• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
To be honest, this late into the game's life cycle it only makes sense to give people individuality. If everyone had the same gear style it would be boring.

I do wish it was as simple as the FFXI system though. Don't have to waste money on crystals and such. Just equip what you want to be visible, lock it in, then go back to normal gear.

Thorgal

Speaking about glamour ...

Is that skirt even legal ? :p

ffxiv_dx112016-07-032b2sok.jpg

ffxiv_dx112016-07-032oespc.jpg

ffxiv_dx112016-07-032vosw2.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thinking about dropping Marvel Heroes and picking back up FFXIV as my go to game to play each morning before I go to work.

Have they updated the grind at all since heavensward, as in the time it takes to get to lvl 60? My guy was still at like 49 and that was the one thing that always turned me off when playing. Felt like it took forever to level up each class.

Ken

Thinking about dropping Marvel Heroes and picking back up FFXIV as my go to game to play each morning before I go to work.

Have they updated the grind at all since heavensward, as in the time it takes to get to lvl 60? My guy was still at like 49 and that was the one thing that always turned me off when playing. Felt like it took forever to level up each class.

they buffed dungeon XP, i think in the 50+ ones.

also remember to do your daily low level roulette for xp bonus

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Hey im lvl 49 too. We can cling together for the final boss.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I just came back a few weeks ago and was at 50, and between doing main story missions and quests in new villages, I got to 60 pretty fast. Doing the quests in villages will also get you geared enough to get through them. If you're at 49 though, you'll have a LOTS of story missions to go through.

I finally got to Idyllshire for the first time and was presented to the sight of dozens of people in skimpy outfits holding a glamour contest.

I was told the city was abandoned!

Omni

Does Idyllshire look the same for everyone if they're just getting there for the first time? I remember it being in rubble but it's changed a lot. I like seeing the progression in each patch

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does Idyllshire look the same for everyone if they're just getting there for the first time? I remember it being in rubble but it's changed a lot. I like seeing the progression in each patch
They've expanded the map since launch so I imagine everyone gets the current version instead of the rubble that was in 3.0. Otherwise fresh 60s would see people inside locked areas and standing in construction sites.

They've expanded the map since launch so I imagine everyone gets the current version instead of the rubble that was in 3.0. Otherwise fresh 60s would see people inside locked areas and standing in construction sites.

Yeah it looks the same for everyone. I asked a former fc friend that just got there a few weeks ago.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Finished up to the end of 3.2 and, unless the wiki is wrong, it doesn't look like, Main Story-wise, 3.3 is that long.

Those SMN Job Emotes are incredibly adorable....

Squishy3

Finished up to the end of 3.2 and, unless the wiki is wrong, it doesn't look like, Main Story-wise, 3.3 is that long.

Those SMN Job Emotes are incredibly adorable....
There's a dungeon, a trial, and some lengthy cutscenes. Plus that's just the main scenario, there's an entire sidequest chain after you finish it.

That sucks that people miss out on seeing it and Mor Dhona change over time. But I guess that's a perk of being an early and long term supporter..

Yep, I missed the original Steps of faith before it was nerfed and my friend goes on about how hard it was. I wish there was a way we can play pre patch content because when we went into steps it was faceroll easy last May ish. I wish I started playing earlier!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That sucks that people miss out on seeing it and Mor Dhona change over time. But I guess that's a perk of being an early and long term supporter..

I missed out on this one, but I played long enough to see the Mor Dona upgrades. I might have missed one before the current one, but it's close enough that I think it's just the one. I remember early Mor Dona, and people hopping up onto those crystals...

Seems like I have stuff to do until then. Good! Also, just ran Mhach and we couldn't get past the dps check on Forgall. I bailed the hell out of there and got my casting hat from arachne already. No shame.

tgl3

Neo Member
I burnt out horribly on the game a month or so back on lore grinding the same two dungeons each day, so I've started crafting and gathering last week after saying for months I never would.

I thought I had my inventory and retainer management under control. I was wrong. I've not even done my weekly expert/weeping city because I've been enjoying crafting so much.
What have I done?
xQLfZd8.png

aceface

Finally hit lvl 50. Had to complete a dungeon with a terrible puller. He blamed for doing enough dps as black mage. Me the black mage.

Was he pulling tons of enemies at once? If so, get used to it, that's how people expect to to do all the high level dungeons. Although it he saw you were a fresh 50 he probably should have known enough to lay off a bit.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Was he pulling tons of enemies at once? If so, get used to it, that's how people expect to to do all the high level dungeons. Although it he saw you were a fresh 50 he probably should have known enough to lay off a bit.
It was was he was the noob who pulled 15 enemies to the side.

Cmagus

They really need to fix PVP in this game. The 1hr+ queue times are getting ridiculous and some days you can't even get in anything. They need to introduce a variant that removes the GC restrictions and just puts people together at this point.

ebil

I wonder if introducing a 4th GC that would function as a wild card / mercenaries (filling whichever group as needed) would help or could be easily exploited, I haven't done any PvP since Seal Rock.

Is it obvious enough that I really want Ishgard to have its own GC?

Top Bottom