• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

MrHoot

I finally did Void Ark the other time.

For an average player like me who's usually not the first to do harder stuff (and I know Void ark is not the hardest thing in the spectrum), still, that that place was SICK ! And well balanced in difficulty. Not too easy/mindless, but not ball scrapingly hard.

I loved the location, had a very Giger feel. And the fights were adequately challenging. Mostly required on good cooperation rather than a pure DPS check. Cuchulainn was the one that made me the most panicky. And the story was quite interesting too

Valor

7d6c164355.jpg

Extreme Makeover Kupo Edition.

Also here's a super late picture of pantsu I got from Dino Island.

Wilsongt

Enjoy the best DPS.

I still don't know why many people I met online dislike the Bard job. It's one of the best jobs imo and you can do so much with it to help your party

Most bards refuse to use songs because they don't pay attention to the other people in the party.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
White Mage is such an un-competitive class. Everybody's a white mage these days and hey, it is the easiest class to play. Dime a dozen is what they are.
Time to switch to something demanded. Like bard!

We keep getting tank weapons. Knights of the Round indeed :(

Our R1 got like 8 monk claws.
They're all over the floor now.

iammeiam

I can't hold Thordan's ridiculous loot choices against him too much. It's nice to have something everyone actually seems to enjoy doing again. Like a vacation.

Enjoy the best DPS.

I still don't know why many people I met online dislike the Bard job. It's one of the best jobs imo and you can do so much with it to help your party

It's a shadow of its 2.x self and aside from Foe Req song usage is extremely situational and grows increasingly less important as patches wear on. It puts the class in a weird spot.

tearsofash

Most bards refuse to use songs because they don't pay attention to the other people in the party.

If someone says they need a song, I play a song. It's a hard choice deciding whether to give the WHM more MP, the DRG more TP, or the BLM more damage. I generally try to keep Foe Req going when I can. I feel like I don't even have to use songs that often since the former tend to not run out of TP.

Either way, I can only do so much. Either I'm getting yelled at for not doing enough DPS or getting yelled at for not playing the right song. It's really hard for me to pay enough attention, so one's gotta suffer.

Ken

■The rate at which the Limit Break Gauge fills has been reverted to pre-Patch 3.1 values.

■The following issues have been fixed:
・An issue in "The Void Ark" during the Cetus battle wherein the damage dealt by Cetus's "Hydroburst" was incorrect.
・An issue in "The Void Ark" during the Irminsul/Sawtooth battle wherein Sawtooth would use "Shockwave Stomp" even after Irminsul had been defeated.
・An issue in "The Void Ark" during the Cuchulainn battle wherein the "Vulnerability Down" status would not wear off.
・An issue in "Pharos Sirius (Hard)" during the 8th Order Patriarch Be Gu battle wherein Corrupted Gels would not use "Corrupture".
・An issue in "Pharos Sirius (Hard)" during the 8th Order Patriarch Be Gu battle wherein players would lose control of their characters.
・An issue in "Alexander - The Burden of the Father" wherein the boss "The Manipulator" could be affected by knockback.
・An issue in "The Diadem" wherein the barrier around the entrance would not disappear, preventing the duty from commencing.
・An issue in "The Diadem" wherein certain monsters could not fight back under certain conditions.
・An issue in "The Diadem" wherein aetherial turbulences could not be targeted while unmounted.
・An issue when entering "The Diadem" wherein members of a pre-formed party would be unable to enter properly.
・An issue when entering "The Diadem" from company workshop's flight control panel wherein party leaders of a pre-formed alliance would be unable to enter properly.
・An issue during the battle in the main quest "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness" wherein players could be attacked by untargetable NPCs.
・An issue during the quest "I'd Rather Be Cannon Fodder" wherein players would obtain a nameless item.
・An issue with the Idyllshire NPC "Splendors Vendor" wherein the amount of materials needed to exchange for the following items in "Tradecraft Items" was incorrect:
Purified Coke (HQ) / Raziqcoat (HQ)
Dryad Sap (HQ) / Moonbeam Silk (HQ) / Odorless Animal Fat (HQ)
・An issue wherein the stats on "Void Ark Belt of Aiming" were incorrect.
・An issue wherein instance servers may crash under certain conditions.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...es-(Nov.-16)?p=3434481&viewfull=1#post3434481

chrono01

After coming from A4S --> Thordan Extreme, it's even more apparent how important great music is in a raid environment. Music in Alexander might be "okay"...I guess, for something you only run once or twice a week, but when you're repeatedly wiping to something and trying to advance, it gets old extremely quick. Thordan Extreme on the other hand? It's so pleasant to the ears and I could honestly spend the entire night in there and love the music just as much as when I entered.

I really hope, for the next tier of Alexander, we get something more like Thordan/Thordan Extreme and not Alexander. Please.

Wilsongt

■The rate at which the Limit Break Gauge fills has been reverted to pre-Patch 3.1 values.

■The following issues have been fixed:
・An issue in "The Void Ark" during the Cetus battle wherein the damage dealt by Cetus's "Hydroburst" was incorrect.
・An issue in "The Void Ark" during the Irminsul/Sawtooth battle wherein Sawtooth would use "Shockwave Stomp" even after Irminsul had been defeated.
・An issue in "The Void Ark" during the Cuchulainn battle wherein the "Vulnerability Down" status would not wear off.
・An issue in "Pharos Sirius (Hard)" during the 8th Order Patriarch Be Gu battle wherein Corrupted Gels would not use "Corrupture".
・An issue in "Pharos Sirius (Hard)" during the 8th Order Patriarch Be Gu battle wherein players would lose control of their characters.
・An issue in "Alexander - The Burden of the Father" wherein the boss "The Manipulator" could be affected by knockback.
・An issue in "The Diadem" wherein the barrier around the entrance would not disappear, preventing the duty from commencing.
・An issue in "The Diadem" wherein certain monsters could not fight back under certain conditions.
・An issue in "The Diadem" wherein aetherial turbulences could not be targeted while unmounted.
・An issue when entering "The Diadem" wherein members of a pre-formed party would be unable to enter properly.
・An issue when entering "The Diadem" from company workshop's flight control panel wherein party leaders of a pre-formed alliance would be unable to enter properly.
・An issue during the battle in the main quest "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness" wherein players could be attacked by untargetable NPCs.
・An issue during the quest "I'd Rather Be Cannon Fodder" wherein players would obtain a nameless item.
・An issue with the Idyllshire NPC "Splendors Vendor" wherein the amount of materials needed to exchange for the following items in "Tradecraft Items" was incorrect:
Purified Coke (HQ) / Raziqcoat (HQ)
Dryad Sap (HQ) / Moonbeam Silk (HQ) / Odorless Animal Fat (HQ)
・An issue wherein the stats on "Void Ark Belt of Aiming" were incorrect.
・An issue wherein instance servers may crash under certain conditions.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...es-(Nov.-16)?p=3434481&viewfull=1#post3434481

RIP Manipulator pong.

Tiops

Was playing with my wife, clearing Extreme primals. We used Duty Finder for it, not undersized.

Garuda EX, we win in the first try.
Titan EX, 3 or 4 wipes and we won. Was quite impressed with it, actually.
Ifrit Ex, it was our first time there. We didn't know that healers could be harder than the boss itself. It's such a fucking easy fight, but we didn't manage to clear it in the 1 and a half our we tried. Even with 25% echo. People get stupid in the last phase, stop killing the nails in a organized way to prevent too much debuff stacks, and one of the healers kept running to the team when debuffed, killing everyone with Shearing Wind.

Will try again today... :( . Can't wait for Thornmarch EX via DF.

Omni

I started levelling my Dark Knight. It's... interesting. Not really a fan of tanking in general, I think. Kinda dull. No wonder it's always "Adventurer in need: Tank"... Suppose at the very least I'm not having too much trouble holding hate with this job. While levelling Gladiator to get provoke, I struggled immensely for some reason. Might have just been a gear thing though.

Have to say that I still prefer healing over everything else.

Tank will forever always be in need because it is a thankless job, forces you to be in a leadership position by default and tanks are just expected to know any and all content.

IvorB

I tried tanking once but I don't think it's for me. I will probably try healing one day when I've run out of DPS jobs to level.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Tank will forever always be in need because it is a thankless job, forces you to be in a leadership position by default and tanks are just expected to know any and all content.

And that's why most tanks are little princesses and good DPS are worth their weight in gold.

Valor

I started levelling my Dark Knight. It's... interesting. Not really a fan of tanking in general, I think. Kinda dull. No wonder it's always "Adventurer in need: Tank"... Suppose at the very least I'm not having too much trouble holding hate with this job. While levelling Gladiator to get provoke, I struggled immensely for some reason. Might have just been a gear thing though.

Have to say that I still prefer healing over everything else.

Dark Knight really rounds into form post 50 and is one of those classes that comes together pretty much when you hit 60. I actually think that Dark Knight and Warrior are two of the more fun classes to play, but everyone has their own opinions and that's fine.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Extreme Makeover Kupo Edition.
Drama said it would never happen :eek:
After coming from A4S --> Thordan Extreme, it's even more apparent how important great music is in a raid environment. Music in Alexander might be "okay"...I guess, for something you only run once or twice a week, but when you're repeatedly wiping to something and trying to advance, it gets old extremely quick. Thordan Extreme on the other hand? It's so pleasant to the ears and I could honestly spend the entire night in there and love the music just as much as when I entered.

I really hope, for the next tier of Alexander, we get something more like Thordan/Thordan Extreme and not Alexander. Please.
That's being generous. It's pretty bad...

iammeiam

I dunno; dying, dying, electricity is kind of the anthem of this content tier.

But Thordan wins because he has the epic music transition when the fight decides to get down to business. Music transitions make everything better.

Waterman has no transition and by the time you're to him you're over the song. Manipulator gets new music but continues his trend of having all phases feel the same by having the music constant through the fight.

IvorB

I like the music in A4. The Thordan music didn't really stand out to me but then I haven't been too far into the fight so maybe it picks up. I will agree that music you enjoy does really tip the balance when it comes to how much you enjoy the fight. I remember doing Shiva over and over to try for the weapon but it was okay due to the tunes (and also being a fun fight).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Alexander will always pale in every way to Coil :> Especially as someone who was absolutely blown away by the End of an Era video and Coil's connection to the end of the 1.x series. So good.

Squishy3

What does Ohaio gosiamas even mean?
It's a horribly misspelled way of how to say good morning formally in Japanese. (IE: you'd use it in a work environment when you arrive in the morning) Of course, it's also weird to say it's misspelled, since it'd never be written in English text anywhere.

IMBored

Alexander will always pale in every way to Coil :> Especially as someone who was absolutely blown away by the End of an Era video and Coil's connection to the end of the 1.x series. So good.

What if Alexander's mastermind was actually
Gaius
, that tries to kill all primals with it, but they combine along with
bahamut and phoenix
and give their power to the champion of light.

WolvenOne

Honestly, I think part 1 of Alexander was meant to be one part change of pace from Coil, and two parts misdirection. I think when we get into the 2nd tier, the first few bosses will be more monstrosities that The Blue Hand work up, but then we'll see creatures that're spawned by Alexander itself that're far more intimidating, by the end of it we should end up seeing who, "actually," summoned Alexander.

thefil

I didn't even play 1.X except for a week or so of beta and I can't get over how great the End of an Era video is. Especially after watching 1.X plot on YouTube.

RPGCrazied

They really need to add a costume slot or something, an easier way to switch to outfits. I know you can with glamour, but that is tedious to do.

Like I got the costume set from Halloween, and yesterday the outfit from the Final Fantasy XI event.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It's a horribly misspelled way of how to say good morning formally in Japanese. (IE: you'd use it in a work environment when you arrive in the morning) Of course, it's also weird to say it's misspelled, since it'd never be written in English text anywhere.
I thought it was Ohio Gomenasai

Ken

They really need to add a costume slot or something, an easier way to switch to outfits. I know you can with glamour, but that is tedious to do.

Like I got the costume set from Halloween, and yesterday the outfit from the Final Fantasy XI event.

You can save gear sets.

If you want to murder your armory chest space, just make multiple gear sets with just the costumes on and you can swap at will.

Top Bottom