• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Salt is real in here, lol. Wow, SE....

Anyhow, I'm probably debating on another Hyperconductive weapon since I'm close. I'm generally torn between blm and WAR right now. I noticed that the blm 240 is BiS since the 245 savage a8 weapon has no crit though. The Axe is also really good though. Decisions decisions....
No it's not. Midan weapon has more WD and INT, it doesn't even compare.

aceface

I'm still confused as to why reaching Bloodsworn with the Moogles gives you 3 ventures.

All the HW beast tribes are the same, they added that extra Bloodsworn step that doesn't give you anything. I think for the other two you only got gil for bloodsworn. I'm not sure why they did that.

I'll need the additional crafter exp for bloodsworn anyway. I sold all my materia V for crafters as I can't gear a crafter with endgame gear atm. Made a crazy amount off them! I assume I won't be needing them for awhile anyway.

Cmagus

This whole promo thing was pure garbage all around. The amazon promo was garbage and expensive if you don't live in the US and this new EU one sounds like pure garbage as well. The thing I don't get is we have 7-11 in Canada why can't they ever do some promo with them here. I hope this backfires in their face though they need to get lost with this stuff and just use their cash shop if their gonna charge for it.

It's worth noting they're going through any of the promotional item thread on the forums and deleting posts. I just had my post removed completely and it wasn't even the slightest bit offensive or anything.

All the HW beast tribes are the same, they added that extra Bloodsworn step that doesn't give you anything. I think for the other two you only got gil for bloodsworn. I'm not sure why they did that.
Bloodsworn gives you more exp per turn in so you can level up jobs using beast tribes.

aceface

Hey scholars, how do you feel about Horde codex vs. i230 relic? Yeah Horde codex has a few more mind and vit but it pains me to lose the 114 crit or whatever it is.

ebil

- "Hey guys, let's just oneshot A7s, I need to get up early tomorrow"
- new Dragoon proceeds to die in the very first jail.

Healing the whole fight with a stack and people getting suppuration left and right was a living hell.

Hey scholars, how do you feel about Horde codex vs. i230 relic? Yeah Horde codex has a few more mind and vit but it pains me to lose the 114 crit or whatever it is.
I used Horde Codex until I got my Word of the Magnate but my whole gearset was basically low on crit because I never bothered to upgrade my lore set until last week and used Midan gear instead. It hardly matters to me (gaining like 300 crit made a huge difference though). I should also probably point out that I got my SCH relic after getting my Horde Codex (having just switched from AST/WHM main to SCH main) and I needed the 2 materia slots for accuracy purposes.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Angry thread on the official forums is 37 pages long and growing.
Realistically speaking, nothing will be done.

By the way, I totally missed the note in the announcement:
Note: Separate campaigns offering the same in-game items are currently being planned for those residing in: France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Australia, New Zealand and Nordic territories. Further details on these campaigns will be posted at a later date.
Guess Australia/NZ might be the easiest one to use for me, since I'm in Japan.

AlanOC91

Oh man. So much to do in this game.

Hit lvl 11 and unlocked guildeves or something? Those solo additional quests with a timer. I feel like there's so much to do. I pretty much just did them for 2 hours last night and finished at lvl 13 when I logged out.

This game is starting to draw me in. I can't wait to get a mount.

kurahador

Oh man. So much to do in this game.

Hit lvl 11 and unlocked guildeves or something? Those solo additional quests with a timer. I feel like there's so much to do. I pretty much just did them for 2 hours last night and finished at lvl 13 when I logged out.

This game is starting to draw me in. I can't wait to get a mount.

Don't bother with Levequests too much early game, it'll burn you out. Just keep going with the story quests as the mount is tied to the story.

Redx508

Thorgal

Last night i think i broke a new record in Weeping city .

( look at my HP )

Before fight

ffxiv_13072016_0003478assm.png

after the fight

Both healers where commending me with how long i managed to stay alive like that .
Frustrating part was that i could dance around every attack except the room wide aoe blasts which one shot me every time.

and yes people where very amused at my hp in chat :p

Thorgal

Wearing glamour gear in there or something? Not sure how else you can get under 10k lol

All my gear broke during that run ( forgot to go to a mender beforehand )

the last piece broke during the last fight .

Combine that with getting Brink of death debuff which lowers all stats by 30% and that is the end result .

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Almost got my first crafting job from 50-60. Love those moogle quests.

Also love that the best crafting gear appears to be all-job gear, rather than the job specific gear for lol 50. Nice as some of it looked, it will be nice to unload old gear.

Akainu

So the relics you get from a relic reborn do they get stronger cause all the work that goes into making them seems pointless since there is already better stuff by that point.

So the relics you get from a relic reborn do they get stronger cause all the work that goes into making them seems pointless since there is already better stuff by that point.

Zero point in doing them unless you want glam now or are a completionist. I wouldn't do it right now because it is a huge waste of time. I only have the blm zeta which i got like before anima was introduced. In fact, I think it was the day and I just trashed it into crystals. It is a very nice glam though!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Completing the ARR relic to the final step lets you skip the fate grinding for crystals... iirc? It's either that or it lets you skip that and the 10 dungeons you need to run.

Skips the crystals, but I was under the impression the drop rate was upped significantly with 3.3. I came back after 3.3 and it didn't take me more than a day of grinding to get all the crystals. I guess before that the Crystal drops were really, really rare.

I was on Novus weapon, and didn't want to go through everything. Was halfway through Soulglazing, so I finished that to get Nexus just for glamming.

Squishy3

Skips the crystals, but I was under the impression the drop rate was upped significantly with 3.3. I came back after 3.3 and it didn't take me more than a day of grinding to get all the crystals.

I was on Novus weapon, and didn't want to go through everything. Was halfway through Soulglazing, so I finished that to get Nexus just for glamming.
It honestly wasn't that bad before it got buffed either, having done it twice before it got buffed on 2 jobs.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
They're just for glamour at this point. There's much easier to obtain/stronger options now cause of the expansion.

Can you further change them into a zodiac and then anima weapon?
Yes but it's not worth it. Basically the ARR relic is required for Zodiac but Zodiac is optional for Anima. If you don't have a fully upgraded Zodiac Zeta you have to farm fates for a few hours to get your Anima starter weapon. And the work required to get Zodiac fully upgraded is way too tedious to bother with now when there's easier ways to get better weapons.

Zodiac quest chain: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Zodiac_Weapon

Anima quest chain (Zodiac Zeta will let you skip step 1): http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Anima_Weapons

Omni

It can't be understated just how awful those Animus books are

Think I got two books in before I gave up. Terrible. As bad as the i210 step is of the current relic, at least it's not that

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So i tried a whole bunch of other classes and none of the seem quite as sastifying as black mage. Being able to deal 1k+ damage without worrying about mana doesnt get more wonderful than this.

Thorgal

So i tried a whole bunch of other classes and none of the seem quite as sastifying as black mage. Being able to deal 1k+ damage without worrying about mana doesnt get more wonderful than this.

I BLM when I get tired late at night since it is so easy.

However it is a bit on the slow side.

I like speedy type classes so I made monk my main.

Getting a critical on fire 4 is just plain bliss though when you do 10k damage with it.

Sifl

I had a healer refuse to heal the tank because he was a lala in an ex roulette and we had to wait to kick him.Which one of you was this?

Soooo I think I'm gonna reduce a bit of my spell speed on the relic simply because I think piety is important and mine is a bit low atm. How much points should I reduce? I have 769 spell speed atm or something. That is maxed out at 120 on the relic chart.

Top Bottom