• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Healing is starting to get alot more fun. Even without the draw mechanic, i like AST just a tiny bit more both because the aesthetics and the slight change in skills. lvl 38 now, wanna hit 50 asap so i can start learning how to properly heal

So, after not playing for a year, I came back with my i184 MNK and i187 DRK and started grinding dungeons for lore, and I capped in two days on lore...at about midnight last night. (In a day, I got full esoteric gear for MNK <.<)

But there are so many things I missed. specifically, lore tomes were just put in, IIRC, second Alexander was newish. I can't leave my FC (even though I'm the only active member) because I have a house that I tend to in their absences, so I can't join GAF FC. Is there an LS I can join, instead?

Hey guys, really close to taking the plunge on this game. Issue is I don't really have much time free during the week - I'll only really be able to play on the weekends. Is it still worth it or am I going to find the experience impossible?

Hey guys, really close to taking the plunge on this game. Issue is I don't really have much time free during the week - I'll only really be able to play on the weekends. Is it still worth it or am I going to find the experience impossible?

Doesn't really matter I think. Only thing you should ask yourself is if you want to pay the monthly fee if you can't play for most days in any given month. Game lends itself extremely well for casual play.

Playing during weekends is probably even better than during weekdays, cause more people online for duty finder (the match up system for multiplayer dungeons).

JSoup

Banned
You know that visor item you can buy from the Vanu Vanu?
Did you know that is lit the hell up when you did the visor emote?
I goddamn didn't.

ebil

Just got a +5 on my Relic, bonus points exist!

in before I never get a bonus again and this was for nothing

Leunam

Last night I was running A8 and Weeping City with FC mates. I use certain terms for different markers and some of my FC mates have taken to using the same terms. Obviously everything follows a pattern but I feel better calling things out as they pop up. What terms do you guys use?

There's AoE, conal AoE, Linear AoE. Jumps for when the boss is untargetable. The thing that the first boss in Weeping City does when she burrows I refer to as donut AoE. The one immediately after which radiates out I call proximity AoE. Pulsing markers are the ones over your head. The big Green ones that tether people we just refer to as boogers. And then Tethers of course. Someone coined the term sandwich AoE for Nidhoggs Hot Wing. And finally just plain 'ol stack marker.

Jeels

Anyone going to fan festival want to share a hotel? I am thinking I want to get a room at the Paris itself since it makes it really convenient to make it to the event on time (just go down the elevator!). Last fan fest, even though our hotel was just a block or two away, the morning walk was pretty tiring and the lines built up pretty quick.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Last night I was running A8 and Weeping City with FC mates. I use certain terms for different markers and some of my FC mates have taken to using the same terms. Obviously everything follows a pattern but I feel better calling things out as they pop up. What terms do you guys use?

There's AoE, conal AoE, Linear AoE. Jumps for when the boss is untargetable. The thing that the first boss in Weeping City does when she burrows I refer to as donut AoE. The one immediately after which radiates out I call proximity AoE. Pulsing markers are the ones over your head. The big Green ones that tether people we just refer to as boogers. And then Tethers of course. Someone coined the term sandwich AoE for Nidhoggs Hot Wing. And finally just plain 'ol stack marker.

Hot Wing/Tail if I call them out I call them by their names, ditto any other move with a cast bar that you can see the name of easily. Everything else is just shouting 'MECHANICS' and then blaming the OT whenever someone dies, no matter what the actual reason was.

Omni

Friend and I joined a Nidhogg clear party last night. We've already cleared so it was more us just helping out. Pretty much consisted of two hours of one dps wiping in the final phase and ruining it for everyone. Must have died maybe five times in one run and we hit enrage at 1%. The tension in the party after that xD

I get it's new content but eh. It still bothers me that people join these things when they don't know the fight

ebil

If it's a clear party and not a farm, I can forgive someone for not "getting" the last phase the first few times. My first clear had a BLM and a MCH dying to every single Sable Price and we still managed to clear (right as the enrage finished channelling, thanks healer DPS!). It took my own group's MCH 4 or 5 clears to fully figure it out and stop dying when I went back and one-shot it with them. As long as the healers have it together it's stupidly easy to recover.

Thorgal

Friend and I joined a Nidhogg clear party last night. We've already cleared so it was more us just helping out. Pretty much consisted of two hours of one dps wiping in the final phase and ruining it for everyone. Must have died maybe five times in one run and we hit enrage at 1%. The tension in the party after that xD

I get it's new content but eh. It still bothers me that people join these things when they don't know the fight

the alternative is demanding of everyone to watch a guide video on day 1 and kick anyone who fails which is much worse .

the alternative is demanding of everyone to watch a guide video on day 1 and kick anyone who fails which is much worse .
That isn't the only alternative. There is the alternative of that guy being in a last phase progression party instead of a clear party. But that'd be too good to be true.

That isn't the only alternative. There is the alternative of that guy being in a last phase progression party instead of a clear party. But that'd be too good to be true.

Arrogant players will be arrogant players. Nidhogg is still very new. In fact.... so very few people have cleared it without a static on this server anyway! And this is why I'm not in a rush to finish Nidhogg ex. Clearing Seph without a static was a bother in itself.

A clear party is a clear party, not a learning/progression party. There's nothing more frustrating than joining a clear party and getting stuck on adds because some people don't know what to do.

It's almost as bad as farm parties that fail at Fang/Claw

Cmagus

It's finally finished....

dfI3aLG.png

jorgeton

Housing is the true endgame. So much gil spent on furniture :(

Is there a way to set my residential district as a favorite point, or do I need to beam into Uldah -> Goblet every time.

dramatis

Housing is the true endgame. So much gil spent on furniture :(

Is there a way to set my residential district as a favorite point, or do I need to beam into Uldah -> Goblet every time.
You should have Goblet as a shortcut teleport that takes you to the front of your house...if you put down the aethernet shard in your yard.

Buy using GC seals.

jorgeton

You should have Goblet as a shortcut teleport that takes you to the front of your house...if you put down the aethernet shard in your yard.

Buy using GC seals.

Ah, thanks. Was looking in the MBs for aethernet, didnt realize it was through the GC. Now to grind for seals..

Jayhawk

Now that people are reporting about a 30% conversion rate of tier V materia from 170+ crafting gear, I expect Master Xtech to return to his old pattern of spiritbonding for hours. Ketsen too lazy to spiritbond more than one piece at a time.

ebil

I wish more tanks would make a first normal pull to gauge their DPS' ability to actually pull off a rotation. Or that they wouldn't let Selene tank and get killed right away.

Or that they would use Hallowed Ground early so I can at least put on DoTs to compensate for the lack of DPS.

Or that they just wouldn't come PLD and instead come as a tank job that can contribute meaningful AOE DPS if they intend to speed run by pulling everything in Sohm Al.

Um wow this game is incredible! I've played everything as far as MMO's go and this is incredibly well polished and fun. It also plays great on PS4! I'm so happy.

Squishy3

I think it's if you can hit 115 on an unbuffed methodical appraisal you're good for getting counterfoils using the counterfoil rotation

edit: yeah, you only need 550 perception and 600 GP to get counterfoils. red you were looking at the legendary red scrip nodes part lol. you probably couldn't even get those stats with grade Vs in every slot on the serpentskin HQ gear

scrip rotations are based around getting as many gathers as possible meeting the minimum rating for a turn-in, while counterfoils is centered around getting one at the least (and by the time you can get more than one counterfoil in an attempt you don't need counterfoils anymore)

Top Bottom