• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Zomba13

Where is
Urianger and why can one of the wonder twins track him to the super spooky library of doom and edgy chains.
I don't even remember what he was doing other than being mopey.

He's in the great gubal library reading up on some stuff that white Ascian told him to and Uri is all "lol, this old myth thing is what you wanted me to see?" and then White Ascian is all "well it's tru tho lol. You'll see" and then wonder twin girl is all ":O" *DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN* and will probably tell the rest of the super best friends what she saw and will lead everyone to suspect Uri but Uri is probably just going along with White Ascian to find a weakness or something. He's not going to side with the people who killed his BFF.

Squishy3

I can confirm today that everyone good has left A4N in favor of Pharos and SMA. RIP

Probably left it for Diadem.
Yeah, there's just better ways to gear up for a casual player now than Alex. Even though Alex you get guaranteed loot for whatever class, you're rolling against 8 other people who can all need. Unless you have a full party going in you're always going to be competing.

apparently now people don't get off the platforms on the 3rd boss in void ark so they get covered in slime and you can't stand on them when the arena is covered in slime because they're also now covered in slime

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Probably left it for Diadem.
Yeah, there's just better ways to gear up for a casual player now than Alex. Even though Alex you get guaranteed loot for whatever class, you're rolling against 8 other people who can all need. Unless you have a full party going in you're always going to be competing.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to start doing that because it's been non-clears and raw frustration when it wasn't half this bad the past month.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

apparently now people don't get off the platforms on the 3rd boss in void ark so they get covered in slime and you can't stand on them when the arena is covered in slime because they're also now covered in slime

But without a premade in the Diadem you also have to roll against the whole party?
I guess it's even more braindead than Alex Normal though so that's right up the casuals' alley.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
But without a premade in the Diadem you also have to roll against the whole party?
I guess it's even more braindead than Alex Normal though so that's right up the casuals' alley.
I just can't make sense of it, I've had people rage quit after 1 wipe or Vote Abandon, others have outright accused me or other players of trolling and some have tried to tell me how to do my job(WHM btw.) Which is really baffling because I've cleared the stupid thing dozens of times, yet here and now I'm running low on MP because people are dying left and right, just altogether outright ignoring mechanics and for some reason expecting to power through everything. All of this and more thanks to 3.1.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I just can't make sense of it, I've had people rage quit after 1 wipe or Vote Abandon, others have outright accused me or other players of trolling and some have tried to tell me how to do my job(WHM btw.) Which is really baffling because I've cleared the stupid thing dozens of times, yet here and now I'm running low on MP because people are dying left and right, just altogether outright ignoring mechanics and for some reason expecting to power through everything. All of this and more thanks to 3.1.

Praise Yoshida.

Squishy3

Well, if you go in with a FC group, you can need on the stuff for your class, while you're limited to greed only if you enter via Ishgard unless you have a full party.

But I mean between the dungeons dropping 185 gear, Diadem and Void Ark... + eso it's fairly easy for a casual player to reliably keep increasing their ilvl without running Alex. And the gear looks better :p

My FC just plans to get as many of us as it can to do some Diadem hard runs for gear and stuff. When we went in that first day, half of us pettered off just to gather...or die trying to gather.

Squishy3

My FC just plans to get as many of us as it can to do some Diadem hard runs for gear and stuff. When we went in that first day, half of us pettered off just to gather...or die trying to gather.
Some of the monsters just don't give a fuck if you're stealthed or not.

Wilsongt

That's half the fun of the Diadem. Can I gather this node without dying?

Omni

Diadem is... really boring as a healer. Like wow.

Only time you have to be even semi-aware of what is happening is when you're fighting the highest ranks. Other than that it's just minutes of slow monotonous Stone spamming to kill the spongy enemies. Maybe throw a regen on the tank. At least DPS have a rotation to follow. Haha

Can't see myself really bothering in the future.

dcye

Diadem is... really boring as a healer. Like wow.

Only time you have to be even semi-aware of what is happening is when you're fighting the highest ranks. Other than that it's just minutes of slow monotonous Stone spamming to kill the spongy enemies. Maybe throw a regen on the tank. At least DPS have a rotation to follow. Haha

Can't see myself really bothering in the future.

Trick is to pull like 15 monsters at once.

Got Thordan EX kill tonight after a ton of low single digit wipes. That end really is a bit nuts at the moment for healing. I need to find a better tell for something since focus target doesn't do the job at the end.

Ken

Greetings,

While queue times have increased, we have seen no indication that the Duty Finder is experiencing any matching issues since the release of Patch 3.1. For the Void Ark specifically, we're seeing longer wait times for tanks and healers. As Void Ark offers iLv 200 gear, we assume that many players are queuing up to earn gear for their secondary roles which seems to often be tanks. For now, we would suggest forming a full party via Party Finder, or as an alliance, to help alleviate this for the time being.

Also, as mentioned in the Patch 3.1 notes, currently there is a known issue with the Duty Finder display where each of the roles are showing up as 0. Please note that this is only a display error, and the matching process is functioning correctly. The dev. team is currently investigating this issue.

We'll continue to monitor the situation and if we spot any issues or irregularities, we'll be sure to follow up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3sretj/regarding_duty_finder_queue_times/

aceface

The amount of people in my fc waiting 30+ minutes to get into roulettes makes it hard to believe there isn't a problem. I do believe the part where they don't think there's anything wrong.

I don't think people are doing dungeons as often. I haven't bothered with the new ones yet. I'll do each once just to see them but I can't see myself doing ex roulettes.

iammeiam

Level 60 roulette queue times seem fine, and for some reason Alex normal queues are still pretty fast. Got into Void Ark decently quickly last night as a healer but I did queue with a DPS. EXDR on healer was a ton of waiting for no eventual pop, but I gave up after 10 minutes each attempt and queued for something else.

I just don't think anybody is doing EXDR, and with Diadem gear out there why would you on a regular basis long-term if you can stomach Diadem? Eso gear is more work and more time than i210 pinks with i220 stat values, and Diadem gives you some Eso provided your group does any of the objectives so spamming that enough will cap you eventually anyway.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Dungeon queues for the new ones have been pretty much instant for me this week as a DPS. Kind of unusual but whatever.

Squishy3

I waited a total of an hour and a half for leveling roulette on an alt DPS job and it never popped and said fuck it and just kept doing leves.

Qvoth

went to 1st time diadem hard with some jp pf, got 3 210s, 2 of them ended up pretty good
3AQmK.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Got Thordan EX kill tonight after a ton of low single digit wipes. That end really is a bit nuts at the moment for healing. I need to find a better tell for something since focus target doesn't do the job at the end.

Yeah... we had a clear where the WHM was solo healing at that end part. It was really scary :(

Sifl

I made it to phase 5 after pugging Thordan Ex for a total of about 10 hours since its release. So that's something I guess.

Squishy3

I made it to phase 5 after pugging Thordan Ex for a total of about 10 hours since its release. So that's something I guess.
Probably gonna make it there tonight with my group. Meteor circles are a lot easier when you realize you don't need to try to dodge the comets and you just need to heal through it.

Valor

Probably gonna make it there tonight with my group. Meteor circles are a lot easier when you realize you don't need to try to dodge the comets and you just need to heal through it.
if by heal through it you mean like a medica 2 and then cleric stance, then yes.

Squishy3

if by heal through it you mean like a medica 2 and then cleric stance, then yes.
We were doing it blind and we kept assuming everyone marked had to move to another meteor circle while leaving them behind. Instead now that we know that we just have to stand there and take the hits that part's not even hard.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Did you kill him before Ultimate End, or did he just decide to keel over?

Not familiar with how the fight proceeds past meteor circles yet, I just know at one point he comes out and starts dragon gazing.

That's way past UE, you can tell by the new purple skybox.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Did you kill him before Ultimate End, or did he just decide to keel over?

Not familiar with how the fight proceeds past meteor circles yet, I just know at one point he comes out and starts dragon gazing.

Killed him before Sacred Cross but the game said fuck you and the dragoon jumps still happened after Thordan died. Then everyone 90K'd and we got no token and no loot!

Squishy3

That's way past UE, you can tell by the new purple skybox.
Didn't know, I've been staying blind on the fight except for when we just clearly don't understand how something works. Unfortunately the group I'm doing it with just doesn't have the time to spend doing it for more than an hour or so each night. Had two people die to a power outage last night too and then everyone else ventured off. :/

Killed him before Sacred Cross but the game said fuck you and the dragoon jumps still happened after Thordan died. Then everyone 90K'd and we got no token and no loot!
Sounds fun.

Squishy3

So uh, anyone's game freezing on transitions such as teleports or loadings? Im scared for
My ps4 .-.
I'm on PC but this happened to me all the time when I used the DX11 client and stopped when I switched from it back to DX9, but that's not an option on PS4, so I don't know what you can do, sorry. :/

Top Bottom