• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Dunkley

So there's some drama evolving on tumblr around a salty Free Company owner who's holding their members hostage by locking away house access and not allowing them to remove furniture from their private chambers so they can demolish and leave (as the game doesn't allow you to demolish your private chambers if furniture is still inside, which they can't remove as they can't get inside the house).

Is it true that you cannot leave a Free Company as long as your private chamber isn't cleared?

I believe you can't even transfer servers until you leave the FC you're in.

It's funny to realize that nobody has thought to hold FC members hostage like this until now. I think that restriction has been in place since they first added personal rooms to FC houses.

Tiops

I ran Arboretum 3 times yesterday and people really struggle at the second and third bosses. Can't say I'm mad, they have some harder than usual mechanics to follow, and I hope they keep adding harder bosses in next patches.

Every run we wiped 2 or 3 times to the wasp queen, and at least once to Belladona. Now we need a boss with Divebombs mechanics on dungeons.

Edit: And Void Ark is awesome. In these days without a relevant 24-man raid, I forgot how people could suck so much in this game.

DF is completely fucked for Expert and Level 60. I simply cannot join any groups for some reason, but if I choose any of those dungeons normally they pop. What. The. Fuck.

Zomba13

So there's some drama evolving on tumblr around a salty Free Company owner who's holding their members hostage by locking away house access and not allowing them to remove furniture from their private chambers so they can demolish and leave (as the game doesn't allow you to demolish your private chambers if furniture is still inside, which they can't remove as they can't get inside the house).

Is it true that you cannot leave a Free Company as long as your private chamber isn't cleared?

Oh wow that is fucked up.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Diadem is...yeah I should wait and join some premades. DFing it can be a nightmare and a waste of time. Diadem normal is also wayyyyyyyy too long. 90 minutes is just awful. Shorten it to 60 and make HM 90 minutes. Just too long of a commitment unless you like screwing over people (unfull parties seems to get shat on during Vs on up with no loot).

Then again, DFing anything right now is a nightmare since it seems to be not working properly. =x

Croyles

Looking for a DRG/NIN for our static. Raid times 2:30PM EST / 11:30AM PST / 7:30PM GMT
Tue, Thu & Sun

EDIT: Currently working A3S

Finding replacements has been harder with the new EU servers I have to admit.

Looking for a DRG/NIN for our static. Raid times 2:30PM EST / 11:30AM PST / 7:30PM GMT
Tue, Thu & Sun

Yup, plenty of willing melee dps but we are all hanging out on the EU servers! Even if some of us...aren't actually EU.

Eldren

That MCH relic is going to look goofy as hell with gauss barrel, just like the majority of guns. Hide option when? SE please.

I'm quite enjoying this patch, and it's nice to be back after a month or two away. At the moment I prefer Arboretum to Pharos both in terms of aesthetic and gameplay but I imagine I'll hate them both equally after a few months. Void Ark was super fun and I really enjoyed the story part. I got a drop on my very first run so coupled with the esoteric token I got quite a boost. I haven't touched Diadem yet, truth be told I'm a little apprehensive after hearing all the horror stories, but I'll be sure to check it out eventually.

I also want to get back to levelling my BLM. I stopped at 53 because I was fed up with grinding but hopefully the dungeon exp boost will help with that.

Jayhawk

Tue, Thu & Sun

You should see the number of PFs looking for those same jobs in NA timezone statics! Ultros, dead server.

studyguy

Oh wow that is fucked up.

We Log Horizon XIV now.
1397515878341.gif

WolvenOne

Depends on what the red script item for the day is, I've been waiting for Deep Fried Okeanus to come up. I don't even NEED to cap this week, but I don't want to skip the week entirely.

Also my static's been talking about more KotR Extreme farming, so that might interfere with things.

Jayhawk

Omni

I'm noticing a trend. If you're not in a free company you get spammed with invites. People don't even bother to say hello before doing so. Just spam spam spam. I'm not even looking for one right now, yet they keep coming. Go away ew.

Also is there an image of the Thordan barding? It must be pretty damn awesome if it requires 15 clears, right?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm noticing a trend. If you're not in a free company you get spammed with invites. People don't even bother to say hello before doing so. Just spam spam spam. I'm not even looking for one right now, yet they keep coming. Go away ew.

Also is there an image of the Thordan barding? It must be pretty damn awesome if it requires 15 clears, right?

It's right in the patch notes.
cc5b2ba8ffd64cef26cb0e0cdac97104f8e7308e_97.png

Xux

Wish I could main "tank" instead of just Warrior. I dunno if I wanna spend the time to get PLD and DRK (and MCH and BLM, I guess) Esoteric weapons or just focus on getting Monk armor. :(

Ken

Wish I could main "tank" instead of just Warrior. I dunno if I wanna spend the time to get PLD and DRK (and MCH and BLM, I guess) Esoteric weapons or just focus on getting Monk armor. :(

Oh wait, I interpreted your post wrong.

Just grab Thordan weapons and do Diadem.

Also, for the rest of 3.0 all future token gear should be generic Fending anyways, unless surprise artifact armor.

tearsofash

Just got back from a (mostly) Full Air-Gaf Diadem Hard Mode excursion. It's a lot of fun having an alliance to coordinate with. Everyone follows the loot rules, nobody gives up early, and we get away from Dino island once it gets too crowded and we stop getting loot.

Thanks guys <3

iammeiam

So we finally overcame our scrubbiness (....kind of) and killed Thordan.

Six deaths, he still died during the Dragon's Eye before heavy AOE/dps check redux phase.

Fight is insanely forgiving.

Top Bottom