• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Leunam

Had a wonderful experience helping FC mates clear Nidhogg normal mode.

Except for one healer and the tanks we were all together in voice chat. The tanks failed us DPS during the DPS check because the add cleaves were nailing the entire party. They didn't grab the adds fast enough and failed to position their faces away from everyone so we lost one or two DPS. They then tell us that we don't have the output needed. I should have told them we didn't have the damage because we had people down. I tried to explain to them that their adds were killing us, not the Shadow Dragon, but they wouldn't listen.

Next go we pass the DPS check because now they're finally paying attention and we have all our DPS up and able to clear the check without any issues. We wipe once more and then they silently pull again, I guess they didn't want to hear my opinion. Not that I was going to say anything anyway. Well we clear it with almost no deaths. Beautiful maneuvering, beautiful heals, everything.

I was about to tell them thanks for not offering any advice, but I held my tongue and instead focused on my FC mates who just got their clear. Nothing annoys me more than people in this game bitching about wipes and then offering literally no help. I had to remind them that their adds need to be grabbed and pointed away from us. And sure enough, they leave afterwards without comment. Too much to expect I suppose.

MogCakes

I've cleared seph ex with df. It is piss easy with echo, lmao.

You must be weaving some kind of magic because every DF group I've encountered in the past 2 days has been absolute shite.

Why would you put yourself through that D:

I want the clear for the achievement...

EDIT:
Is it normal for my DRG DPS output to max out at 1580-ish at i220? I'm trying to find ways to push it. On MCH I max out at around 1275. Tested both jobs against the A8S dummy. I can get my opening wildfire burst up to 8k if I nail everything right, but I have some difficulty executing it consistently.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So i get my first chocobo mount and i cant name it because the keyboard screen wont show up. Now I'll have to find - keyboard to plug into my ps4

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I've cleared seph ex with df. It is piss easy with echo, lmao.

shaking_head_disgust_keanu_reeves.gif

Leveling up Miner is weird. Every level takes forever without leve allowances but now after level 50 it's super fast with collectibles. Went from 50-53 in the same amount of time as 49 to 50.

Nothing annoys me more than people in this game bitching about wipes and then offering literally no help. I had to remind them that their adds need to be grabbed and pointed away from us. And sure enough, they leave afterwards without comment. Too much to expect I suppose.
This grinds my gears to no end. Was spamming A8 this week and a "Mentor" kept saying "Ohhh my gooooddd ohhh my goooooddd" Every time we would wipe, without offering any advice or tips for the people who kept dying or making mistakes.

Called him out on his bullshit and shut him up, at least explain what new people are doing wrong instead of throwing a fit like a 4 year old.

Leveling up Miner is weird. Every level takes forever without leve allowances but now after level 50 it's super fast with collectibles. Went from 50-53 in the same amount of time as 49 to 50.

The consumable Grand Company Buffs are delicious also. They recently made them stack in inventory as well \o/

So...I've been out of the game since about the time Heavensward came out. Played a Bard, enjoy it but would like to dabble in Machinist or Ninja, maybe Dark Knight (never tanked in an MMO before).

Anyway has anything particularly changed for any for Bard? Can't imagine but never know and...this maybe an odd question - I don't know - but does anyone set their action bars up roughly according to their rotation? So the first few abilties might be DoTs a Bard applies etc. I know a lot can be situational and reacting but a Bard's rotation felt quite uncomplicated, and from what I hear MCH are quite tricky?

So...I've been out of the game since about the time Heavensward came out. Played a Bard, enjoy it but would like to dabble in Machinist or Ninja, maybe Dark Knight (never tanked in an MMO before).

Anyway has anything particularly changed for any for Bard? Can't imagine but never know and...this maybe an odd question - I don't know - but does anyone set their action bars up roughly according to their rotation? So the first few abilties might be DoTs a Bard applies etc. I know a lot can be situational and reacting but a Bard's rotation felt quite uncomplicated, and from what I hear MCH are quite tricky?
That depends, did you level up Bard after HW came out? If not, it changed big time.

Bard rotation is priority based. It's not hard but you gotta know when to use what, when to save certain skills, etc. MCH difficulty is more about cooldown alignment, it's not hard at all, just takes some time getting used to.

That depends, did you level up Bard after HW came out? If not, it changed big time.

Bard rotation is priority based. It's not hard but you gotta know when to use what, when to save certain skills, etc. MCH difficulty is more about cooldown alignment, it's not hard at all, just takes some time getting used to.

Err I got to 54, so not really that far. When I resub i'll probably experiment with MCH a litttle just to try and get used to it, see if it clicks or not

Trainman

Neo Member
Also just resubbed after several months, but I only got my char to 51 and am still slogging through 2.x MSQ...

@_@ having a tough time maintaining motivation to keep doing "go to this place on the other side of the world to talk to someone, then come back, then go over again and maybe kill some fodder enemies" quests.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

That's good to know. I'm working to get main to 60 first, but I had all crafting and gathering at 50 when I left.

I don't suppose the crafting and Gathering accessories are still relevant? I had them all melded and maxed. Know there's new gear.

creid

That's good to know. I'm working to get main to 60 first, but I had all crafting and gathering at 50 when I left.

I don't suppose the crafting and Gathering accessories are still relevant? I had them all melded and maxed. Know there's new gear.
I can't speak for the crafters, but all my level 60 gathering classes are still using level 50 (melded) right-side gear. I couldn't be bothered to re-meld all that stuff, so you should be fine on your gatherers at least. If you want 650 or 700 GP though, it may be a different story. For left-side gathering stuff, there's much better stuff to be had. Look into what you can get from trading in scrip tokens.

Jayhawk

Considering that the Ixali daily quests give out tier IV gathering and crafting materia like candy, overmelding a new set of right-side pieces has never been easier.

Got my Mhach caster loot finally. I think I ran it 3 times yesterday and now this afternoon on the shittiest run imaginable. Cleared with 19 mins left because the other alliance kept placing meteors right. We wiped hmmm 3 times on Ozma.... it was a disaster. That raid is honestly fun but also frustrating. I had no spirit to run it again if I got no loot. It honestly isn't as bad as first week but some runs are just terrible.

ebil

Is there anyone from NA GAF who could spare a pre-sale ticket code for the NA fanfest?

I'm a bit concerned that they might run out of tickets to sell even before they open it to EU accounts...

Edit: Then again, I'm not sure if the codes are tied to specific accounts and whatnot.

Jayhawk

Is there anyone from NA GAF who could spare a pre-sale ticket code for the NA fanfest?

I'm a bit concerned that they might run out of tickets to sell even before they open it to EU accounts...

Edit: Then again, I'm not sure if the codes are tied to specific accounts and whatnot.

They are region-specific when they first give out pre-sale codes, so NA accounts get the pre-sale codes first for the Las Vegas fan fest and EU accounts first get the pre-sale codes for the Frankfurt fan fest. We can trade pre-sale codes if you're not going to the EU fan fest, since I plan on attending and I am not going to the NA fan fest. I have an NA account as old as 1.0.

ebil

They are region-specific when they first give out pre-sale codes, so NA accounts get the pre-sale codes first for the Las Vegas fan fest and EU accounts first get the pre-sale codes for the Frankfurt fan fest. We can trade pre-sale codes if you're not going to the EU fan fest, since I plan on attending and I am not going to the NA fan fest. I have an NA account as old as 1.0.
Sounds good! I'm not going to Frankfurt and I have a 1.0 EU account as well. No idea when they'll send the EU pre-sale codes though, probably 3 months before it happens.

I'm just going to try and check with SE if there's a workaround (I sent a ticket to their customer service and will try contacting their community reps on twitter) and I'll PM you whenever they get back to me.

Just curious but if I have NA account and someone sends me a code for the Yuna minion, I won't be able to get it since it is in EU, right?

She's my favourite FF character so that would suck >.>

ebil

The minion codes aren't going to be region-specific. I got minion codes from the JP artbooks and they worked just fine with my EU account. Besides, I think they've said they're going to allow people to get the minions if they buy an access to their streams.

Jayhawk

Sounds good! I'm not going to Frankfurt and I have a 1.0 EU account as well. No idea when they'll send the EU pre-sale codes though, probably 3 months before it happens.

I'm just going to try and check with SE if there's a workaround (I sent a ticket to their customer service and will try contacting their community reps on twitter) and I'll PM you whenever they get back to me.

I believe pre-sale for NA fan fest start tomorrow. Good luck with getting a customer service response by then. Based on the previous fanfest, they didn't implement workarounds for getting early access to pre-sale tickets to fanfests outside the region your account you're tied. You're either getting a code from somebody else or waiting until tickets are on sale for the general public.

ebil

I believe pre-sale for NA fan fest start tomorrow. Good luck with getting a customer service response by then. Based on the previous fanfest, they didn't implement workarounds for getting early access to pre-sale tickets to fanfests outside the region your account you're tied. You're either getting a code from somebody else or waiting until tickets are on sale for the general public.
Yeah, I've been in a 21 minutes queue forever. Matt Hilton told us it can be done np when we contacted him on twitter and they don't appear to be tied to an account or RL name or whatever so it's harmless, so let's just trade codes. :)

Back to wiping to BJ~

edit: got a customer service person who told me I couldn't use an NA code and I would need to go to the fanfest associated with my account, which is the opposite of what Matt Hilton told me. lol, guess we'll see tomorrow when they open the gates.

katagai

Just curious but if I have NA account and someone sends me a code for the Yuna minion, I won't be able to get it since it is in EU, right?

As long as the codes aren't region-locked, they should work. For example, the codes included with Japanese copies of the artbook and soundtracks (which I think are technically the same as the ones sold through the Square-Enix NA store) worked on my NA account.

I purchased all three streams of fanfest last time and gave the two spare moogle suit codes (with one being from niconico) to two people in my FC (one of which I know has an EU account), and they both redeemed without an issue.

Sorian

Banned

All 3 of the minions are available to everyone. Buying the stream to different fan fests gets you the same digital goodies that attendees get.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Cut scenes in this game would be a fraction as long if Alphinaud and others didn't spend 5 minutes every cut scene engaging in a meeting of mutual admiration society.

RPGCrazied

Question about the Amazon summer campaign thing. I never got a code for the items, and I have on order Star Ocean 5. Of course I ordered it back in April. Did I order to soon?

suzu

Question about the Amazon summer campaign thing. I never got a code for the items, and I have on order Star Ocean 5. Of course I ordered it back in April. Did I order to soon?

Orders have to be made during the promotion period. You could cancel and preorder it again to get a code.

Cmagus

I dont really understand what this means. I have to pay to watch a stream? Hope it isn't a lot of money as I'm not a mogshop person, hah.
Last year it was $20 for each region stream so it's gonna cost you if you want the minions. I'm curious to see if they add last years items to the mogstation when the fan fest happens, kind of like how they handle seasonal gear.

I'm not even gonna bother at this point I'm a bit tired of all this pay stuff they've been doing lately it's out of hand and I don't feel like giving them more money.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I dont really understand what this means. I have to pay to watch a stream? Hope it isn't a lot of money as I'm not a mogshop person, hah.

You don't need to pay to watch the stream, but you need to subscribe (last time it was $20) to 1) get the items 2) see it in higher quality? 3) access the recording of the stream and 4) see extra parts of the show not available on the free stream

That's how it was last time anyway.

You don't need to pay to watch the stream, but you need to subscribe (last time it was $20) to 1) get the items 2) see it in higher quality? 3) access the recording of the stream and 4) see extra parts of the show not available on the free stream

That's how it was last time anyway.

Ugh.... that's a lot of money for a minion, even if it happens to be my favourite ff character. I suppose it is possible that there will be code giveaways on here during the fan fest. But if not I guess it will not matter too much.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Whoever came up with "rotate Calofisteri for Haircut" tactic.
Please don't. It's such a great attention check.

Top Bottom