• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Arkeband

Banned
So has anyone else bothered with Lords of Verminion, because this thing is a hot mess, not that anyone actually asked for it in the first place.

What a disappointment and a waste of resources when the endgame is in its current state.

So has anyone else bothered with Lords of Verminion, because this thing is a hot mess, not that anyone actually asked for it in the first place.

What a disappointment and a waste of resources when the endgame is in its current state.

Haven't tried it yet. reddit consensus is it's too complicated for a mini-game, and the opening tutorial is horribly designed. Also not inclined to try it as much since word-of-mouth is that it is not a controller friendly experience. And the horrible requirement you actually be in the area of the event to queue up for it. Sounds like it's dying off faster than Chocobo Racing. Other than terrible titles, is there anything of worth tied to doing LoV? Like new minions?

Sorian

Banned

How is it a hot mess? I enjoy it a lot actually.

Haven't tried it yet. reddit consensus is it's too complicated for a mini-game, and the opening tutorial is horribly designed. Also not inclined to try it as much since word-of-mouth is that it is not a controller friendly experience. And the horrible requirement you actually be in the area of the event to queue up for it. Sounds like it's dying off faster than Chocobo Racing. Other than terrible titles, is there anything of worth tied to doing LoV? Like new minions?

Penguin minion and twintania minion.

Squishy3

It sounds over complicated then it actually isn't because you're just going to swarm the same minion types against the others. IE your opponent is dropping monsters I'd summon 3 Yugiris for their action skill (% based damage buff to everyone in range) and then summon a couple of Hildibrands because he's cheap and has a high attack making him benefit extremely well from Yugiri's action skill.

Then send them around the map fighting off monsters while I send dudes to attack their structures. I can imagine it being a nightmare on controller though.

Demoskinos

NO MOMS
EJBNPZ7.png

aceface

Apparently participating in the tournaments and even getting a win or two was giving gobs of mpg, like 30,000-60,000 from what I saw on reddit.

What annoyed me about it was that I play on PC but with a controller. I figured I could just put the controller down for LoV but it wouldn't explain or really let me use mouse and keyboard controls from what I could figure out.

Valor

I tried the first tutorial for verminion and it was just so much text and button prompts that didn't work and I wasn't allowed to quit out and start it over. It's just a mess on controller from what I can gather so far.

iammeiam

Apparently participating in the tournaments and even getting a win or two was giving gobs of mpg, like 30,000-60,000 from what I saw on reddit.

What annoyed me about it was that I play on PC but with a controller. I figured I could just put the controller down for LoV but it wouldn't explain or really let me use mouse and keyboard controls from what I could figure out.

You probably have to go in to settings and flip the game to mouse mode instead of controller, then switch back when it's time to do other things. There are a few things that are just locked to the mode you have the game in, which can be confusing given how much overlap there can be in the modes.

He was being sarcastic too, He understood the joke.

I thought that was legit advice since I'm not sure how Fire 3 and Blizzard 3 interact in a full level rotation. The only thing I do know is that casting Fire 3 over and over again is a bad idea (since at a glance it seems you're supposed to cast Fire 1 and use the Firestarter procs when you get it to cast free Fire 3s).

I'll take the L for this one.

Sandfox

So I decided to level machinist over bow mage. Over the holidays I'm planning on getting a decent foundation of jobs and possibly increase my money flow.

chrono01

As a BLM, I prefer not to stick to any single rotation. It's boring. I just do this:

MN0HfOO.gif

Whatever happens, happens. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, but it's always a surprise. I live for the excitement.

ebil

I did all LoV challenges. They're absolutely worth it, especially the boss battles. Super fun and great feels. I hope they add more in the future.

The tutorial doesn't do a very good job teaching the minigame at all as it throws a lot of complexity to your face especially when you have lots of minions, and that initially put me off. It's actually much simpler than it seems to be but it definitely has a steeper learning curve than the other minigames. You need to stick with it with basic minions until it clicks (and then you can start exploring new options and minion combos). Controls could be better and more intuitive too, even with K & M.

I don't think I'll participate in the tournaments even for the Penguin minion though, the time commitment is pretty big.

Yes, you get this bad girl for completing all challenges (and the aforementioned penguin that is tied to tournament achievement). Totally worth it.

Omni

As a BLM, I prefer not to stick to any single rotation. It's boring. I just do this:

MN0HfOO.gif

Whatever happens, happens. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, but it's always a surprise. I live for the excitement.
Same with me and my White Mage. Sometimes you'll get a Cure II. Other times I'll be in cleric stance and spamming Cure III at you

the possibilities are endless

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Same with me and my White Mage. Sometimes you'll get a Cure II. Other times I'll be in cleric stance and spamming Cure III at you

the possibilities are endless

And this is the kinda shit that happens as a result.

v0UD0rS.gif

chrono01

And this is the kinda shit that happens as a result.

v0UD0rS.gif
No regrets. To live on the edge of my PC seat, no expectations.

Fate won't always be on my side with my self-patented "roll hands across keyboard and hope for the best" method, but such is life.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know the fastest way to get from Jadeite Thick to Limsa Lominsa?

Edit: I just got accepted into the company. Now, I just need to find it. Lol!

Xux

Does anyone know the fastest way to get from Jadeite Thick to Limsa Lominsa?
If you've been there before, teleporting.
If you're far enough in the story, you can take the airship.
Otherwise, you have to go through South Shroud -> Eastern Thanalan -> Central Thanalan -> Western Thanalan and go to Vesper Bay past the Horizon camp and take the ferry. ...I'm not sure if you can take ferry if you can't take the airship, though.

Also, if you're going there for Rogue/Ninja or Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar, you need to do the level 10 quest for your starting class to unlock the ability to change classes.

Sora_N

Wow, BLM is the most fun class for me so far other than being super squishy.

I finally got to level 41, just 7 more levels and I'll try to finish the main story for ARR.

Omni

I don't remember levelling up to be this easy. Not sure if it's just because of the shorter queue times as a tank, but I'm going up a level every few hours. My Dark Knight will be 60 in no time o.0

Wow, BLM is the most fun class for me so far other than being super squishy.

I finally got to level 41, just 7 more levels and I'll try to finish the main story for ARR.
So far?

I assume you haven't tried any others yet. xD

Sora_N

I don't remember levelling up to be this easy. Not sure if it's just because of the shorter queue times as a tank, but I'm going up a level every few hours. My Dark Knight will be 60 in no time o.0

So far?

I assume you haven't tried any others yet. xD

I played May/June then I got really occupied with work and just started again earlier this month.

Got a SCH to 50 but didn't finish the main story for ARR.
Bard to 35
DRG to 37
Marauder to 17
CNJ to 23

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I mean, I see where this tank is coming from since there are a bunch of healers who dps even though they barely know how to heal, which shouldn't be the case. It ends up making runs take way longer when you die on trash pulls even while popping cooldowns and stuff. 2/10 would not run again. But yeah, I would never say dumb shit like that tank did.[/spoiler]
I love it when I have shitty tanks that make me blow my MP load, I don't even bother going to Cleric Stance in DF unless I'm with a friend that knows what they're doing.

ebil

I fee like they maybe made Void Ark a bit too easy.
I went in yesterday to help a friend, group had trouble on the second trash pack, a few died on the second boss's LoS attack, we wiped on Cuchulainn, more than half the alliance kept getting petrified during Echidna.

The SCH I got had their fairy on auto, didn't cast a single spell aside from Succor every 10s. People running all over the place out of healing range, BRDs never singing, terrible DPS. This is the intended audience. It's just the right difficulty for its intended audience.

For normal people, yeah, it's too easy.

aceface

I fee like they maybe made Void Ark a bit too easy.

It is pretty easy. That being said I've only done it twice, both will full gaf groups the first day after reset. I would assume that doing it with randos just before reset would be fairly horrifying.

Zomba13

Had some cool Turn 1-5 runs with GAF earlier. All fun and fast. Next time tho, Second Coil. I want me some of that completion and cutscenes and what not.

Top Bottom