeons. Nothing to get upset over maybe

Vanethyr

This game lags so much more than I remember. :(
When I played last year it didn't actually lag, but now it's enough to bother me to not wanting to play.

I dunno.. Tried repeating the settings I used before but it's not working. Maybe it's because more people are online due to 3.3.

Glad it's not just me, thought I was going crazy!

I can barely go 10 minutes without disconnecting at the moment, and it wasn't an issue leading up to 3.3.

Ah well, hopefully things quieten down soon or my internet gets over itself, whichever it is.

Valor

Goblin's finest.
This is the first time I'm running into someone like this in my career.

I had a similar experience except that I was on my alt monk and the bard used ranged lb on one of those shitty "bosses" in totorak. Something something use it or lose it, I said that's not how it works and it would have been preferable to use it on trash pull instead if he was insistent on using it.

Then he tried to whip out his mentor badge to show me how wrong I was.

Sorian

Banned
I had a similar experience except that I was on my alt monk and the bard used ranged lb on one of those shitty "bosses" in totorak. Something something use it or lose it, I said that's not how it works and it would have been preferable to use it on trash pull instead if he was insistent on using it.

Then he tried to whip out his mentor badge to show me how wrong I was.

Galen doesn't even know what pro deeps are. His mentor badge showed you what's up though.

Jayhawk

We all saw Galen's numbers on the final boss in Weeping City yesterday. How can he be counted on?

Galen, round trip flight deal from Toronto to Frankfurt is less than $500 Canadian monopoly money for EU fan fest! Drive up here and fly where it will be cheaper than a flight to Vegas.

Jayhawk

Jayhawk parses 24-mans.

Think about that.

I had to turn it on after like wipe #4 in GAF run and seeing i120 earring on one DPS. How they managed to meet the ilvl requirement is amazing. Guess who was tanking and who was healing in our alliance, Tomat.

My experiments testing if a NIN with 20k HP could survive certain mechanics showed that I need about 1k more HP in VIT melds.

MogCakes

Has anyone actually seen doomsday?

All the groups I've been in already got back to Ozma with more than 20 seconds to spare.

I've seen it once. My group was killed thanks to some idiot dropping a meteor in the middle of our platform, right before getting sucked into ozma. It's a giant meteor that falls out of the sky (think BLM LB but 10x bigger) and when it impacts the whole map shakes and there's a huge explosion and everything is on fire. Also everyone dies.

I've seen it once. My group was killed thanks to some idiot dropping a meteor in the middle of our platform, right before getting sucked into ozma. It's a giant meteor that falls out of the sky (think BLM LB but 10x bigger) and when it impacts the whole map shakes and there's a huge explosion and everything is on fire. Also everyone dies.

As big as the one in FFIX?

Would love to see a video of that.

Would be cool for them to add a boss with Supernova that plays the entire cinematic.

Sifl

I got Nidhogg normal as trial and there was another drg with way more gear then me (I'm full 220 with no melds since it's an alt class, this guy had a lot of 240 gear except for weapon and a few left side pieces) and him and his healer friend started calling me a retard for having no melds and saying stuff like "I'm doing like 400 more dps then you, stop playing drg and kill ur self cause you're garbage". Best part was like 10 seconds after he said this he died on 1 of those black aoes, and shortly after things went to shit and we wiped.

#InstantKarma

At least I got to annoy them until we cleared it.

I got Nidhogg normal as trial and there was another drg with way more gear then me (I'm full 220 with no melds since it's an alt class, this guy had a lot of 240 gear except for weapon and a few left side pieces) and him and his healer friend started calling me a retard for having no melds and saying stuff like "I'm doing like 400 more dps then you, stop playing drg and kill ur self cause you're garbage". Best part was like 10 seconds after he said this he died on 1 of those black aoes, and shortly after things went to shit and we wiped.

#InstantKarma

just report them for mentioning dps and numbers

Sifl

Yep.

They tolerate parsers but if you gloat about it then that's punishable IIRC.

So definitely report them if you remember the name because they shouldn't be allowed to play the game if they're going to say dumb shit like that.
Yea, I don't remember their names and it was gone from the chat log after I qued for some other stuff (idk if that's a ps4 thing or that's just the way the chat log works). Next time something happens I'll just take a screenshot in case I wanna report them.

Jaeyden

Whoever thought it was a good idea to go through all the old moogle sidequests to unlock the beast tribe is absolutely terrible. I mean, I had quite a few not done.

Yeah it's actually 20 quests if you didn't do any of them. Was absolutely no fun trying to get em done at 4 in the morning on day one because the chain of quests would never fucking end.

Teknoman

The free trial just turns into the full client right? Its been so long, but the HDD that had my XIV install among other things died earlier today.

Omni

Got my AST and WHM Nidhogg weapons today. So solid runs for me

Not seen a bird yet though. Not that I'd ever roll anything good on it anyway >.>

#InstantKarma

Oh man, sounds like straight-up harassment. I would have been pissed if someone seriously ragged on me just for not having gear. You can't snap your fingers and have better gear

Sifl

Oh man, sounds like straight-up harassment. I would have been pissed if someone seriously ragged on me just for not having gear. You can't snap your fingers and have better gear
Tbh I wasn't really angry or offended, I found it more funny at how extreme they went with their insults (and that he couldn't figure out that he's supposed to do more damage then me when he's like 15 ilvls higher) and that they were parsing and bragging about numbers in a normal trial. But I'd probably report something like this next time just so other people wouldn't have to deal with it if they got matched up with them.

#InstantKarma

That's sadly what this community on the game is sometimes. There are just random arseholes in DF and sometimes the party finder. It is funny because this game isn't even that hard and people like to brag about anything.

Top Bottom