• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

WolvenOne

Okay, decision finally made. Gonna suspend my account until I'm done with this long term project I've been working on. (Writing a fan-novel.) So, I take it I just go to mogstation, and turn off recurring payments?

Also, since I really shouldn't leave you all without a pun.

Why couldn't the Elezen grow Sunset Wheat Seeds? Turned out he hadn't Botany.

Redx508

Okay, decision finally made. Gonna suspend my account until I'm done with this long term project I've been working on. (Writing a fan-novel.) So, I take it I just go to mogstation, and turn off recurring payments?

Also, since I really shouldn't leave you all without a pun.

Why couldn't the Elezen grow Sunset Wheat Seeds? Turned out he hadn't Botany.

yea that should be it turn off recurring payments.

take care!

have fun writing your erotic novel

Dark Knight is fun.

Though it seems like MP management is a pain when running content for the first time. First time tanking Nidhogg ex I ran out several times during simply because I couldn't prepare for what was coming. Just used blood price? Oh well too bad 'cause now he's flying away and you're crippled... etc. Job as a whole doesn't feel as forgiving as the other tanks.

What I do is use Blood Price for AOE tanking multiple mobs, or I use it to keep my mana up while I spam Power Slash because I almost let the DPS overtake me, then it's back to using Blood Weapon after turning off Grit.

Omni

This dandelion mount though...

w6IUQZh.jpg

I mean it's cool and all but the pose and angle is just... really.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I finished the main scenario like 2 days ago and got the black mage gear.

Also a short video of some of my gear and stuff.
https://youtu.be/d3_urH2Ol2E
I still dont know how you're suppose to affix materia.
There's 3 ways to meld materia.

1.) Easiest way is to find the Materia Master NPC in the main cities. He should be by the market board.

2.) Level up your crafting classes so you can do your own melds. This will take forever so you'll want to avoid doing this if you don't like crafting. As a BLM you'll need to lv Leatherworker, Weaver, and Goldsmith to do most of your melds. As a bonus you'll also be able to do your own repairs in and out of dungeons.

3.) Ask a crafter to do it for you. The item tooltip will tell you the required crafting class and lv for the meld. Ask around for someone that meets those requirements, have the materia and matter in your inventory, then right click/press the square button on the person who's doing your melds, select Request Meld.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
There's 3 ways to meld materia.

1.) Easiest way is to find the Materia Master NPC in the main cities. He should be by the market board.

2.) Level up your crafting classes so you can do your own melds. This will take forever so you'll want to avoid doing this if you don't like crafting. As a BLM you'll need to lv Leatherworker, Weaver, and Goldsmith to do most of your melds. As a bonus you'll also be able to do your own repairs in and out of dungeons.

3.) Ask a crafter to do it for you. The item tooltip will tell you the required crafting class and lv for the meld. Ask around for someone that meets those requirements, have the materia and matter in your inventory, then right click/press the square button on the person who's doing your melds, select Request Meld.
I know about the materia master but i want to do it myself. I have a lvl 13 weaver but dont know how to put 1 and 2 together.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I know about the materia master but i want to do it myself. I have a lvl 13 weaver but dont know how to put 1 and 2 together.
You need to lv weaver (or any other crafting class) to lv 19 to unlock a side quest that adds the meld option.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Waking_the_Spirit

At lv 25 you can go back to same the NPC to unlock overmelding. If you're trying to meld lv 50 - 60 stuff you'll need to lv up your crafting classes to lv 50.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You need to lv weaver (or any other crafting class) to lv 19 to unlock a side quest that adds the meld option.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Waking_the_Spirit

At lv 25 you can go back to same the NPC to unlock overmelding. If you're trying to meld lv 50 - 60 stuff you'll need to lv up your crafting classes to lv 50.
Ok thanks.
maybe timezone? since when you DF it's the entire datacenter so it's not just ultros to blame.
I find only 6 other poeple in duty finder. Whats up with that? I made a plate of mashed potatoes and it was still searching. Also pvp is dead.

ebil

People still leave Steps of Faith right away about 50% of the time whenever I get thrown into it and it's not even hard (just tedious).

Jeels

It's been a month and people are still leaving nidhogg normal right away when they get it in trial roulette.

Well, I've had to drop a few times when the DPS can't clear the ADD phase after 4-5 tries...I'll give it a few goes but a dps check is a dps check.

Firebrand

Heads-up to anyone in the UK that been thinking of making the jump to PC, the bundle is crazy cheap on Amazon right now at £10.88. Includes 30 days, though I assume that'll delay veteran rewards by a month.

Sifl

Well, I've had to drop a few times when the DPS can't clear the ADD phase after 4-5 tries...I'll give it a few goes but a dps check is a dps check.
If you try and the group can't clear the dps check its 1 thing, but giving up before it even starts is pretty silly. There weren't even any new people and someone still left immediately.

Jeels

If you try and the group can't clear the dps check its 1 thing, but giving up before it even starts is pretty silly. There weren't even any new people and someone still left immediately.

Ya, fair enough. I actually cleared with a group with 2-3 new people the past week in one go. It is very easily puggable, so long as you can pass those DPS checks and you have good healers that can compensate for people not knowing how to avoid AOEs.

I just felt like it does get frustrating when people are so bad they can't pass NM DPS checks. It makes me feel like I am wasting my time.

Squishy3

The last time I did final steps of faith the guy who complained that it was final steps of faith and that he got it in his trial roulette had already cleared but died like 9 times across all attempts and never stacked with us for akh morn

meanwhile the people i went in with to do it because it was their first time didn't die on any attempt past the first one

Dedicated maybe half my day to Nidhogg today to get a clear and we saw phase 3 maybe 5 times over the last 4 hours with different pfs. Lamia is a disaster on pf. I'm convinced right now that we are one of the worst servers and that's why I keep seeing deleted friends on my profile that transferred. Man, it is just so bad when you have 3 people that cleared the fight helping out and they die the most. Hopefully I'll get a clear this weekend >.< I'm not saying it is bad to be casual.... but damn it is bad to make a phase 3/clear party and not know red and blue apart on fang and claw.

Omni

Must be at 41 clears or so of Nidhogg ex at this point. Most of them PFs. Only seen the bird drop once and rolled like a 2.

Feels bad man

At least you're not joining "farm" parties where the mt loses aggro to our BLM and the whole party gets cleaved in their opener. Turns out he has a i210 weapon. Goody.

It really pains me to see people struggle with this fight.

Sifl

Dedicated maybe half my day to Nidhogg today to get a clear and we saw phase 3 maybe 5 times over the last 4 hours with different pfs. Lamia is a disaster on pf. I'm convinced right now that we are one of the worst servers and that's why I keep seeing deleted friends on my profile that transferred. Man, it is just so bad when you have 3 people that cleared the fight helping out and they die the most. Hopefully I'll get a clear this weekend >.< I'm not saying it is bad to be casual.... but damn it is bad to make a phase 3/clear party and not know red and blue apart on fang and claw.
At least you have listings on your pf.

Village

I genuinly enjoy this game, more than most games.

I am at a point where money is getting tight and I have to take a break for a couple weeks, when that happened with DCUO or the other mmo's I had been playing, it ended up months they were fun enough. Letting them go wasn't exactly hard.

This game, I genuinely can't wait to play a again. This is a legitimately engaging game, I enjoy it.

That's all I have to say.

Jayhawk

Sharjeel is now posting pictures of Galen's ERP groups. Is this what happens when Angary isn't around to police these things?

Jayhawk

This is a job for you, obviously

Too busy with Overwatch static apparently named the 'league of lalafells'. This is what happens when you let the guy with the most loot boxes in the static pick the name. 7-2 last night in competitive play. Watch out, MLG!

Top Bottom