• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Sifl

They really need to fix PVP in this game. The 1hr+ queue times are getting ridiculous and some days you can't even get in anything. They need to introduce a variant that removes the GC restrictions and just puts people together at this point.
Switch your gc to where the shit pvpers are. On Aether that's adders, you'll lose a lot but at least you'll get to play, I guess.

Also cross server pf when, Mateus literally on its last breath.

Cmagus

I wonder if introducing a 4th GC that would act as a wild card / mercenaries (filling whichever group as needed) would help or could be easily exploited, I haven't done any PvP since Seal Rock.

Is it obvious enough that I really want Ishgard to have its own GC?

They need something. the Aether data center is completely dead. Everyday I queue for PVP and idle and it never pops. I queue up for Shatter, Feast and Seal Rock and I've tried switching GC and nothing. I just withdrew after an 1hr 45 min wait just now.

Problem is in Japan the PVP is well and alive and since SE base everything off the JP servers the NA usually get screwed as usual. Maybe people just won't wanna do it as well I dunno but it's a shame because PVP is pretty fun in this game.

Switch your gc to where the shit pvpers are. On Aether that's adders, you'll lose a lot but at least you'll get to play, I guess.

Also cross server pf when, Mateus literally on its last breath.

I was on the Adders.

Sifl

They need something. the Aether data center is completely dead. Everyday I queue for PVP and idle and it never pops. I queue up for Shatter, Feast and Seal Rock and I've tried switching GC and nothing. I just withdrew after an 1hr 45 min wait just now.

Problem is in Japan the PVP is well and alive and since SE base everything off the JP servers the NA usually get screwed as usual. Maybe people just won't wanna do it as well I dunno but it's a shame because PVP is pretty fun in this game.

I was on the Adders.
It's either the times your queuing or it's the usual Pvp ques being dumb. The active pvp times for stuff like Shatter (and at 1 point Seal) was always at night, starting at around 7-8 pm est going all the way to 4 am est some days. I was queuing on Mael a few days ago and getting in every few minutes after a match ended, all 72 man. But on another day I was qued for almost an hour and didn't get into a single match, and people on my friendlist who were also on Mael had gotten into multiple before me even 1.

Pvp ques commonly break when queuing with groups, and occasionally by yourself like it did with me. There's really no way to fix it except not queuing with people and canceling and re-queuing during active times, hoping it doesn't skip over you.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Nidhogg's SwiftRage is a lot more fun on MCH than it was on SCH.
And not hard at all, I don't understand how people can possibly have difficulties with this fight.

RNG really doesn't like me, did at least 12 turn ins for the second half of my anima and not one bonus point. I'm super close though, 900 more eso. I'll be done with grinding aside from weekly Weeping City for a time.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
RNG really doesn't like me, did at least 12 turn ins for the second half of my anima and not one bonus point. I'm super close though, 900 more eso. I'll be done with grinding aside from weekly Weeping City for a time.

I am at 231/240. I have hardly gotten any bonus :(

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How does the need and greed system work? Does need have higher odds then greed or what?

You can need if the item is designed for your class (for example, dex items for archers and ninjas, mind items for healers) and all-class items or crafting materials can be needed on by anybody. Need will always beat out greed.

Just as I thought it would take forever, RNG took pity on me and gave me three more points for the two umbrite turn ins, and now they're finished (Sultan's Fists)... for now.
CmjeCjkVYAAX4pg.jpg:medium

Thorgal

just to see if i got this right for weeping city loot : i can get as many runs as i want of the place , however i can only get one piece of monk gear each week . is that right ?

Just as I thought it would take forever, RNG took pity on me and gave me three more points for the two umbrite turn ins, and now they're finished (Sultan's Fists)... for now.
CmjeCjkVYAAX4pg.jpg:medium

What even is that? xD. I feel like these designs are so terrible except the Astrologian one I have. However, congratulations are in order for you. Congrats!

What even is that? xD. I feel like these designs are so terrible except the Astrologian one I have. However, congratulations are in order for you. Congrats!

Not going to lie, compared to the Verethragna it's pretty underwhelming... it's half a sawblade on gloves, but at least it's dyeable (the metal parts). But it prompted me to make the char look more middle easternish/India-esque for Ala Mhigan hype.

Astrologian got the best of the redesigns I think, and Dark Knight too.

Omni

Got my weaver to level 50.

Actually really fun being able to upgrade my own gear as I go along. Can see why people love crafting. I have no idea how the end game stuff works though. Where do I unlock scripts or whatever they're called? I already have a Cul at level 60.

//shrug.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
:sigh:

resubbed. reinstalling. Heavensword bought.

LVL 50 SMN, and LVL 50 on all crafting stuff. Ended with doing some Coil stuff.

Where do I get started in catching up? And is the GAF sagittarius company still going?

3 weeks later.

All caught up on Heavensward (that final story trial was a lot of fun), and a slightly useful ilvl 207 SMN. Now for endgame stuff and fun.

Starting with Moogle Tribe stuff to level crafting. Anyone have a link to the good lvl 50 crafting rotations? I have everything at 50 (LTW 51 after just one day in Moogle land). I can't remember what most of these abilities do anymore...

Wilsongt

3 weeks later.

All caught up on Heavensward (that final story trial was a lot of fun), and a slightly useful ilvl 207 SMN. Now for endgame stuff and fun.

Starting with Moogle Tribe stuff to level crafting. Anyone have a link to the good lvl 50 crafting rotations? I have everything at 50 (LTW 51 after just one day in Moogle land). I can't remember what most of these abilities do anymore...

You shouldn't need much of a rotation. Inner Quiet + Steady Hand II + Advance Touch for quality. Could throw a great strides in there if you want.

Steady Head II + Standard Synthesis for progress. They're all fairly easy synths.

You should also work on your daily GC turn ins. Some people in the FC could help you power level if you want. Unless you have the artisan gear pretty high up there, leveling crafts from 50 - 52 is a little challenging as getting HQ without HQ mats at that level is difficult.

Also, you might want to go ahead and try working on Alexander Gordias and Midas. Once you get to Floor 8 (Midas 4) you can clear it a few times to get some decent 220 gear.. Save up some lore and then you can grab your 230 SMN book. By then the upgrade item should be available and you could make it 240. Better than the slog of trying to go from your Novus to the Anima.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You should also work on your daily GC turn ins. Some people in the FC could help you power level if you want. Unless you have the artisan gear pretty high up there, leveling crafts from 50 - 52 is a little challenging as getting HQ without HQ mats at that level is difficult.

Also, you might want to go ahead and try working on Alexander Gordias and Midas. Once you get to Floor 8 (Midas 4) you can clear it a few times to get some decent 220 gear.. Save up some lore and then you can grab your 230 SMN book. By then the upgrade item should be available and you could make it 240. Better than the slog of trying to go from your Novus to the Anima.

GC turn ins?

Already got the first Anima book, and am about halfway through the second upgrade. But right now using the upgraded 210 book from Esoterics.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
GC turn ins?

Already got the first Anima book, and am about halfway through the second upgrade. But right now using the upgraded 210 book from Esoterics.

Check daily timers- there's an item for each crafting class you can hand in each day for a bunch of XP and some seals.

squadr0n

Sorry, its been awhile since ive played and im about to reinstall FFXIV on my new PC.

Is there any way to use Steam to download my game without buying it on Steam? I purchased FFXIV way before it was available on Steam and dont want to buy it again lol.

Also where do I check to see if I already own Heavensward on the Lodestone site?
Edit: NVM I found where to check on the Mog Station and I do own a license for Heavensward. Forgot how convoluted Square's account management stuff is, atleast its not like FFXI was at launch lol.

Omni

Thank you. Unlocked this today.

Man. I don't even know where to begin. I don't even know if I want to. My gear isn't anywhere near good enough to HQ items at the level they want. Could spend millions on stuff from the MB to help I suppose but that hardly feels worth it.

Such a long and drawn out process. Feels like you're screwed if you don't have the gil to back you up.

Squishy3

Man. I don't even know where to begin. I don't even know if I want to. My gear isn't anywhere near good enough to HQ items at the level they want. Could spend millions on stuff from the MB to help I suppose but that hardly feels worth it.

Such a long and drawn out process. Feels like you're screwed if you don't have the gil to back you up.
Eh, just concentrate on the moogle quests, that's like 60%+ of a level each day, and they sell NQ gear if you want to craft stuff but the stuff they want you to craft is laughably easy compared to Ixali even when they want you to HQ it because it's all 80 durability stuff.

Maybe pool money to get the 60 interim stuff or slowly get the stuff needed for the crafter ironworks gear on your way to 60 if you want

So I got my bsm to 60 today and was thinking of gearing it up until one of my friends told me gearing up individual crafters is entirely useless because I can't craft much at all. I have like 15 million Gil and was gonna blow it on ironworks pieces but that's useless until I get all my crafts to 50+ honestly. Looks like for endgame you really need all crafters at that level so that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Plus, ironkworks will likely be useless by the time I'm there. Only got weaver at nearly 50 and the rest is below 30. So yeah I'm glad I didn't waste my money. Mb prices are also quite whack on my server for those sets so I can get discounts through the right people thankfully. Also, my ast is now i235. I was thinking gearing all of the right side might be useless though since Midas savage gear is better and I can clear that once a week with the right group. Eh idk I'll probably still use lore upgrades.

Sifl

I love how dumb people that use the mb are. I made 1 too many Eikon Leathers so I looked at the history of what they were selling for and saw the only 2 listings were for around what they were going for. So I put it up for the exact same price as the only other 2 currently on the mb, checked like 5 mins later and the guy lowered his by 150k, guess I scared him.

Just leave it there breh.

So I've gotten to the point where playing my main class just isn't fun anymore (DRG). I still haven't completed the 3.3 story because my only other classes at 60 are Blacksmith, Miner and Dark Knight who is severely under the ilvl limit. I can't tell if it's time to find a new main, item grind for dark knight or just level up a new class to 60...

I do enjoy being a dark knight still so maybe that's the way to go.

In fact all month I've probably did like... 5 dungeons. I've barely killed anything in the game and played a lot. Mining all the way

Omni

Dark Knight is fun.

Though it seems like MP management is a pain when running content for the first time. First time tanking Nidhogg ex I ran out several times during simply because I couldn't prepare for what was coming. Just used blood price? Oh well too bad 'cause now he's flying away and you're crippled... etc. Job as a whole doesn't feel as forgiving as the other tanks.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

FWIW, I'd skip out on using collectibles to lv crafters (use them to lv gatherers though if they're not at 60). I'd also avoid doing the red scrip turn ins for Cul cause of the crazy amount mats you need for it. The Cul mats arent really expensive if you do something like Deep Fried Okeanis, but it's a time sink cause of the amount you need to craft to cap for the week. I only bother with the Carpenter stuff to cap for the week. The mats are mostly easy to gather and you only need 9 - 11 of them to cap.

As for gear, the adept set at the moogle camp is more than good enough for blue scrips if you have the good cross class actions. If you have ALC and GSM lv'd I'd use GSM to get blue scrips. If you don't, CUL's Marron Glacé isn't too bad on the mat side just time consuming cause the payout is 22 blue scrips per when it's not on bonus.

Once you have easy access to blue scrips gearing up should be a breeze. They nerfed the cost of the class specific lv 60 set from red tokens to blue tokens in this last patch and since blue scrips don't have a weekly cap you can get as many pieces as you want now. That set is more than good enough to craft stuff for red scrips.

Dark Knight is fun.

Though it seems like MP management is a pain when running content for the first time. First time tanking Nidhogg ex I ran out several times during simply because I couldn't prepare for what was coming. Just used blood price? Oh well too bad 'cause now he's flying away and you're crippled... etc. Job as a whole doesn't feel as forgiving as the other tanks.

People call it the most busy job of the tank jobs, and "like playing piano on your keyboard". The MP management is definitely harder to get used to also

Top Bottom