• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

studyguy

XIV 4.0 will feature Samurai as healers.
Samurai as tanks
Samurai as DPS

Because you fucks asked for Samurai, here you go. It does everything and is probably unbalanced as shit. Just eat it and shut up already.

I do hope we invade actually leave our continent next expac.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt it. Ala Mhigo is the best bet; then Othard (samurai crap), Ilsebard (more allagan crap and blatant imperialists who everyone likes), then who goddamn knows. Mercydia + Thavnaria, Sharlaya (not to be confused with Sharlaya). Far West (Mamool Ja Bathing Ritual Expansion) and Far East (may just be Othard but further I don't know ask Grimm he pays attention to this shit).

Comedy option: Moon.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I doubt it. Ala Mhigo is the best bet; then Othard (samurai crap), Ilsebard (more allagan crap and blatant imperialists who everyone likes), then who goddamn knows. Mercydia + Thavnaria, Sharlaya (not to be confused with Sharlaya). Far West (Mamool Ja Bathing Ritual Expansion) and Far East (may just be Othard but further I don't know ask Grimm he pays attention to this shit).

I dare them to go to space.

iammeiam

Samurai as tanks
Samurai as DPS

Because you fucks asked for Samurai, here you go. It does everything and is probably unbalanced as shit. Just eat it and shut up already.

So basically they're going to rebadge WAR?

Wilsongt

I'm gonna say Diadem is a bust for me. Insanely boring sitting on one island for an hour and a half pulling mobs for random drops that are a have chance of being shit. Insane lag on my computer due to so many people sitting in one spot and so many mobs causing my computer to want to die. If I end up dying and fly back to the island, it takes forever for for mobs to reload. So, in the case of Brachi spawning and I die, I fly back and die again before brachi or any people reappear.

It's Dynamis 2.0, except the gear has a higher probability of being shit as opposed to not having enough tokens dropping to grab a relic.

Edit: I'll keep doing it to get my Pegasus mount, and then that'll be it.

Samurai as tanks
Samurai as DPS

I'm probably the only person that would prefer Bluemage over another melee dps.

It's Dynamis 2.0, except the gear has a higher probability of being shit as opposed to not having enough tokens dropping to grab a relic.
I wouldn't even say its Dynamis this point-thats giving it way too much credit. Its more like Abyssea to me than anything else sans the Atma boosts. At least with Dynamis there was an air of danger and excitement. With Diadem there's almost no threat to death unless fighting a starred Dino, and even then I never felt like this was the end when Meteor starts dropping people. Plus the gear you got tended to be useful in someway either as a macro piece or a full time piece. I have yet to get even ONE i210 piece after spamming it since the update every time I get on.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sorry for not being on top of things like this, but are there some bad job balance issues going on still?

IvorB

What's the consensus on the new airship voyage thingy or whatever. Fun or no?

It can be fun if you enjoy killing stuff for 90 mins. A few more things going on could really have helped it. Also incentivising people to actually move around the map would have been great since now it's just sitting in one spot the whole time. The loot is potentially the best in the game though and it's kind of addictive in a Diablo sort of way but with way less variety.

I just remembered that they added humanoid mecha to Phantasy Star Online 2 so they should add them to the next FFXIV expansion.

Thanks for info, glad to know its not just me. Hope they fix it soon.

This was supposed to be fixed in the last update. The crashes stopped for me so I'm not sure what's happening. They might not have fixed everything I guess.

Mattiator

So I just hit 56 on my black mage, I have been white mage since I first started playing in June 2014. I am looking for some advice on if I am doing rotations properly.

So as of lvl 56 I have been doing this for now, If I have raging strikes I will use it.
Swiftcast, Thunder 3, Fire 3, Fire 1 (as many times as I can), Bliz 3, repeat, when I get the flashing ones (procs??) I hit them when they pop.

When I get groups I have been hitting,
Swiftcast, Fire 3, Fire 2, Fire 2, Fire 2, Flare, Covert, Flare, Mana Potion, Flare, Transpose, then repeat.

I will be hitting level 60 soon and that seems somewhat overwhleming, is there any guides or advice for that also.

Thanks for any help. :)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
3.1 buffs not enough for PLD??
SMN\BLM seemed fine though

SMNs are in a great place it seems. BLM? Can't say since I haven't played one since FCoB, but it looks like they took the already somewhat strict timings, made them even stricter, nerfed their AoE, and nerfed their best personal utility skill (Manawall).

Damage is still good though, just seems like you get hit hard if you have to move at all.

iammeiam

SMNs are in a great place it seems. BLM? Can't say since I haven't played one since FCoB, but it looks like they took the already somewhat strict timings, made them even stricter, nerfed their AoE, and nerfed their best personal utility skill (Manawall).

Damage is still good though, just seems like you get hit hard if you have to move at all.

BLM is fine but currently pretty hard from what I've seen? Like, they can do amazing things but fucking up Enochian is a death sentence. I thought the argument was about the viability of double caster comps, the idea that casters themselves are not worth it is straight up laughable.

(And I swear if the elitism stuff keeps going I'm posting Thordan from last night. We're not that good.)

Zomba13

Moon is 100% the end of the Void Ark stuff. 1) Void Ark 2) World of Darkness 2: Diabolos Boogaloo 3) Ancient void evil that lives on the moon.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
BLM is fine but currently pretty hard from what I've seen? Like, they can do amazing things but fucking up Enochian is a death sentence. I thought the argument was about the viability of double caster comps, the idea that casters themselves are not worth it is straight up laughable.

(And I swear if the elitism stuff keeps going I'm posting Thordan from last night. We're not that good.)
BLM is fine for sure. I was getting at that messing up hits you way harder now than it did before (or seems to) due to the stricter timings. In terms of damage and all that, looking at FF logs? BLMs seem just fine.

As for casters not being worth it: lol

BadRNG

They need to basically rethink how they approach fights and the entire tank system if they want to make all three balanced. Good luck with that.

Was this the 27 death clear one, that was so crazy.

but yeah we are pretty bad

I just want to go to fucking Garlemald

BadRNG

Couldn't we end up going to some Empire lands if we go to Ala Mhigo, they border each other right? And Ala Mhigo isn't as massive as Coerthas/Ishgard area to begin with?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't we end up going to some Empire lands if we go to Ala Mhigo, they border each other right? And Ala Mhigo isn't as massive as Coerthas/Ishgard area to begin with?

Yeah they're next to each other- I don't think Ala Mhigo/Gyr Abania is any smaller than Coerthas but we got Sharlaya (the colony) in this expansion along with it so they could have, like, the entry point in some big pushing the Empire back thing. Maybe finally fight some of those dumb unbalanced flying cylinders from 1.0, and cyborg zombie Gaius, now with 100x the shouting about manifest destiny. I don't see 'em doing much more than a zone of the Garlemarlywhatever proper though.

Expansion so dead now talking mostly about 4.0.

Xux

Hard to tell. There's very little info about Gyr Abania; I'm sure they could squeeze however many zones they need out of it. Not to mention the other three regions still on the Eorzea map we haven't visited.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Hard to tell. There's very little info about Gyr Abania; I'm sure they could squeeze however many zones they need out of it. Not to mention the other three regions still on the Eorzea map we haven't visited.

Ixali place, Amal'jaa place, what's the third one? Hellsguard Volcano Land expansion about everyone getting Fracture confirmed.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
O'ghomoro. The mountain and probably the whole north half of the island.

We've been inside the mountain- Outer La Noscea basically is O'ghomoro, even if just the edge. I don't see us really getting any new zones in those areas though because who's going to be hyped up by Ifrit/Titan/Garuda electric bugaloo, unless it's a Diadem type thing.

Xux

We've been inside the mountain- Outer La Noscea basically is O'ghomoro, even if just the edge. I don't see us really getting any new zones in those areas though because who's going to be hyped up by Ifrit/Titan/Garuda electric bugaloo, unless it's a Diadem type thing.
It's seems pretty far away from the Hermit's Hovel. I kinda dig the whole Zilart/Promathia style fill-in-the-blanks style zones.

iammeiam

oh god a Diadem with a free-roam Titan EX island

why do you taunt me so

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
It's seems pretty far away from the Hermit's Hovel. I kinda dig the whole Zilart/Promathia style fill-in-the-blanks style zones.

I completely forgot you could see the mountain proper from there. I guess the only time you go there then is Titan's arena if I recall the parts of the 30 story that didn't involve cheese correctly. I'm more sad we'll never see what horrible calamity was inflicted on West Shroud in revenge for its terrible zone design.

oh god a Diadem with a free-roam Titan EX island

why do you taunt me so

Every single island is Titan.

Meciu

Has nothing to do with physical or magical damage mitigation. That's not why people are changing from PLD to WAR or DRK, and why you need a WAR.

It's all about DPS. You just output less. I am ranked 6th on our server on A1S clear at 630 DPS, the 6th on our server for DRK on A1S clear is at 879 DPS.

That's a significant difference. And no matter how much you mitigate unless it's enough to allow the WHM to DPS 250 more DPS, then it's not going to make the difference.

I did 886 DPS on A1S as PLD last night and that was on x-potions with a party composition far from ideal (not my static). Fight also lasted more than 7 minutes. Yeah, PLD's are worse when it comes to DPS compared to WAR and DRK but our share can also be good. I'm pretty sure i can squeze a score close to 1K if I wanted to. Yeah, that'd still be less that DRK and WAR but who cares. I guess all we can do now is whine while playing (not doing that), switch (not doing that now but i have WAR on 60 and I'm leveling DRK just in case) or just wait and pray for a bright future. :)

They need to basically rethink how they approach fights and the entire tank system if they want to make all three balanced. Good luck with that.

Pretty much. Too many people on the OF forums think its just an encounter design problem but it really isn't. So long as two tanks outdo another significantly in MT damage things won't change much.

Does anyone know what happens when your made a tenant and the owner of the house quits for more than 45 days? Does the house rights get passed to the person next in line or no?

Top Bottom