• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Sifl

WTB competent party. Nidhogg EX has been frustrating.
The other day I joined a " clear party, please have made it to phase 3" where we spent 45 minutes on the adds. We finally got passed them and someone said something along the lines of "best damn party I've been in so far", and this was basically my reaction:

6138.jpg

Stacked99

Banned
Got a code for six in-game items for spending money on Amazon. Do not play this game, let me know if anyone wants em

Edit:

Here they are:

ORIGINAL FAT CHOCOBO MOUNT
Ride atop the original fat chocobo mount and become the envy of all your friends
DLC code: FAQU 6MNW 4VD4 LEDC QPRB

MAID ATTIRE
A maid-inspired outfit designed to be worn by female characters.
DLC code: FAJU JRCD 9XF8 BD86 UD99

BUTLER ATTIRE
A butler-inspired outfit designed to be worn by male characters.
DLC code: FAPU FS59 3X5Y YLU7 6365

CRAG MASK
A mask fashioned to resemble Titan, the Lord of Crags.
DLC code: FAHU 4G4U SJBE XBN9 ZZD4

INFERNO MASK
A mask fashioned to resemble Ifrit, the Lord of the Inferno.
DLC code: FANU 539A 9LPF XG34 F2WA

99X MAGICKED PRISM (WINGS)
Using this item will produce a temporary pair of seraphic wings on your character.
DLC code: FALU GXRG 7B4B 5UDK XL73

Jeels

The other day I joined a " clear party, please have made it to phase 3" where we spent 45 minutes on the adds. We finally got passed them and someone said something along the lines of "best damn party I've been in so far", and this was basically my reaction:

6138.jpg

Something similar happened to me. It really feels like there's no middle ground. There's a group that gets their 10 clears the first week and then there are shit pugs. I can't practice the Akh Morn phase even though I have the mechanics before that down perfectly because I can't find groups that can clear the dps check or not die from the damned first phase.

Omni

Yeah, I know what that's like. I've been joining a few clear parties of Nidhogg to help out lately but it's still frustrating when that happens. Today I joined one and was out-dpsing the melee and SMN with i230/240 gear on my i221 Bard (I was only doing ~1200dps over the course too. Usually heal so I was happy with that at least). And they wondered why were struggling to get past adds

Is there ever a time character creation is up on Ultros? That is where most of you play right? According to the OP? I've tried at like 1-3am and it never works.

SOLDIER

Haven't subbed since last December, really want to get back into this game soon.

What are the most notable QOL changes since then? Just curious what they've added to better streamline leveling, loot, inventory, that sort of thing.

MogCakes

Yeah, I know what that's like. I've been joining a few clear parties of Nidhogg to help out lately but it's still frustrating when that happens
I think I have an idea of who you guys are if you're on Ultros. Appreciate the help, you and a few others that keep popping into the groups are half the reason they get past Fang at all. So far all of the groups i've joined or created on PF have a combination of 2-3 players that can't do mechanics correctly, whether it's tanks who don't CD for busters or voke at the wrong time or leave their tank stance off, DPS who tunnel and don't grab orbs (i'm guilty of this a couple times myself), healers not bursting through akh morns or healing up people before super hump, or dying to cauterize and geirskogul. And then it becomes obvious many of them have never been to Sable Price, becaude they spread all over Nodhogg's underside and everyone either gets hit by the bomb explosions or terrored, and in the unlikely event the party actually gets to second SPs they botch it horribly. It's frustrating to see them panic and then blame the fight or someone else afterwards, itxs clear some of these players are expecting a carry.

/rant

I had a migraine most of yesterday because of running this thing for half a week.

dramatis

Haven't subbed since last December, really want to get back into this game soon.

What are the most notable QOL changes since then? Just curious what they've added to better streamline leveling, loot, inventory, that sort of thing.
I think they added the ability to edit your item right-click menus (can take out options, order them, etc.).

They added raid finder, which can be slotted for practice or for serious business.

There's a few other changes to settings that I can't quite remember.

Hey guys, I'm about to start this game with a friend as our first ever MMO on the EU Pheonix server and was wondering if there are any gaffers there.

Also, I'm still running on the 30 days free game time but I might subscribe eventually; does anyone have a referral code for me to use?

Teknoman

Chat support actually worked well. She just removed the token no questions asked. The thing now...is XIV account hacking that much of an issue?

aceface

Chat support actually worked well. She just removed the token no questions asked. The thing now...is XIV account hacking that much of an issue?

It was around ARR launch. If I recall correctly, someone from this thread got their account stolen by a gil seller.

Teknoman

It was around ARR launch. If I recall correctly, someone from this thread got their account stolen by a gil seller.

New security token purchase confirmed.

I guess i'll just leave this one at home / off my keychain. Still kinda ticked at myself since I had the damn thing since 1.0 launch.

New security token purchase confirmed.

I guess i'll just leave this one at home / off my keychain. Still kinda ticked at myself since I had the damn thing since 1.0 launch.

Why not use the smartphone app? I've been using the iPhone app the entire time and I've never had any trouble with it, short of the very brief period of time where updating a certain version of iOS would reset it (and even then, there was a workaround).

Valor

Why not use the smartphone app? I've been using the iPhone app the entire time and I've never had any trouble with it, short of the very brief period of time where updating a certain version of iOS would reset it (and even then, there was a workaround).

Seconding that the phone app works really well. My mistake was not transferring the app correctly when I got my new phone and needed to get it removed. Haven't gotten around to setting it up again though. I'm reminded each time I port to the gold saucer~

Oh well.

Jayhawk

FYI various airlines are offering good flight deals to/from Europe... probably because of the brexit. So for those planning on making the trip to the NA fan fest from the EU, or the EU fan fest from NA, take advantage of the deals!

priceline, google flights, and other sites will have the deals

For example, a round trip ticket for the dates of EU fan fest weekend from JFK to Frankfurt costs $513 USD.

ebil

Got my plane tickets weeks ago because I wasn't traveling specifically for the fanfest but I was only charged one ticket out of two so I got a pretty good deal anyway, lol.

Anyone think that for 4.0 they should make some dungeons that are a bit more than a single pathway with the occasional item chest on a short split?

I just remembered Aurum Vale and the Dzamael place with the crystal aoe's. Aurum Vale you had to watch out for the roaming patrols which was a bit interesting even if some people got frustrated by it.

I just think they should step it up a bit in terms of dungeon design since the last bunch have been pretty standard design wise even if they look aesthetically pleasing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
do you want to buy these mog shoes and cait sith plushies

DJ793v5.png

But I don't think it's money issue, it's more like a "this is supposed to be a thing you mindlessly do every day for your token tokens" thing. No one left behind! Not even that 400 DPS dragoon.

ebil

Speaking of 400 DPS Dragoons, some DRG main guy from my FC realized just yesterday that he had never done his last job quest. He only plays like 1 month here and there whenever they update the game and then disappears, but how can you even lack the curiosity of looking up your skills and what you're supposed to do with them?

... Who am I kidding. I've now met too many of these people to keep believing that's uncommon. Perhaps all these Blizzard Wizards who never use Enochian do it because they've never actually unlocked it.

Teknoman

Anyone think that for 4.0 they should make some dungeons that are a bit more than a single pathway with the occasional item chest on a short split?

I just remembered Aurum Vale and the Dzamael place with the crystal aoe's. Aurum Vale you had to watch out for the roaming patrols which was a bit interesting even if some people got frustrated by it.

I just think they should step it up a bit in terms of dungeon design since the last bunch have been pretty standard design wise even if they look aesthetically pleasing.

I'd love more complicated dungeons, or at least those that take actual thought / maybe some randomized elements. Also more overworld danger please...actual sea travel would be great.

Sifl

It's pretty sad when your on a small server and you see people that you remember from a few months ago from doing thordan, seph ex and savage with do nothing but craft all day because they're sick of the pf and they've given up trying to find groups to do content with. I say this as someone who started crafting also because of lack of people to do shit with, since the group I'm in is on a hiatus...sort of.

KanameYuuki

So how hard is turn 5 of BCoB with the new ilvl gear and so on.

I will suppose it is even more annoying than trying to get into King Mog, doing queue for whole days no luck and when I finally get in, group votes to abandon after a few tries.

Jeels

6% on Nidhogg today.

Is anybody from GAF even running it? Feels like if you aren't in the GAF elite you are scewed and there's no mid tier to learn and progress together. ;/ What happened to GAF FC.

aceface

Have a question regarding Favors since I just got them for the first time. Have the way they worked changed since 3.3?

They've changed in the sense that the items you get from them drop like candy from Aquapolis now so there's no point to doing them. Purified Coke and that stuff is super cheap on the mb now.

Just curious but has anyone here ever got suspended/banned? All the things I report just seem to go unoticed, honestly. The GM will tell you that they can't tell you what happens to x player but a ton of us reported these arseholes on Lamia that early pull every single hunt and yet I still see them in pf or whatnot. It is extremely aggravating to see that Se hasn't done anything to them when we have screenshot evidence and such. Some even make racial slurs. Lost (the top fc on lamia) are a bunch of elitist pricks. I have like one on my friend list that is nice to me but the others are incredibly rude and call you n**** and stuff. How does that just go unoticed by SE? Sorry, just had to vent for a bit. There is currently a movement on Lamia trying to get them banned for what they do in hunts and such but nothing has worked so far. All my report history have been replied to but there is no indication that Se ever does anything, at least for me. I use the report button for major issues and problems I encounter with players but none of them ever get suspended or banned o.o

Top Bottom