• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Omni

Helped a friend clear Seph ex today. It's nice when people let someone with a bonus into their farm parties since we all know how clear parties can be like. I think that leaves... maybe three or so people left in my FC who are geared enough to enter that need to clear. Actually surprised how much we're getting done as a group these days. A lot of fun o.o

Jayhawk

Just curious but has anyone here ever got suspended/banned? All the things I report just seem to go unoticed, honestly. The GM will tell you that they can't tell you what happens to x player but a ton of us reported these arseholes on Lamia that early pull every single hunt and yet I still see them in pf or whatnot. It is extremely aggravating to see that Se hasn't done anything to them when we have screenshot evidence and such. Some even make racial slurs. Lost (the top fc on lamia) are a bunch of elitist pricks. I have like one on my friend list that is nice to me but the others are incredibly rude and call you n**** and stuff. How does that just go unoticed by SE? Sorry, just had to vent for a bit. There is currently a movement on Lamia trying to get them banned for what they do in hunts and such but nothing has worked so far. All my report history have been replied to but there is no indication that Se ever does anything, at least for me. I use the report button for major issues and problems I encounter with players but none of them ever get suspended or banned o.o

Discriminatory language could get a player in trouble, but there is no such rule in the game's terms of service for 'pulling a hunt early'. People are free to pull whenever they want. GMs can't do anything about that.

That sounds like effort.

If people can get through Aurum Vale they can learn and get through similar stuff. Or get carried, whichever happens first.

I'd love more complicated dungeons, or at least those that take actual thought / maybe some randomized elements. Also more overworld danger please...actual sea travel would be great.

The thing with the overworld is is that it's only a threat as you're leveling, once you get better gear they are no longer a threat. I don't know what they can do to change that.

Squishy3

The most danger I ever felt was when I was making the runs to the places where you needed to attune for Ramuh and Leviathan

but that's no longer a threat because by the time you reach that point now the game's tossed you a set of i110 armor and i90 accessories

Discriminatory language could get a player in trouble, but there is no such rule in the game's terms of service for 'pulling a hunt early'. People are free to pull whenever they want. GMs can't do anything about that.

And pulling them shouting abusive language is fine? They do it to get a rise out of people :(

Teknoman

6% on Nidhogg today.

Is anybody from GAF even running it? Feels like if you aren't in the GAF elite you are scewed and there's no mid tier to learn and progress together. ;/ What happened to GAF FC.

I'll be back to the point bugging you guys for help soon enough :p All else fails, before GAF help night, we'd just grab whoever hadnt done a fight/dungeon yet, those experience that would help, and then fill the rest with others from the server that needed a helping hand.

If people can get through Aurum Vale they can learn and get through similar stuff. Or get carried, whichever happens first.

The thing with the overworld is is that it's only a threat as you're leveling, once you get better gear they are no longer a threat. I don't know what they can do to change that.

True. I suppose making enemies that are much stronger than the current max level by 5 or so? Thats one of the few things I miss from 1.0 and XI. Enemies that werent NMs or tied to events, that could still wreck you if you werent careful. I know Yoshi and team are still looking at that, since he said he wanted to add more danger back to the overworld, but other than some random dangerous elements or limit breaking enemies, i'm actually not sure what they could do either.

Omni

6% on Nidhogg today.

Is anybody from GAF even running it? Feels like if you aren't in the GAF elite you are scewed and there's no mid tier to learn and progress together. ;/ What happened to GAF FC.
I really wish cross-server was a thing. Would love to help people here with stuff but I'm on Lamia. The raid finder was a nice first step (even if it never actually works) but I'd like to see more on that front.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You know, I've yet to see some really offensive stuff in the chat. I'll probably see it soon though now that I hit lvl40 and have access to harder dungeons. I wonder if it will get To Moba levels.

Jeels

I really wish cross-server was a thing. Would love to help people here with stuff but I'm on Lamia. The raid finder was a nice first step (even if it never actually works) but I'd like to see more on that front.

Ya I've wanted something like that since so many of our euro friends went to the EU servers.

If i ever needed a reminder as to what FFXIV can feel like...

40mins and waiting in a queue for Sohm Al (dps so long queues expected).

Good to be back!

Akainu

Had this duty finder going for 169 minutes. Finally get a full party going and one dps screws the whole thing. Fuck you people.

6% on Nidhogg today.

Sorry, husbando. We put up a learning party yesterday, got our last DPS and went in 2 minutes before you asked in FC chat :V

Hey guys, I just got an item code for ordering something on Amazon but I don't play FFXIV, so quote to reveal if you want it!

Edit: You have to go to ffxivredeem.com/amazon to get it

6% on Nidhogg today.

I got my clear and farms all through PF. Sorry GARF isn't around to carry you. Most raid groups didn't even bother with Hog since there was no weapon damage difference from 230 or have cleared a7 where they didn't need it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I got my clear and farms all through PF. Sorry GARF isn't around to carry you. Most raid groups didn't even bother with Hog since there was no weapon damage difference from 230 or have cleared a7 where they didn't need it.

Weapons for alt jobs?
Birb farm?
lol
Sales?

PepperedHam

Leveling bard, at level 57, I feel like it is taking me forever to kill mobs to the point where I'm under 50% health every fight. Is this normal for leveling through the Heavensward stuff?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Got to lvl 42 today and met primal Odin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnOsz93MZ_I
I could barely telll what going on.
hnGHJY4.jpg

I dont even know what odin looks like.

Squishy3

I just realized when we have the upgrade tokens in the final wing of the mhach stuff that we'll need a farthing, a penny, and whatever the third one is to upgrade the new currency gear

SkyOdin

Got to lvl 42 today and met primal Odin.

I could barely telll what going on.
I dont even know what odin looks like.
You can use the /battleeffects command to control whether or not you see the animations for other players. I forgot the exact syntax, but you can find it in the list of text commands in the macro menu. I made a couple macros to be able to turn the effects on or off as I need them, and Odin is a good time to turn off other players' battle effects.

Odin is a fun FATE though. It has been a while since I last saw him. He spawned on my server this morning, but I was in the middle of a dungeon at the time. It always seems to happen like that.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
"The Amazon Video Games Team thanks you for your purchase. As part of the "Final Fantasy XIV Summer DLC Promo," when you spend $19.99 in the Video Games category on Amazon, you are entitled to a promotional code that will grant you six exclusive in-game items for Final Fantazy XIV!"

anyone want a xbox code? first pm gets it

"The Amazon Video Games Team thanks you for your purchase. As part of the "Final Fantasy XIV Summer DLC Promo," when you spend $19.99 in the Video Games category on Amazon, you are entitled to a promotional code that will grant you six exclusive in-game items for Final Fantazy XIV!"

anyone want a xbox code? first pm gets it

Xbox and FFXIV are not possible in the same sentence...sir.

Omni

Tooook all of my gil plus a little bit of farming Moogle normal mode, but I got the two handed WHM Moogle Cane crafted today. So good!

Tomorrow I'll have the dance and mount and everything will be a-okay.

Sifl

That's a thing? Why bother without the heavy thrust buff first... Or even using power surge with spineshatter anyway. Clearly people don't know how to maximize them deepz
They are obviously using it to get into the fight quicker...but they could just use elusive jump for that. Yea though, spineshatter is 1 thing but I have no idea why they waste power surge on it.

No way you see 1300 in any sort of sustained fight unless they are like 240 and really fucking good.
Our WAR does close to 1200 as OT in A6 and that's without TA and HC. As I said, depends on the fight, most Midas fights have too many swaps and downtime to analyze whole floor OT DPS anyways.

I might just be spoiled by our dps whore WAR too in which case ignore me lol
Even with the nerf?

I'm parsing at like 800 with my i220 DRK or whatever it is >.<
WAR is special.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah so i beat siren main scenario quest. Thank God for sleep. Killing 5 waved of enemies right after yhe other became a pain with the killer bubbles. I didnt beat it until I got the buff.

Top Bottom