• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Thorgal

Um wow this game is incredible! I've played everything as far as MMO's go and this is incredibly well polished and fun. It also plays great on PS4! I'm so happy.

Glad you like it. Have fun.

On another note, decided to take the jump into leveling my crafting classes.

All are at 15now.

I wish more tanks would make a first normal pull to gauge their DPS' ability to actually pull off a rotation. Or that they wouldn't let Selene tank and get killed right away.

Or that they would use Hallowed Ground early so I can at least put on DoTs to compensate for the lack of DPS.

Or that they just wouldn't come PLD and instead come as a tank job that can contribute meaningful AOE DPS if they intend to speed run by pulling everything in Sohm Al.

Blood Price. Dark Arts + Abyssal Drain. Sooooo satisfying against those pesky 6+ mob pulls

Made a dragon girl while back (haven't used it much) and i don't like their poses. The sitting one is the worst.

The default Au Ra sitting pose is definitely bad in more ways than one. I'm not sure if you know about this, but fortunately you can change poses:

blog_me_0810_03.jpg

Akainu

The default Au Ra sitting pose is definitely bad in more ways than one. I'm not sure if you know about this, but fortunately you can change poses:

blog_me_0810_03.jpg

I do, first thing i changed. But then i still have to watch her sit in the forced "cute" postion for a few seconds it's maddening.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, my girlfriend and I resubbed yesterday. I think we both just admitted that we missed the game it's world and community. I remembering stopping in Matoya''s Cave, right before going into the story dungeon that goes underground. I know that's 3.2 and 3.3 just hit.

Anything new and important we need to know about to catch up to speed? Besides remembering how to play? T-T

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Oh boy. I don't think I can handle this new relic step right now. I just got my Hyperconductive Anima a few weeks ago and am pretty burned out. That's a ridiculous number of tomes to grind. Hope they make Umbrite available elsewhere. Maybe in Deep Dungeon. It'll take almost half a year to finish at a casual pace of doing Expert every day. Screw that.

ebil

So, my girlfriend and I resubbed yesterday. I think we both just admitted that we missed the game it's world and community. I remembering stopping in Matoya''s Cave, right before going into the story dungeon that goes underground. I know that's 3.2 and 3.3 just hit.

Anything new and important we need to know about to catch up to speed? Besides remembering how to play? T-T
Not really. If you or your girlfriend is a tank, just remember to check that your bonus attributes and accessories are VIT as it's been changed to main stat for tanks in 3.2. They removed the lockout in Midas so it should be pretty easy to gear up to ilv220, and the newest dungeons drop ilv215 items.

Otherwise, you might as well want to skim through the patch notes for patch 3.3 to check out what's new.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Not really. If you or your girlfriend is a tank, just remember to check that your bonus attributes and accessories are VIT as it's been changed to main stat for tanks in 3.2. They removed the lockout in Midas so it should be pretty easy to gear up to ilv220, and the newest dungeons drop ilv215 items.

Otherwise, you might as well want to skim through the patch notes for patch 3.3 to check out what's new.

Thanks!

This is what I feel every time I come back.

That's why I'm glad the game gets good content updates every couple months and another expansion in the works.

SOLDIER

Is there a list of eligible Amazon games you can pre-order for the promotional code?

Was also wondering if there were any sites or places that offered discounts for the subscription. I was looking to sub for another month or two, and missed the chance when a GAFer offered a 30 day subscription for cheaper.

Edit: Went with pre-ordering World of Final Fantasy. It was a given that would be eligible.

Question about the sub still stands.

Thorgal

Gear wise, if my left side is full 200 gear should I bother doing the same for the right side or skip that and try to get 220-230 gear in there?

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Gear wise, if my left side is full 200 gear should I bother doing the same for the right side or skip that and try to get 220-230 gear in there?

Get enough to raise your overall ilvl to 200 so you can access midas. You can easily grab the 220 Midas accessories from there.

jorgeton

So is the materia melder in Idillyshire the first materia melding NPC in the game? If so, it's looong overdue.

I've been on this game for 2+ years and this is the first time I've actively used materia b/c I didn't have the time or patience to level the melding class (or the social skills to have a friend meld it for me :\ )

Spell speed for days, blessed be the quicktongue materia.

Squishy3

So is the materia melder in Idillyshire the first materia melding NPC in the game? If so, it's looong overdue.

I've been on this game for 2+ years and this is the first time I've actively used materia b/c I didn't have the time or patience to level the melding class (or the social skills to have a friend meld it for me :\ )

Spell speed for days, blessed be the quicktongue materia.
There's one in every major city now. Except for maybe Ishgard? Don't remember seeing the giant materia icon. They can't do overmelds though.

jorgeton

There's one in every major city now. Except for maybe Ishgard? Don't remember seeing the giant materia icon. They can't do overmelds though.

I've been stockpiling those mhachi thingamabobs that are exchanged for grade V materia since 3.2, so I had some fun experimenting on what can and cannot be melded to equipment.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Oh boy. I don't think I can handle this new relic step right now. I just got my Hyperconductive Anima a few weeks ago and am pretty burned out. That's a ridiculous number of tomes to grind. Hope they make Umbrite available elsewhere. Maybe in Deep Dungeon. It'll take almost half a year to finish at a casual pace of doing Expert every day. Screw that.

As a ffxi player, xiv players complaining about weapon grinding is absolutely adorable.

Jayhawk

FFXI relics, empyreans, and mythics felt worthwhile to do, especially with unique traits and skills. I miss my Ragnarok and Ukonvasara the most.

Does any MMO have another solution fore relic-esque weapons other than some insane grind? Would be cool if there was some class only group Trial. Or make it more of a transmog option. The fantasy of the weapons is cool but they don't feel worth it.

Does any MMO have another solution fore relic-esque weapons other than some insane grind? Would be cool if there was some class only group Trial. Or make it more of a transmog option. The fantasy of the weapons is cool but they don't feel worth it.
Well, the original relic quest was far more reasonable and fun to do. It was a big questline with several boss battles sprinkled within. Then atmas came and fucking ruined everything.

Also Tera has a relic weapon system that works on drops from any enemy so you basically just get them from normal play.

Well, the original relic quest was far more reasonable and fun to do. It was a big questline with several boss battles sprinkled within. Then atmas came and fucking ruined everything.

Oh yeah I did that and the Zeniths tuff but then i dropped out for a while, my friend persisted and has his Relic weapon up to date but continually regrets it.

Sifl

Mateus is such a giant shithole with nothing to do that I started gearing my crafters to 3 star just so I can get into undercut wars with people on the mb. 1 group cleared a6s (on a8s and there's like 4 groups in total even doing savage) and like 20 people have cleared Nidhogg.

RDreamer

Hey FFXIV gaf, got a question/problem to see if any of you know the answer to this. I was an old fan of FFXI and was eagerly awaiting FFXIV and then the whole fiasco you know about happened on PC and since I had a mac I was waiting patiently for the PS4 version, which came around with ARR rather than the original. Anyway, I got into the closed beta and was pretty excited for it. Unfortunately some stuff came up in my life and I was never able to hop in like I wanted after playing the closed beta. Now, last time I was interested in trying it out I tried to download the client because there was a free trial and when I downloaded it, it told me I couldn't play, presumably because of that closed beta I had tried for all of like a day. Frustrated that I couldn't try it out, I didn't get the game at all then either.

Now that brings me to now: With the Square Enix sale I'd love to give it a shot. The problem seems to be confusion on my PSN account and that closed beta, though. When I look at the store and the sale I can see the price of FFXIV ARR and that's 10 bucks. I can see that there exists a bundle for FFXIV ARR and Heavensward, which is, I think, what I want, but it won't even tell me the price of that bundle because it says I already own FFXIV ARR. That's weird because I can totally actually purchase that separately and it doesn't say I own it with just the single version. I also can't see the price for Heavensward either (because, funnily enough... it says I have NOT purchased FFXIV ARR).

so... uh... what do?

What is that bundle price right now anyway during this sale? Do you guys know how to unfuck this stuff so I can get that bundle?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
FFXI relics, empyreans, and mythics felt worthwhile to do, especially with unique traits and skills. I miss my Ragnarok and Ukonvasara the most.

I'm glad when I went back to FFXI last year for the final story push that I took time to finish my Mythic. Granted it was a whole lot easier since you could solo Salvage, but it still felt like a big accomplishment.

Mateus is such a giant shithole with nothing to do that I started gearing my crafters to 3 star just so I can get into undercut wars with people on the mb. 1 group cleared a6s (on a8s and there's like 4 groups in total even doing savage) and like 20 people have cleared Nidhogg.

Holy shit.

They need to fucking swallow their pride and merge some servers or build better tech to support mega ones and cross play outside if random data center DF

Fans of this game can easily be pulled away when their is simply no community to play with

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah, we had a parry-melded NIN in a PF Nidhogg run.
We all knew this would happen the moment they decided to introduce custom stats.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't get it.

Isn't more VIT good for pld?

What am I not seeing?

Vitality is capped on all tank gear (as well as all left-side gear in general), i.e. you can't meld any more.
The materia will go in, but it will not have any effect as indicated by Vitality +0.
The game tells you this before you apply the meld so there's really no reason to fall into this.

Akainu

Wasted VIT materia since the bonuses dont take effect. The +0 i'm assuming.

Also that its not a very good look for a Paladin :p

I thought that's what it meant. I remember seeing this and thinking. "hmm did that guy just waste materia?".

Man I forgot how fast the marauder could go through tp. Can't use overpower much.

Top Bottom