• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

xxczx

queued for diadem solo the first time after doing it a few times with my FC. 5 people out the group changed to gatherers as soon as we got off the first island, is this normal?

I gathered a few of the new ores for ingots and just left, I just want the NM Slayer title :(

dramatis

queued for diadem solo the first time after doing it a few times with my FC. 5 people out the group changed to gatherers as soon as we got off the first island, is this normal?

I gathered a few of the new ores for ingots and just left, I just want the NM Slayer title :(
Depends on who you go with.

You don't have to maintain combat with your group only, what you can try is just use shout chat and ask where the combat farming parties are at, and join the fights with other groups. NM can't be beat with just one party anyway.

Sorian

Banned
Depends on who you go with.

You don't have to maintain combat with your group only, what you can try is just use shout chat and ask where the combat farming parties are at, and join the fights with other groups. NM can't be beat with just one party anyway.

If you are the only person from your group fighting though, it's doubtful you will get any chests. And if you don't get a chest then it doesn't count as a NM kill either so that doesn't help with the title.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
If you are the only person from your group fighting though, it's doubtful you will get any chests. And if you don't get a chest then it doesn't count as a NM kill either so that doesn't help with the title.
One person isn't enough to get credit.

rip my gold chest from last night

dramatis

Even if that's the case you can negotiate. Say you'll be punching things and they can do their gathering things, but please show up for star rank monster.

I have more of a problem with the players with such loot hunger that they think their experience in Diadem is 'unfun' because some of the players in their party don't want to spend 90 minutes straight whaling on monsters.

Sorian

Banned
Even if that's the case you can negotiate. Say you'll be punching things and they can do their gathering things, but please show up for star rank monster.

I have more of a problem with the players with such loot hunger that they think their experience in Diadem is 'unfun' because some of the players in their party don't want to spend 90 minutes straight whaling on monsters.

It's kind of a negative feedback loop though. If you aren't able to get credit on anything then you will never spawn star ranks which just means that you will always be flying around looking for people's leftovers.

Honestly, I don't know what the proper etiquette should be for random queing into diadem. I only ever plan to go with pre-made groups and I'm definitely in the "smash monsters for 90 minutes camp"

Edit: Speaking of gathering. Are the gathering tables different in HM vs. normal?

How do you queue solo into a DF version of Diadem? I went to the Foundation Airship Dock NPC and saw I could go into Diadem via that, but I was alone and said I would be going in with the current party configuration (ie solo) and assumed it meant nobody else would be joining me. I was trying to do it last night since most everyone was already disposed with Diadem HM and I'm trying to get a 210 PIE/DET ring and chest still.

iammeiam

How do you queue solo into a DF version of Diadem? I went to the Foundation Airship Dock NPC and saw I could go into Diadem via that, but I was alone and said I would be going in with the current party configuration (ie solo) and assumed it meant nobody else would be joining me. I was trying to do it last night since most everyone was already disposed with Diadem HM and I'm trying to get a 210 PIE/DET ring and chest still.

You just queue in and it'll match you with people. It enforces a strict 1 tank, 2 healer, 5 DPS party comp, so you can try role swapping if the queue time for the job you're on is long (lots of people seem to queue in as healer when they don't want to actually heal.)

I did a couple of DF Diadems and generally the group stayed cohesive until objectives completed and then scattered. Which worked for me because I mostly wanted to fish anyway.

You just queue in and it'll match you with people. It enforces a strict 1 tank, 2 healer, 5 DPS party comp, so you can try role swapping if the queue time for the job you're on is long (lots of people seem to queue in as healer when they don't want to actually heal.)

I did a couple of DF Diadems and generally the group stayed cohesive until objectives completed and then scattered. Which worked for me because I mostly wanted to fish anyway.

Ah thanks. I was scared to accept the pop because I thought I would be alone and be forced to back out, giving me a 120 min penalty.

iammeiam

Ah thanks. I was scared to accept the pop because I thought I would be alone and be forced to back out, giving me a 120 min penalty.

I wish you could go alone/undersized, since it'd be a lot easier to get in to gather stuff that way, but you're forced to wait until it can slot you into a full group. I guess the aether current stuff makes going solo impractical anyway.

Jayhawk

Keep me updated on GAF's status with hard mode unlock for the two ships still out there! If we have the capacity to try to do a 48-man run tonight, I'll post some basic details and ground rules for tonight's hard mode run where the goal is to pop and kill at least 12 star rank NMs for approximately 12 gold treasure chests per group. Go to easy mode if you want to gather.

Keep me updated on GAF's status with hard mode unlock for the two ships still out there! If we have the capacity to try to do a 48-man run tonight, I'll post some basic details and ground rules for tonight's hard mode run where the goal is to pop and kill at least 12 star rank NMs for approximately 12 gold treasure chests per group. Go to easy mode if you want to gather.

I would like to get in on this if possible. Otherwise I can pester some of the other FC people with HM open to take me to JP.

tearsofash

Finally got the platinum trophy. Just thought I'd share :3
JOrVixM.png

docbon

YO JAYHAWK

Ari Y'vana and Nellore Varilae are also on board for tonight if you still have spots~

It's kind of a negative feedback loop though. If you aren't able to get credit on anything then you will never spawn star ranks which just means that you will always be flying around looking for people's leftovers.

Honestly, I don't know what the proper etiquette should be for random queing into diadem. I only ever plan to go with pre-made groups and I'm definitely in the "smash monsters for 90 minutes camp"

Edit: Speaking of gathering. Are the gathering tables different in HM vs. normal?

The weird etiquette thing is why I would never queue up for diadem in DF in a million years. Diadem sounds like it would be utterly awful without everyone onboard with an established set of rules.

Jayhawk

YO JAYHAWK

Ari Y'vana and Nellore Varilae are also on board for tonight if you still have spots~

As a reply to this and Korra's question...

depends on if we have space for 6 parties or 3 parties!

It'll be first-come, first-serve +/- people I forget to invite when organizing the different parties.

iammeiam

The weird etiquette thing is why I would never queue up for diadem in DF in a million years. Diadem sounds like it would be utterly awful without everyone onboard with an established set of rules.

Being mandated to faceroll monsters for 90 minutes with a bunch of people shrieking on mumble sounds like hell/pony farming to me.

...this may explain a lot about my opinion of Diadem in general.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Being mandated to faceroll monsters for 90 minutes with a bunch of people shrieking on mumble sounds like hell/pony farming to me.

...this may explain a lot about my opinion of Diadem in general.

If you don't like me singing 'Dino Island' out of key repeatedly to summon brachiosaurus I don't even know what you could like.

iammeiam

If you don't like me singing 'Dino Island' out of key repeatedly to summon brachiosaurus I don't even know what you could like.

Nothing, apparently.

Believe me, I'm trying to convince myself it's a good way to alt gear instead of the Void Ark/eso grind.

But 90 minutes is so many minutes. In a row.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing, apparently.

Believe me, I'm trying to convince myself it's a good way to alt gear instead of the Void Ark/eso grind.

Who cares about gear, go to watch everything go horribly wrong like Tanaka intended. Incidentally also the entire reason to go to Void Ark.

Ken

Nothing, apparently.

I kind of wish Diadem was like...40 or 60 minute commitments (with the appropriate lockout timer of course) since 90 minutes is a lot for something you can just spontaneously setup and go.

iammeiam

I kind of wish Diadem was like...40 or 60 minute commitments (with the appropriate lockout timer of course) since 90 minutes is a lot for something you can just spontaneously setup and go.

This is the big advantage of DF; the groups usually get bored about 40-50 minutes in and start splintering, so you can leave, AFK gather, whatever after that.

What things can you craft from the items you gather on the Diadem?

Fishing's big gets appear to be Gem Marimos (used in Max Ethers) and Pterodactyls (used in Ptero leather, used in the new crafted i185 stuff). I think most of the other gathering stuff is things on time-gated nodes in the real world?

Squishy3

This is the big advantage of DF; the groups usually get bored about 40-50 minutes in and start splintering, so you can leave, AFK gather, whatever after that.

Fishing's big gets appear to be Gem Marimos (used in Max Ethers) and Pterodactyls (used in Ptero leather, used in the new crafted i185 stuff). I think most of the other gathering stuff is things on time-gated nodes in the real world?
Nothing from collectible nodes for mining, I'd assume botany is the same. There's a new mat Sphalerite (which I'd assume is for the new crafting specialization stuff) and then the rest is stuff that's normally in hidden nodes.

docbon

Yeah, definitely. Most of the runs I've been in had at least one person drop out for one reason or another.

They could cut it in half along with the cooldown and I'd be fine with it. Sac pulling would become a necessity for managing time better though, since you'd have to attune twice as much in the same time period. That's something that could be changed too, of course.

all 4 gaf ships failed

karin laugh.wav

God fucking damn it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MSQ 3.1:
At the part where I just reunited with Thancred and I'm getting real sick of my WoL not getting any cool action scenes and all the while my squad gets bodied by people still wearing AF gear, smh. Also his new outfit and voice go hand in hand, they're both terrible.

studyguy

Where is
Urianger and why can one of the wonder twins track him to the super spooky library of doom and edgy chains.
I don't even remember what he was doing other than being mopey.

Top Bottom