• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Cherry-picking a one to two minute segment in a longer fight, a segment that has an add portion for DPS inflation, as what the standard for WAR DPS is for A6S is disingenuous.
Yeah, I was being an idiot. Was just looking at general DPS instead of fight DPS, should have asked which fight he was looking at lol

Thorgal

yMaPZiK.png

i am beginning to suspect my retainers to be like this .

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I have to get something off my chest here.

I've come back to the game after uninstalling and it was a bit overwhelming. I have to remember how to play again, how I had my crossbars, macros, etc. Not to mention how the hell to play all the jobs. So, I rolled a character on my friend's server to get back into the swing of things to get used to the game.

For of its faults, quirks and what have you, I really enjoy this game. I probably secretly missed it. Tried to replace it. But I think I missed it. Starting over with this character for now doesn't bother me in the least. I'm enjoying the process, the leveling, the rediscovery and the community.

I beat this game up pretty good but I have to admit, I believe 95% of it was all me. Scorning it for what it wasn't instead of enjoying what it is.

I hope I can start back up on my main character soon or even just continue with the new one I have. I really love it and I look forward to the rest of the patches. Palace of the Dead sounds pretty cool.

Here is Nyan Cattington. \o/

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Anyone having problems logging in? Been through a 500+ person queue 3 times and get a 90002 error when it's finally my turn to get in.

Teknoman

So, I have to get something off my chest here.

I've come back to the game after uninstalling and it was a bit overwhelming. I have to remember how to play again, how I had my crossbars, macros, etc. Not to mention how the hell to play all the jobs. So, I rolled a character on my friend's server to get back into the swing of things to get used to the game.

For of its faults, quirks and what have you, I really enjoy this game. I probably secretly missed it. Tried to replace it. But I think I missed it. Starting over with this character for now doesn't bother me in the least. I'm enjoying the process, the leveling, the rediscovery and the community.

I beat this game up pretty good but I have to admit, I believe 95% of it was all me. Scorning it for what it wasn't instead of enjoying what it is.

I hope I can start back up on my main character soon or even just continue with the new one I have. I really love it and I look forward to the rest of the patches. Palace of the Dead sounds pretty cool.

Here is Nyan Cattington. \o/

As with FFXI, you can never replace an online FF...unless its with another online FF lol.

Wow, the 240 relic has to be the most beautiful Astrologian orb in the game. I love it on default but it dyes gorgeously as well. A very well done design and truly worthy of a relic type of weapon. The light also lights up with the dye you use on it.

nx2WvMA.jpg

But yeah, I'm finally done the grind. So worth it for this orb <3

I went with max crit and spell speed!

Wow, the 240 relic has to be the most beautiful Astrologian orb in the game. I love it on default but it dyes gorgeously as well. A very well done design and truly worthy of a relic type of weapon. The light also lights up with the dye you use on it.

nx2WvMA.jpg

But yeah, I'm finally done the grind. So worth it for this orb <3

I went with max crit and spell speed!

dat wink <3

Kemal86

Finally finished the 3.3 story. Patch should have been called "Revenge of the Feels". Pretty sure I said "you...motherfuckers" out loud at a certain point in the final cinematic.

Anyway, is it thought that the next patch will make the Unidentified item grind for Anima easier? I just came back to the game a couple weeks ago after taking 8 months off, and it seems overwhelming. I'm saving up all of my Beast Tribe tokens just in case they nerf the grind soon.

aceface

Finally finished the 3.3 story. Patch should have been called "Revenge of the Feels". Pretty sure I said "you...motherfuckers" out loud at a certain point in the final cinematic.

Anyway, is it thought that the next patch will make the Unidentified item grind for Anima easier? I just came back to the game a couple weeks ago after taking 8 months off, and it seems overwhelming. I'm saving up all of my Beast Tribe tokens just in case they nerf the grind soon.

If you do the Moogle quests to max it's a new way to get unidentified items quicker. They may do a nerf for that part but keep in mind the next major patch is more than two months away. I wouldn't expect any kind of nerf to relic in 3.35.

Also keep in mind that while the unidentified step is long, it's almost like 2 steps in one. You can easily get the Aether oils you need to bump the relic up to i230 while you are collecting unidentifieds.

Kemal86

If you do the Moogle quests to max it's a new way to get unidentified items quicker. They may do a nerf for that part but keep in mind the next major patch is more than two months away. I wouldn't expect any kind of nerf to relic in 3.35.

Also keep in mind that while the unidentified step is long, it's almost like 2 steps in one. You can easily get the Aether oils you need to bump the relic up to i230 while you are collecting unidentifieds.

Huh. Thanks for the tips. I'll have to investigate the Moogle quest and aether oils. I've been doing Sahagin, Amajira(sp), and Vath.

Reszo

Hey if anyone wants the Amazon Summer DLC it looks like you can get a code from pre-ordering too (amazon doesn't charge your card until the game ships). I didn't realize I had a code until I checked my email. I got it for pre-ordering Persona 5.

So if you want the DLC this is a good way to get it without spending money lol.

Even dyed it's boring. At least the stats are great!

So ugly but grats! Doesn't it feel great after it is done? Haha. No more forcing yourself to drink caffeine and do roulettes. I mean, I don't think I'm going to get another 240. Maybe hyperconductive blm weapon eventually but I'm not bothered.

Top Bottom